What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Matches thread- Volleyball hosts Xavier Friday evening, in Fort Collins Sat. vs. Albany and #22 CSU

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Preview article-

Direct link - http://www.cubuffs.com/news/2017/9/13/volleyball-enters-final-weekend-of-non-conference-play.aspx

From the article-
"
Buffs Will Host Xavier On Friday And Will Face Albany and Colorado State In Fort Collins on Saturday

BOULDER— Colorado (7-1) will wrap up the non-conference slate this weekend with a trio of matches.

The Buffs will start off the weekend with at contest against Xavier at Coors Events Center on Friday, Sept. 15. First serve is set for 7 p.m. Then on Saturday, Sept. 16, CU will head north to Fort Collins, Colo., for a pair of contests at Moby Arena. CU will square off with Albany at 11 a.m. before taking on No. 22 Colorado State at 7 p.m.

HOW TO FOLLOW: Live stats will be available for all three matches; links are on CUBuffs.com. Live streams will also be available for the match against Xavier, as well as Colorado State. Again those links are on CUBuffs.com.

WHAT'S NEXT: Colorado opens up Pac-12 Conference action on Sept. 22 at Utah in Salt Lake City. The Buffs will host fourth-ranked Stanford in the conference home opener on Sept. 24 at Coors Events Center.

MATCH PROMOTIONS VS. XAVIER:
  • Fans are encouraged to wear black to support the team, which will be sporting its black jerseys.
  • The first 250 fans will receive a free black foam finger.
  • Head coach Jesse Mahoney will host a pre-match 'Chalk Talk', in the Coors Club Room approximately 35 minutes prior to the start of the match. This is open to the public.
  • The team will sign autographs following the match on the concourse behind sections 3 and 4.
"

Hosting Xavier starting at 7:00 PM MT Friday-
Free Live Stream - http://pac-12.com/live/cubuffs
Live Stats - http://www.sidearmstats.com/cu/wvball/
(Note- sidearmstats doesn't work for me using Chrome browser (on Windows 10 laptop), but has no issues in MS Internet Explorer or Firefox.)

In Fort Collins playing Albany starting at 11:00 AM MT Saturday-
Live Video -
None
Live Stats - http://www.sidearmstats.com/cu/wvball/
(Note- sidearmstats doesn't work for me using Chrome browser (on Windows 10 laptop), but has no issues in MS Internet Explorer or Firefox.)

In Fort Collins playing Albany starting at 11:00 AM MT Saturday-
Free Live Stream - http://csurams.com/sports/2017/7/28/mountain-west-network.aspx?master=watch
Live Stats - http://www.sidearmstats.com/colstate/wvball/
(Note- sidearmstats doesn't work for me in Chrome browser (on Windows 10 laptop), but has no issues in Edge or Firefox.)

Best wishes to the Buffs this weekend!

Hope some Buff fans in the area can make it to any or all of the matches (although I assume the Albany match in Ft. Collins, which overlaps the football game, might be sparsely attended). Especially if you haven't been, the environment is very good for volleyball at Moby, so recommend folks give it a try.

For those interested in attending Saturday evening's match, looks like CSU (from the below tweets) is working hard on getting a big crowd out to Moby, so you may want to buy tickets sooner rather than later if you want to get better seats from which to support the Buffs!

(EDIT- attendance hasn't been great at the Keg so far this season (average of 798 per match over the 1st 3 home matches to date this season), so of course assume the team would also greatly appreciate it if folks make it out to the home match Friday evening.)

Last edited:
I've been using Chrome for live stats on Windows 10 computer and except when the opponent screwed up, they were fine.

I'm all for encouraging people to support the Buffs. They work hard to show us their skills. Tickets don't cost that much. I have season tickets and live out of state. I do plan on being at Senior Night.

And Buffs in trouble in the 3rd, giving up the last 3 points to go down 14-17. TO CU.

Buffs finish strong after being behind much of the 4th, and get the win with a 25-18 score in the set. Way to go Buffs!

Must say, nothing particular jumps out about Xavier's record to date (they're only 4-7), but from the "eyeball test" they looked pretty darned good, especially defensively. They dug MANY Buff bombs, and also ended up with a 12-8 advantage in blocks.

Our setter had over 50 assists and Shebby played very well tonight.

I also thought this would be an easy match for the Buffs to win looking at their record. They never gave up and impressed me.

Looks like the Buffs are using their depth, especially at the leftside and rightside hitting positions, to start this match against (winless) Albany.

And the Buffs complete the sweep with a 25-19 win in the 3rd set! Congrats to the team.

(Great they were able to give their main outside hitters (Smith, Sheddy and, except for a play or two, Hayes) a break so they will be as fresh as possible this evening, while also giving the (very talented) depth some match-time so they're as good and coordinated with Ms. Deluzio as possible when they are called upon.)

Last edited:
Alexa Smith didn't play this morning. Joslyn Hayes did not see a lot of action. Hope Jesse was resting them for tonight's big match.

It will be touch as this team doesn't seem to have a killer instinct. Go Buffs!

Leading up to the CU-CSU match (now less than an hour and a half away), link to Albany post-match article -

Note (Edit)- I experimented earlier today, and wasn't able to get the CSU - Xavier match stream to work, and others on the Volleytalk forum are reporting they had issues (both with CSU and other Mountain West Network matches). Hopefully those of us not at Moby will still get to watch the match!?!

Alexa Smith didn't play this morning. Joslyn Hayes did not see a lot of action. Hope Jesse was resting them for tonight's big match.

It will be touch as this team doesn't seem to have a killer instinct. Go Buffs!
Alexa and Frankie both sat out. Joslyn was only in for two points I believe. Basically it looked like Coach was resting the starting pin hitters so they would be fresher for tonight. Stephanie and Justine played well enough to get a good win over an outclassed Albany team. I do expect Albany to do fairly well in their conference though. They scheduled themselves a very challenging non-conference schedule.

Back