What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mark Kennedy new, but soon to be old CU President - Official CU president Thread

True, but it doesn’t change the fact that Ganahl is one of the true AD/football supporters on the BOR and voting against her because of her backing of Kennedy, while fine if you truly have such strong convictions about CU beyond athletics, is probably not the wisest move.

You will not have to vote against her because she will be moving on from that seat before the term is up.

Fascinating article. Looks like CU (and other State schools) have been violating the law by submitting a sole finalist.

Also interesting analysis of confidential v public search processes, and a brief discussion of the corruption from search firms who are one of the few who benefit from a closed search process.

Then it’s time to change the law and process. Also rans are unlikely to want their name publicized because it may compromise their current job.

Fascinating article. Looks like CU (and other State schools) have been violating the law by submitting a sole finalist.

Also interesting analysis of confidential v public search processes, and a brief discussion of the corruption from search firms who are one of the few who benefit from a closed search process.

Allbuffs should file a lawsuit. We haz de lawyerz...

I think it may be difficult to publicly name multiple finalists. You're looking to poach those candidates from somewhere. In my career, I'm not sure that I'd want it publicly announced that I was a finalist to leave my job for another one. CU doing it that way would limit its potential candidate pool.

So, since they are probably violating current law and the change needed to become compliant is not feasible -- sounds to me like this is a constitutional crisis and we need to reconsider the entire way that CO's state institutions are governed. How many Regents, how they're chosen, what powers they have, and how employees & compensation packages get approved.

Oooof.

By all accounts, he followed the correct protocols, but this isn’t a good look. For a guy who is the face and voice of the CU system, he can’t seem to get out of his own way.

He needs to realize that everything he does will be meticulously scrutinized for the first 6-12 months he’s on the job. That 6-12 months can become permanent if he keeps pulling stunts like this. It’s not so much that he did something wrong, he just didn’t think through the consequences. Creating a job out of thin air, not making it available to anybody on staff, and then hiring somebody with whom he has had a previous working relationship may be technically legal, but it’s not going to endear him to the staff he’s leading.

Anything is forgiven if it is your tribe. Nothing is legitimate if outside.
Chiv made 4 times this in 2018. I guess I have more important things to think about, like what beer should I buy on the way home.
And CU profs are not my tribe, they are mostly overpaid, self aggrandized egg-heads that drive the cost of tuition through the roof.

Chiv made 4 times this in 2018. I guess I have more important things to think about, like what beer should I buy on the way home.
And CU profs are not my tribe, they are mostly overpaid, self aggrandized egg-heads that drive the cost of tuition through the roof.
Wow, you got bad grades.

You think its the professors salaries that drive tuition through the roof?

No, not factually accurate.

Was going to post this. Very important for Tucker to have the support of the CU President and a good relationship. I'm hopeful that Kennedy is on board with how important athletics, particularly football, can be to growing the brand for a university to increase applications and donations.

CU might have the benefit of Kennedy learning from his mistakes at UND and not repeat them at CU.

I've stayed out of the Kennedy brouhaha.

I do recall a massive howl when Bruce Benson was named president. Things like "he knows zero about academics", "he is as conservative republican as anyone on the planet", "he's nothing but an old, white guy".

I'm no expert on Pres. Benson's tenure, but the little I know is that he was a tireless worker, did for nearly zero pay and I don't recall many political/partisan moves of great significance (as we were promised by those opposed to him). I've heard the fundraising under his leadership was outstanding.

Kennedy ain’t Benson, though.

I’m glad to see he’s outwardly supportive of athletics, though. That’s better than some Regents, who are openly hostile towards it.

Back