What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mark Kennedy new, but soon to be old CU President - Official CU president Thread

Holy yikes. I am not sure how you can not understand the optics of what is going on and why this is so wrong.

This would have been a great example of leadership and he would have gained some support within the University's staff. I was on the fence with this hire, but this tells me all that I needed to know.

Holy yikes. I am not sure how you can not understand the optics of what is going on and why this is so wrong.

This would have been a great example of leadership and he would have gained some support within the University's staff. I was on the fence with this hire, but this tells me all that I needed to know.
The key quality of leadership is trust.

A key component of building trust is sacrifice.

Kennedy was not in a good position to take chances around uniting the university. He needed to make a statement. He failed, and I'm not sure what we did to deserve this substandard candidate. Kent Thiry would have been awesome!

FWIW, regent Sue Sharkey responded to an AllBuffs tweet on the matter:

Not taking a side just thought some would be interested to see her input. I wonder if negative reactions made him re-think the bonus or if this was the plan all along.

Not taking a side just thought some would be interested to see her input. I wonder if negative reactions made him re-think the bonus or if this was the plan all along.

Then why not make a simple statement clarifying that and allow it to become a fair part of the public discourse.

The immediate retreat to a victim posture is both pathetic and infuriating.

Then why not make a simple statement clarifying that and allow it to become a fair part of the public discourse.

The immediate retreat to a victim posture is both pathetic and infuriating.

That's funny - I see instead that she responded to the usual self-righteous, finger-pointers on this site who unfairly condemned Kennedy and had the facts completely wrong. What a shock.

That's funny - I see instead that she responded to the usual self-righteous, finger-pointers on this site who unfairly condemned Kennedy and had the facts completely wrong. What a shock.
With victimhood.

If it was a misunderstanding, she had the opportunity to clarify it in a manner that was less divisive.

In my professional life, I couldn't imagine releasing a communication in that tone.

Last edited:
Unqualified university president gets attacked because he’s unwilling to make a sacrifice like many have in the organization. Then he gets called out.

You know why this scholarship thing is a reaction? He would’ve announced the scholarship donation immediately. It would’ve been plastered everywhere.

Unqualified university president gets attacked because he’s unwilling to make a sacrifice like many have in the organization. Then he gets called out.

You know why this scholarship thing is a reaction? He would’ve announced the scholarship donation immediately. It would’ve been plastered everywhere.
Cause all he had to do was say no to the money. He said yes, so now he's gotta give it away. Also, anyone want odds he never actually sends the money?

JFC, if that was the plan all along, it was an epic fail not to publicize it. Dude should be canned for stupidity if that was the case.

People are surprised a politician took as much money as he could. That's what they do.
Again- nobody is surprised one but.
And Sharkey’s response is, well, odd. Not to beat a dead horse, but why wasn’t that information included in the same press release? Seems like it would have been easy enough. It’s not like the University didn’t do THE EXACT SAME THING with the announcement that Boyle had refused his bonus. So why the different approach? It’s pretty obvious that he was granted the bonus,l and he had every intention of keeping it. Then the ****storm hit, so he decides to donate it to a scholarship fund and act like the world is out to get him.
I was honestly thinking a couple days ago that we hadn’t heard anything bad about Kennedy in a while, and maybe he was doing an OK job. Then this.
I’m done with this guy. He’s a poor representative for the school. I’m looking forward to the next President, because this guy sucks.

Never mind I am right, though I don't expect a progressive minion like you to be able to see that.
I don’t expect a Trump Minion to stop sniffing his farts long enough to realize that Kennedy was the wrong man for the job and only did this because of the backlash.

Didn't he already take a pay cut a couple weeks back? This is obviously a huge backtrack by him though, it would be hilarious if he wasn't the President of the University I attended.

JFC, if that was the plan all along, it was an epic fail not to publicize it. Dude should be canned for stupidity if that was the case.
I don't want to discourage donation to a scholarship program. Hopefully it is a good scholarship (for CU campus students). But, the moment he took the funds however he was in a no win situation, even if his intention was noble - specially after the ADs handling of the bonus payout. The lens on Kennedy shifted to how effective is the donation. Currently scholarships are not a priority. I think it was a default reactionary response after it became public. Has it even been announced which scholarship the $200k will fund?

But here is the rub, as the top public figure head of a University it is not a strong look taking $200k from your institution and giving it away another institution. A scholarship donation does not assist the current faculty, staff and students. It is just so out of step with the reality of the the situation.

**** donate it to just about anything to improve campus hygiene, survey the faculty to create hygiene initiative program or maybe buy some graduate students a dinner.

Hope he keeps the donation receipt for his 2020 taxes.

That's not possible. They wouldn't have reacted with the absurd "fake news media calls it a bonus but it's really incentive salary even though we know you all know it's really a bonus" if that were the case. They are lying. I'd bet your life on it.

I don't want to discourage donation to a scholarship program. Hopefully it is a good scholarship (for CU campus students). But, the moment he took the funds however he was in a no win situation, even if his intention was noble - specially after the ADs handling of the bonus payout. The lens on Kennedy shifted to how effective is the donation. Currently scholarships are not a priority. I think it was a default reactionary response after it became public. Has it even been announced which scholarship the $200k will fund?

But here is the rub, as the top public figure head of a University it is not a strong look taking $200k from your institution and giving it away another institution. A scholarship donation does not assist the current faculty, staff and students. It is just so out of step with the reality of the the situation.

**** donate it to just about anything to improve campus hygiene, survey the faculty to create hygiene initiative program or maybe buy some graduate students a dinner.

Hope he keeps the donation receipt for his 2020 taxes.
While i agree with a lot of what you say, he didn't "take" anything. He was paid by the university. Accepted, received??

giphy.gif

To whomever runs the AB Twitter: muting is the best feature on Twitter. You get all of the benefits of blocking them (none of their stuff appears) and they have no idea you muted then. It’s as if they don’t exist, but they don’t know they’re dead to you.

People need to get a grip. It was a performance bonus that he had earned. Didn't he take a 10% paycut already?

Back