What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mark Kennedy new, but soon to be old CU President - Official CU president Thread

80k moving allowance to come from North Dakota to Boulder?!? 15k automotive stipend?!?

Ok...... Kennedy is getting ****ing PAID. Who is going to get get paid more than double Benson. Here are some other contract highlights:

- $650k/yr year one
- $850k/yr second and third year
- $80k moving budget to come from North Dakota
- $50k for visiting four communities in Colorado outside of Denver/Boulder/Co Springs.
- $50k for turning in a proposal for a diversity and inclusion campaign
- $50k for engaging in outreach efforts. Not sure what that means
- $50k for submitting a strategic plan
- Suite to CU Football games
- 4 season tix to mens and womens bball
- Sponsorship fee to a country club agreed upon between Kennedy and the Regents
- Reimbursement for reasonable expenses

Benson was earning $324k/year, which is well below market rate, but was a discount he gave to CU because 1) he loves CU and 2) he is already oil rich

Kyle Clark is the source on all this:

He better do his mother****ing job then. I have a hard time believing they couldn't do better than this guy, I'm an idiot, I know :D.

Ok...... Kennedy is getting ****ing PAID. Who is going to get get paid more than double Benson. Here are some other contract highlights:

- $650k/yr year one
- $850k/yr second and third year
- $80k moving budget to come from North Dakota
- $50k for visiting four communities in Colorado outside of Denver/Boulder/Co Springs.
- $50k for turning in a proposal for a diversity and inclusion campaign
- $50k for engaging in outreach efforts. Not sure what that means
- $50k for submitting a strategic plan
- Suite to CU Football games
- 4 season tix to mens and womens bball
- Sponsorship fee to a country club agreed upon between Kennedy and the Regents
- Reimbursement for reasonable expenses

Benson was earning $324k/year, which is well below market rate, but was a discount he gave to CU because 1) he loves CU and 2) he is already oil rich

Kyle Clark is the source on all this:

I’d rather see them spend that money to cure cancer.

He will have a hard time leading in current environment.
giphy.gif

Real failure on the part of the BOR.

1. Anytime you have a straight party line vote it means that the regents (on both sides in most cases) are working from a political standpoint, not in the interest of the university.
2. A significantly split vote like this one means that the candidate is both political and is not qualified enough to draw support from a variety of viewpoints. Starting this way makes it hard to see him being successful doing the necessary work with the state legislature and with the diverse members of those who influence in the world of business, media, academia, etc.
3. What have we heard about this candidate (now president) that says he is outstanding at anything. A person in line for this kind of job should be a standout at something. Even his supporters have not been able to tell us what he brings to the table that makes him special, unique, innovative, or otherwise worthy of heading one of the nations top university systems. Even those who opposed Benson admitted that he was successful at business and was a leader in his field.
4. If he was such a good candidate why didn't he have intermediate stops between UND and CU? Who else wanted him.

This is not about his political affiliation. I prefer people from the conservative side of politics and had the candidate been in similar circumstances run through by a Democratic majority made the same criticisms. Colorado has one flagship university system (sorry sheep, you guys ain't it) and that system should be run in a way that serves and represents the entire state in a non-partisan manner that brings value to the entire state regardless of political leanings.

This hire doesn't look to come close to meeting that standard.

I'm sure this lacks context, but the bottom tweet is a pretty frightening characterization of the search process, if true.

Also why couldn’t he provide any examples of “moving us into the 21st century” in any of the open forums? He basically said he will be really hands off.

Also why couldn’t he provide any examples of “moving us into the 21st century” in any of the open forums? He basically said he will be really hands off.
I have no idea what that means either.....

You could get yourself in trouble with stuff like this. I'd tone it down.

This is some bull****. If something happened and authorities wanted to hunt me down, I’m fine with that. Those regents ****ed us. There needs to be repercussions.

Since my previous posts were deleted here’s Mark Kennedy’s campaign video. A ****ing CLOWN.

Back