What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Marques Simas

BuffNut99

Club Member
Club Member
First time I've been able to speak or chat about anything related to the Buffs since Friday...

Anyways, the purpose of this thread is to discuss this very talented guy who we haven't seen yet (save for practice).

I personally feel that there is no single player more imporant to the Buffs' improving next year than Simas. If you look around the Big 12, all of the great teams have a go-to receiver that strikes fear in the heart of the opposition (Crabtree, Maclin, Bryant) or combinations of very good receivers (Oklahoma, Texas).

CU has had this type of receiver before: Mike Pritchard, Charles Johnson, Michael Westbrook, Rae Carruth, and to lesser extents, James Kidd, Javon Green, Phil Savoy, Derek McCoy, DJ Hackett, Jeremy Bloom, and Patrick Williams (just kidding). But CU is lacking this type of guy right now, unless Simas steps up.

Unfortunately, to this point it seems that the Buff faithful want Simas to blossom more than he himself does. Thoughts?

Your last line may have been true at this time last year, but he has really stepped up from all accounts this year.

I have heard reports that he's the best WR in practice. I hope like hell he's got his head on straight in the classroom. He's one guy CU cannot afford to lose for next year with Crawford and Williams leaving. They're gonna be awfully thin at WR if Simas isn't in there.

First time I've been able to speak or chat about anything related to the Buffs since Friday...

Anyways, the purpose of this thread is to discuss this very talented guy who we haven't seen yet (save for practice).

I personally feel that there is no single player more imporant to the Buffs' improving next year than Simas. If you look around the Big 12, all of the great teams have a go-to receiver that strikes fear in the heart of the opposition (Crabtree, Maclin, Bryant) or combinations of very good receivers (Oklahoma, Texas).

CU has had this type of receiver before: Mike Pritchard, Charles Johnson, Michael Westbrook, Rae Carruth, and to lesser extents, James Kidd, Javon Green, Phil Savoy, Derek McCoy, DJ Hackett, Jeremy Bloom, and Patrick Williams (just kidding). But CU is lacking this type of guy right now, unless Simas steps up.

Unfortunately, to this point it seems that the Buff faithful want Simas to blossom more than he himself does. Thoughts?

It's going to take a heack of a lot more than one receiver to get CU sputtering again.

Top 5 after watching you all season.

1) Obviously, a good & solid QB - Sorry, but Hawkins is mediocre at best
2) Special Teams, yours is the worst I've seen next to Nevada's. How can you play Div1 Football and not catch a damn kick return.
3) A D Line
4) Tackling...way to many arm tackles (so does NU don't feel bad)
5) Heart - Except for ISU...I haven't really seen you guys want to win

You know you have no life when you are a NU fan and you hang around the CU sites for extra entertainment.... Nebraska must really be a fun place! No wonder it leads the nation in Crystal Meth addictions per capita.

You know you have no life when you are a NU fan and you hang around the CU sites for extra entertainment.... Nebraska must really be a fun place! No wonder it leads the nation in Crystal Meth addictions per capita.

See the funny thing is I wasn't making fun of CU I'm just talking about football and my observations. I try and be respectful to CU as much as possible. NU has just as much **** to fix as you....put some corn starch on your raw labia, **** nuts.

I hang around here not because your buffs or because I like to **** with CU fans...I hang around here because I actually like a lot of the posters here even when they're bustin' my chops on my skers. You're the one getting all antzy in the damn pantzy. You've been here...what.....a month and a half?

And if you weren't half retarded....I don't live in Nebraska, believe me, I know it's boring.

Last edited:

Get your facts straight about such serious matters.

Nebraska is in the bottom 3 in per-capita abuse of meth and other drugs.

Colorado is in the top 3.

Google around. Here's one site to help you:

http://www.oas.samhsa.gov/stateMaps.htm

Last edited:

Meth Chicks are HAWT!

WEB%20Meth%20girl%202.jpg

According to this link, NE was #4 in the nation for meth use for the period of 2002-2005:

http://www.oas.samhsa.gov/2k6/statemeth/stateMeth.htm

So while it's not #1, it's pretty damn close. Colorado is #14, BTW. If we're talking about meth, let's stick to the subject and not try to muddy the waters. Your link was talking about any drug use (and we all know CO is one of the top weed smoking states per capita). Nobody will deny that. But Buffaholic specifically mentioned meth...

According to this link, NE was #4 in the nation for meth use for the period of 2002-2005:

http://www.oas.samhsa.gov/2k6/statemeth/stateMeth.htm

So while it's not #1, it's pretty damn close. Colorado is #14, BTW. If we're talking about meth, let's stick to the subject and not try to muddy the waters. Your link was talking about any drug use (and we all know CO is one of the top weed smoking states per capita). Nobody will deny that. But Buffaholic specifically mentioned meth...

WEED ftw!

white_rhino_nug.JPG

I thought this thread was about M. Simas and now we're trading meth smack and pics of meth-ravaged women? I can only shudder when I think about the posts this off-season will bring forth....

And yes resident corncobs, I understand your season isn't over, which makes me wonder why you are here....

And yes resident corncobs, I understand your season isn't over, which makes me wonder why you are here....

That's the biggest mystery of them all. We're done until 2009. They're not.

