What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mark Helfrich...WTF?

SINKRATZ

PhD in Analogy
Club Member
OU is averaging 55 points a game and it could be a lot worse, they've called off the dogs late in a few games with huge leads. So, how do we explain what Helfrich is doing in Eugene when his offenses here were so pathetic?

1. Chip Kelly is really calling the shots on offense
2. OU's talent is exponentially better than CU
3. Hawkins meddled the offense into ineptitude and Helfrich is really this good.
4. Other

I suspect it's combination of 1 & 2, but if it's 3, MH is going to get a head coaching job sooner than later. Does CU even look at Helfrich or is he tainted by Hawk as far as CU is concerned. Thoughts?

You're right - a combination of 1 and 2 - Kelly is the brains behind the Oregon offense and they have the talent to pull it off...

OU is averaging 55 points a game and it could be a lot worse, they've called off the dogs late in a few games with huge leads. So, how do we explain what Helfrich is doing in Eugene when his offenses here were so pathetic?

1. Chip Kelly is really calling the shots on offense
2. OU's talent is exponentially better than CU
3. Hawkins meddled the offense into ineptitude and Helfrich is really this good.
4. Other

I suspect it's combination of 1 & 2, but if it's 3, MH is going to get a head coaching job sooner than later. Does CU even look at Helfrich or is he tainted by Hawk as far as CU is concerned. Thoughts?

Combo of 1 and 2, plus I'm guessing Helfrich is just a better coach with the experience he got at CU calling plays.

U of O. We'll be joining them in the Pac. It's time to figure it out.

It would bug the **** out of us if they called us UC.

I never really thought Helfrich was as terrible as everyone here made him out to be. I don't think he's solely responsible for UO's success, or the bad years here at CU.

...Did that make any sense? :lol:

I never really thought Helfrich was as terrible as everyone here made him out to be. I don't think he's solely responsible for UO's success, or the bad years here at CU.

...Did that make any sense? :lol:

while I hate many of Hawk's assistants, I actually liked Helfrich. I thought he, Kiesau (as WR coach, not so much OC), Brown and Grimes were quality hires. Our offense showed some spark when he was here, but the personnel definitely limited him. We didn't have any gamebreakers for sure.

Back