What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mark Kennedy new, but soon to be old CU President - Official CU president Thread

What are you most angry about? The process or the person who was hired?
Both. As it turns out from the reporting, the process was furked from the start. The outcome reflected the faulty process. We now know definitively that there were many more well qualified candidates than Kennedy who expressed interest in the job and were in the finalist group. That’s a really miserable job by the BoR.

Both. As it turns out from the reporting, the process was furked from the start. The outcome reflected the faulty process. We now know definitively that there were many more well qualified candidates than Kennedy who expressed interest in the job and were in the finalist group. That’s a really miserable job by the BoR.
Are you willing to give Kennedy a chance and ,if he does well, give him credit? I am willing to admit he was a bad choice if he is unable to unite academia and administration and does a poor job in fund raising. And, honestly, I probably have only a small understanding what his day to day duties are.

Are you willing to give Kennedy a chance and ,if he does well, give him credit? I am willing to admit he was a bad choice if he is unable to unite academia and administration and does a poor job in fund raising. And, honestly, I probably have only a small understanding what his day to day duties are.
I guess? We should be more concerned about the processes attached to our selection of such important roles for our university.

I was watching reporters from both the Post and Camera live tweet the "retreat".

Certain regents were more concerned about being criticized than about doing their job the right way. Every public official is going to get criticized for their decisions.

This just shows they are governing from fear and that is no way to govern Colorado's universities.

It may be accurate. It may be fair. It's not a good look.
I'm not saying it's illegal. It's immoral. It is bad leadership.

Our football coaches are taking voluntary pay cuts. CU employees are being put on furlough. Budges are being cut by 20-30%.

And the leader of the whole university is ensuring he gets every single cent possible from his contract.

It may be accurate. It may be fair. It's not a good look.
That’s my take as well. It might be what’s in his contract, but the optics are really bad. Especially given the fact that Boyle, Dorrell and RG all took pay cuts during this.
Kennedy is tone deaf when it comes to stuff like this.

That’s my take as well. It might be what’s in his contract, but the optics are really bad. Especially given the fact that Boyle, Dorrell and RG all took pay cuts during this.
Kennedy is tone deaf when it comes to stuff like this.

Not only did Boyle take a pay cut, he declined accepting his "incentive salary" to allow that money to keep other people in their jobs.

I'm not saying it's illegal. It's immoral. It is bad leadership.

Our football coaches are taking voluntary pay cuts. CU employees are being put on furlough. Budges are being cut by 20-30%.

And the leader of the whole university is ensuring he gets every single cent possible from his contract.
This surprises you how exactly?

I don’t think this actually surprises anybody. This is exactly the kind of behavior we all expect from Kennedy. That, by itself, is a big problem.

For instance, can anybody imagine Bruce Benson or Hank Brown pulling a stunt like this? Hell, Judith Albino, Betsy Hoffman, Gordon Gee? I can’t imagine any of them would accept that kind of bonus at a time like this. But for Kennedy, he’s all like “what? It’s in my contract”.

And Tad refused the bonus offered by RG for the NCAA tourney. Even used the same reasons as discussed here and he new it would be a bad look. Kennedy is not helping himself or Dear Old CU here

This is so far from any form of leadership that it hopefully ensures a short term for Mr. Kennedy at CU's president.
I think he will serve out every second of his contract. Thing is, he’s not doing anything illegal or even really unethical. It’s just a lot of bad optics. Everything he is doing is completely within his rights to do. He is acting like a guy who doesn’t give a **** about the institution he is leading.

I think he will serve out every second of his contract. Thing is, he’s not doing anything illegal or even really unethical. It’s just a lot of bad optics. Everything he is doing is completely within his rights to do. He is acting like a guy who doesn’t give a **** about the institution he is leading.

No doubt, but hopefully this quashes any idea of an extension.

No doubt, but hopefully this quashes any idea of an extension.
This will be long forgotten by the time a possible extension is in the works. I have every confidence that he will continue to display the same tone deaf behavior that is in evidence here for the next four years, though.
Or maybe we will get lucky and he will take a job somewhere else. It’s clear he has no particular passion or connection to the University if Colorado.

Back