What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Maryland and Rutgers heading to the Big 10 on Monday.

The big 12 breaks before the acc. Big 12 has lousy tv markets outside of texas and kc and they geographically are easier to swallow up. Texas and tcu or houston to pac 12 if we expand. Or texas and kansas. If we go to 16 could be texas houston kansas tcu and maybe, big maybe, oklahoma. Its only about tv revenue and thats it besides academic fit. There isnt anything else that matters in this game. Everyone goes to 16 eventually but pac 12 and big 12 get there last. It sucks as a fan of football and the regular season but lots of people will be pumped for playoffs etc. i think its all cyclical too. At some point we will see conferences get smaller again.

Talk is now about UVA and GT heading to the Big 10:

Josh Carpenter ‏@JoshCarpenter89 What I've heard, too. RT @jim_utter: And more ACC teams to come RT @JoshCarpenter89: UVA and Georgia Tech to the Big 10 Monday?

More than 16? That's just ridiculous. At that point its two leagues with a cross scheduling agreement and a pooled TV deal. If leagues are really going that big I suppose the Big 12 could kick WVU and TCU to the curb and merge those 8 with the PAC, but that would mean we're kicked back to the plains schools. Plus Dodd's would never give up his "precious" (LHN).

Go bigger than 16 and Delaney is essentially making a play for BTN to be ESPN Jr for college sports. Curious if the Big 12 is going to gobble up the ACC leftovers, I can't imagine the Big 12's tv model is going to look all that appealing to any schools not named Texas compared to what the BIG and the SEC will pull in with network deals. Every ACC team with a pulse is going to be fighting for spots in those two leagues with the Big 12 likely a distant 3rd in appeal.

The big 12 breaks before the acc. Big 12 has lousy tv markets outside of texas and kc and they geographically are easier to swallow up. Texas and tcu or houston to pac 12 if we expand. Or texas and kansas. If we go to 16 could be texas houston kansas tcu and maybe, big maybe, oklahoma. Its only about tv revenue and thats it besides academic fit. There isnt anything else that matters in this game. Everyone goes to 16 eventually but pac 12 and big 12 get there last. It sucks as a fan of football and the regular season but lots of people will be pumped for playoffs etc. i think its all cyclical too. At some point we will see conferences get smaller again.

Big 12 has a GoR, The ACC doesn't.

Most of the smoke must be coming from the Georgia Tech sites (if they have any, most GT fans are like 95 years old), because I'm a regular observer of UVA sites and aside from an occasional mention of it, things are very very quiet right now. Maybe too quiet. Littlepage isn't exactly what I'd describe as they most proactive guy out there, but if he legitimately fears for the ACC he'll make a move. His public statement a few days ago was to the contrary, but we know how that goes. UVA was also one of the schools that voted against Louisville joining. UVA's President was hired from Michigan.

Last edited:
Big XII is going no where as they have a 13 year GOR which locks their TV revenue into the Big XII. So a Texas could leave but they get none of their TV revenue for 13 years... absolutely 100% a no go for anyone. It is basically a death lock on a institution to stay in the Big XII.

Big XII is going no where as they have a 13 year GOR which locks their TV revenue into the Big XII. So a Texas could leave but they get none of their TV revenue for 13 years... absolutely 100% a no go for anyone. It is basically a death lock on a institution to stay in the Big XII.

Depends how much teeth the GoR actually has, what if it requires a vote of 3/4's of teams to be enforced, or if half the league votes to dissolve the league, there are smaller voting blocks now withnonly 10 teams.

I'm thinking left overs at the ACC merge with or take the leftovers from the Big East after and the Sec picks off 2 more before that to get both to 16.

That leaves a 16 team B10 & SEC. A Frankenstein of the ACC/BE at 16, a so so B12, and a 12 team Pac12.

And that PAC 12 at 12 teams, or 16, still has the biggest geographic foot print with possibility the 2nd largest population area. Which means they would be "in" the playoff that would come and the ACC or B12 would be out.

The B1G requires that a new school is in a state that borders a B1G member so I'd go with UVA and UNC to make it 16.

Depends how much teeth the GoR actually has, what if it requires a vote of 3/4's of teams to be enforced, or if half the league votes to dissolve the league, there are smaller voting blocks now withnonly 10 teams.

Are there actually any details/terms/fine print of this GoR? I keep on hearing all these thoughts/rumors about exit clauses/penalities this/that and the other, but no one can ever come up with the rules of it

I'm thinking left overs at the ACC merge with or take the leftovers from the Big East after and the Sec picks off 2 more before that to get both to 16.

That leaves a 16 team B10 & SEC. A Frankenstein of the ACC/BE at 16, a so so B12, and a 12 team Pac12.

And that PAC 12 at 12 teams, or 16, still has the biggest geographic foot print with possibility the 2nd largest population area. Which means they would be "in" the playoff that would come and the ACC or B12 would be out.

What does geographic footprint have anything to do with it? There isn't too much going on besides Colorado and the Coast.

What does geographic footprint have anything to do with it? There isn't too much going on besides Colorado and the Coast.

What I'm saying is at either 12 or 16 the PAC will never be left out when the dust finally settles. These expansions are driving at 4 super conferences then a playoff. We don't have to expand. But we probably will.

The Big 12 will not be left in the cold, they have partnered themselves with the $EC (bowl games and some scheduling). Similar to how we are partnered with the Big 10 (14?).

I would rather be stuck taking UNM and UNLV than letting those conference-wrecking ****s from Texass in.

I would rather be stuck taking UNM and UNLV than letting those conference-wrecking ****s from Texass in.

UNLV's getting facilities. Who knows?

With UNM, that's a growing state that could get a huge boon if the Virgin spacepad thing is successful.

Right now, those would be basketball expansions and I'm not sure that is the best way to go.

Adding UNM and UNLV would put CU and UU in the North.

No likee.

I was thinking about that. I guess it depends on who else is in. If for some reason they were added prior to anyone else, and it became a 14 team conference, you might see something like UNLV in the north or some such like the SEC did to Missouri.

Back