What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Manning to Broncos - not a good thing for Buffs

Back in my J-School days, a professor told us. "Two things have front-page precedence in Denver. 1. The Broncos. 2. Snow. Heaven help the newsroom when snow is forecast for a Broncos game."

How many of those Bronco season ticket holders have Buff season tickets? Just a good guess - but not many. No knock on Bronco fans - it's their money, and none of my damn business what they spend it on.

The real question is - "How many of the CU season ticket holders have Bronco season tickets?" The answer is a lot. I would say that a high percentage of the CU season ticket holders have Bronco tickets base upon the people that I know.

I never bought into the Broncos hurt CU argument.

Back in my J-School days, a professor told us. "Two things have front-page precedence in Denver. 1. The Broncos. 2. Snow. Heaven help the newsroom when snow is forecast for a Broncos game."
Snow going to a Broncos game is a killer. They will lose, and lose badly.

and after 5 pages of this... no one can come up with the positives..... this is simple... Make Sure Peyton loves Colorado and that he produces sons while he is living there.... make it so he wants to stay and in 19 or 20 years. we have a few QB's on the roster!

and after 5 pages of this... no one can come up with the positives..... this is simple... Make Sure Peyton loves Colorado and that he produces sons while he is living there.... make it so he wants to stay and in 19 or 20 years. we have a few QB's on the roster!

My thoughts exactly.

Well, CU's qb's will now be able to watch highlights of an nfl qb actually passing the football. Hopefully, this will keep them from wanting to become running backs.

They should write that into his contract. With his pedigree it sure won't be a Cody Hawkins.

Who cares if Peyton stays? Focus on the baby-mamma.

Peyton will last three, four years max. By that time the new facilities will be wellunder way, if not complete. The void left by Manning's departure will leave the zombie Bronco fans and media searching to fill the void. The resurgent up and coming PAC 12 power CU Buffs will fill that void.

Manning to the Broncos, i believe will actually help CU. More national spotlight is not a bad thing for the state of Colorado . it was not likeDenver media covered CU athletics well anyways pre Manning. CU is on the right track, our basketball is doing well, Embree is starting to get the talent needed for the football program. We are now part of the Pac 12. Manning is a Denver Broncos. More national attention, more of the brand of Colorado in kids home. More recruiting opportunities.

Last edited:
Manning to the Broncos, i believe will actually help CU. More national spotlight is not a bad thing for the state of Colorado . it was not likeDenver media covered CU athletics well anyways pre Manning. CU is on the right track, our basketball is doing well, Embree is starting to get the talent needed for the football program. We are now part of the Pac 12. Manning is a Denver Broncos. More national attention, more of the brand of Colorado in kids home. More recruiting opportunities.

Yes. Notre Dame, Indiana and Purdue thrived because Manning played for the Colts. Now that he is gone, college football in that state is really going to suffer.

Back