What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend Did Not Exist - Hoax!

I started playing football so I could stop making up girlfriends. And after three seasons it nearly worked.

Reactions: aik
a theory from a forum

I'm posting it everywhere, I might as well post it here too. Te'o is gay. This was his beard for his parents. The dude that ran the account is probably his actual boyfriend. When the parents got pushy and wanted to meet her they faked her death. Then the parents started blabbing to the media about all the tragedy their son has had to deal with. At some point Te'o had to just go along with it or come clean, but coming clean would be coming out as gay at Notre Dame, about to enter the NFL, with hardcore Mormon parents. He's 22. That's a lot of weight to carry, so he just went along with it. Now he's proper ****ed.

http://www.basketballforum.com/college-football/476281-manti-te-o-s-dead-girlfriend-hoax.html

Here's how it's like Shattered Glass:

1. Stephen Glass (Hayden Christensen) is a writer for The New Republic
2. He makes up every article based on fake events
3. When his boss is on to him, he denys it
4. NY Times find out his stories are fake
5. Glass pleads he's been duped
6. Turns out, Glass had been working with his brother from Stanford (!!!) to field phony calls backing up his claims

If you haven't seen this movie, it might as well be called the Shattered Te'o. The part about how the readers and his co-workers wanted to believe him because they liked him is spot on here. But they never fact checked and ran dozens of made up stories.

To quote the best comment from deadspin: Unreal. Just like Lennay Kekua

ND_angle-NAVY_Green-480x480.jpg

So what you're saying is: Chip Kelly was his boyfriend, and they faked his death so he could get out of Oregon unnoticed? I'm confused.

Chip Kelly is - in fact - not married, but I was merely trying to point out how quickly an otherwise huge story was pushed to the back pages.

Really strange deal but hilarious. I don't remember anything like this happening before. Teo speaks tomorrow maybe, that'll be fun.

Lennay Kakua sounds suspiciously like an alias. For alibi's sake, what month was Lynn Katoa booked in the Boulder County jail?

Assuming for a second ND and T´eo are right and he´s the victim of a prank, which I find next to impossible to believe, don´t you think the guys behind this are gonna come out with a tell-all interview fairly soon? I can someone rewarding them fairly handsomely for this.

Assuming for a second ND and T´eo are right and he´s the victim of a prank, which I find next to impossible to believe, don´t you think the guys behind this are gonna come out with a tell-all interview fairly soon? I can someone rewarding them fairly handsomely for this.

I'd pledge if Allbuffs wanted to pay to break this story.

Did Swarbrick not know about this story? It was in his own town's newspaper for crying out loud.

Lennay Kekua was a Stanford student and Cardinal football fan when the two exchanged glances, handshakes and phone numbers that fateful weekend three seasons ago.

She was gifted in music, multi-lingual, had dreams grounded in reality and the talent to catch up to them.

The plan was for Kekua to spend extensive time with the whole Te'o family when upwards of 40 of them came to South Bend in mid-November for ND's Senior Day date with Wake Forest.

"They started out as just friends," Brian Te'o said. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there. But within the last year, they became a couple.

http://articles.southbendtribune.co...brian-and-ottilia-manti-te-o-irish-head-coach

Real question, is Swarbuck as much of a pathological liar as Manti? He's choking up at the PC. The act continues.

This press conference is fantastic. Wow. ND, by doing this, is desperately trying to lay down the party line that Teo was duped in the hopes that the media buys it and runs with it... Huge gamble.

Back