What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Marvin Bagley picks Duke

Was looking through Terrell Owens' tweets since Peyton Manning teased him about working at Golden Corrall and saw a video of this player. Dude is a monster.

He might reclassify his class and enroll this fall like Minnesota T-Wolves player Wiggins did.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-ba...-iii-recruiting-duke-usc-reclassify-nba-draft

Maybe we won't get him but why not?!?

Bagley's great. Check out Zion Williamson if you want some fun highlights. Also, RJ Barrett, who is just going to enter his junior HS season is the unanimous '19 #1 prospect. He is rumored to be considering reclassifying as well to '18 to get an early jump on the pros. He practically single-handedly beat the US as part of Team Canada in Worlds a few weeks ago.

One day... ...one day...our Buffs will get one of these guys :)

Suppose USC gets him...could really cement LA as the base of power for Pac-12 Hoops for years to come.

Recent comments by his dad make it seem that this may not be a sure thing...of course, Mr Bagley could be playing coy, but Bagley reclassifying doesn't seem that final of a done deal.

Fwiw - USC and Duke seem to be his finalists. I'm sure Duke would take him, but he also doesn't really seem to fit with the players they already have. That would make me agree that USC should have a slight lead if he reclassified. If he doesn't and stays '18, I think Bagley is still wide open.

I watched the finals of The Peach Jam on TV today and they were talking about him. I think it was Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson. They said if he re-classifies he'll be the #1 player in this class and the 1st pick in the draft next year. They also speculated that USC is the front runner for his committment. Then Arizona and Duke.

Looks like Bagley filed to reclassify. There seem to be some questions on whether he can get the necessary classes done to graduate, but he's started the process. USC, UCLA, Arizona and Duke seem to be on his circuit. It'd be fun to see him in the PAC12.

Duke.

Big impact on the favorites to win ACC, Pac-12 and national title.

His dad and family have a lot of ties to Durham, so for '18, a lot of Duke fans thought we were the heavy favorite. However, with the reclassification to '17, which is going to happen apparently, UCLA and USC seemed like heavy competitors, if not leaders. This is especially so, because Duke usually doesn't play a deep rotation and Wendell Carter signed with Duke. Of course you take Bagley, but the signing for '17 is interesting.

His dad and family have a lot of ties to Durham, so for '18, a lot of Duke fans thought we were the heavy favorite. However, with the reclassification to '17, which is going to happen apparently, UCLA and USC seemed like heavy competitors, if not leaders. This is especially so, because Duke usually doesn't play a deep rotation and Wendell Carter signed with Duke. Of course you take Bagley, but the signing for '17 is interesting.
ESPN ranked Bagley as its #1 overall for 2017 after the reclassification. I don't think it matters who else is on the roster.

Back