As for the meth talk, this is allbuffs. :hijacked::lol:

How bad are Simas' grades?

Bad enough last year that he was academically ineligible this season after redshirting last year. He had good grades in HS, so hopefully he can get his head on straight this year. The Buffs really need a legitimate threat opposite of Smith.

I thought this thread was about M. Simas and now we're trading meth smack and pics of meth-ravaged women? I can only shudder when I think about the posts this off-season will bring forth....

I popped into this thread to read about the Colorado player in the thread title. I saw a lie posted about the state of Nebraska, so I responded to that.

But the "why are you here" question does come up in Allbuffs from time to time and in various threads around the forums. I'll answer for myself: I was invited by a Buffs fan several months ago.

The other half of my answer about being here I posted in another thread where somebody expressed not wanting to see so many Husker fans in Allbuffs. If the admin here wants to include a check box to ferret out Husker fans and be certain to have only Buffs fans at Allbuffs, he has not done so. But that is not the only thing that would cause me to stop coming here: just say, "we don't want you here" and I won't come here any more. It's your house, I'm an invited guest.

No biggie. There are dozens of forums for college football.

Bad enough last year that he was academically ineligible this season after redshirting last year. He had good grades in HS, so hopefully he can get his head on straight this year. The Buffs really need a legitimate threat opposite of Smith.

'rino bad news for you and your new avatar, the white man wont be keeping people down for much longer.

I talked to Simas about a week ago and he said it killed him this year not being able to participate. He is working really hard so he can get back on the field and help out the team. He loves Colorado, Boulder specifically, feels at home, and can't wait to catch a lot of passes for the U. of Colorado. He sounded very genuine and motivated.

I also talked to a couple other players and they felt that he was the best WR on the team. Hopefully he will show that. It will be nice to see him and Josh on the field at the same time. :thumbsup:

Allllllright already!!!!!

CU doesn't like NU & vice versa...:deadhorse:

:focus:

We absolutely need Simas to be a factor on the field next year. McKnight is super dependable but not typically a big play guy. What we need is a speedster to stretch the field and a monster who can pluck jump balls out of the air in the corner of the end zone when we're in the red zone. I believe Simas can do both provided he can suit up on Saturdays.

'rino bad news for you and your new avatar, the white man wont be keeping people down for much longer.

I know. Gotta use it while I still can. How are Jesse and fat Al going to make a living with a black man in the White House?:lol:

I popped into this thread to read about the Colorado player in the thread title. I saw a lie posted about the state of Nebraska, so I responded to that.

But the "why are you here" question does come up in Allbuffs from time to time and in various threads around the forums. I'll answer for myself: I was invited by a Buffs fan several months ago.

The other half of my answer about being here I posted in another thread where somebody expressed not wanting to see so many Husker fans in Allbuffs. If the admin here wants to include a check box to ferret out Husker fans and be certain to have only Buffs fans at Allbuffs, he has not done so. But that is not the only thing that would cause me to stop coming here: just say, "we don't want you here" and I won't come here any more. It's your house, I'm an invited guest.

No biggie. There are dozens of forums for college football.

Gee Spidey, I didn't mean to hurt anybody's feelings....:cry:

I don't have a problem with NU fans here, I just figured you guys would be talking about your bowl game....

I don't have a problem with NU fans here, I just figured you guys would be talking about your bowl game....

We are...that's what the 'Gator Bowl' thread is for ;)

Hey...I feel your pain...you guys knocked us out last year.

:lol:

Feelings not hurt.

But our bowl game is being decided by the Powers that Be as of yet..

But this thread is about a player who gets good reports from scout.com etc (except for speed). I'm very curious as to Hawkins' plans for the Buffs.. and also how he's addressing the injury/academic player losses of this past season (depth is usually the best answer to that, of course).

Feelings not hurt.

But this thread is about a player who gets good reports from scout.com etc (except for speed). I'm very curious as to Hawkins' plans for the Buffs.. and also how he's addressing the injury/academic player losses of this past season (depth is usually the best answer to that, of course).

Yeah they say that but the kid still runs a 4.57 40? Plenty fast. Sounds like a pretty good player.

His stats are identical to Purify's. I can't believe that kid didn't go pro.

Feelings not hurt.

That makes two of us. I still believe Hawk can get it done, but I will confess when he got here I never dreamed after three years we'd still be waiting for a winning season.....:huh:

Simas does not have blazing speed so he is not going to be a receiver that stretches the defense too much. He has good size, good hands, and runs good routes (in practice).

I look for him to be a possession type of receiver.

The thing that will help CU's passing game will be a strong armed QB that can get the ball to the receiver while he still has time to run. People don't realize what a big difference a fraction of a second can make. The long out pattern that CU keeps running with Cody is a loser - by the time the ball gets there the DBs are closing in for the tackle. CUs YPA are way too low.

Simas does not have blazing speed so he is not going to be a receiver that stretches the defense too much. He has good size, good hands, and runs good routes (in practice).

I look for him to be a possession type of receiver.

The thing that will help CU's passing game will be a strong armed QB that can get the ball to the receiver while he still has time to run. People don't realize what a big difference a fraction of a second can make. The long out pattern that CU keeps running with Cody is a loser - by the time the ball gets there the DBs are closing in for the tackle. CUs YPA are way too low.

:iagree:

Back