What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Matt McChesney interview

Shldr2Shldr

Club Member
Club Member
http://www.ralphiereport.com/colora...fs-football-an-interview-with-matt-mcchesney#

Good interview, with some good quotes. I really like how candid Matt is. You can tell he bleeds black and gold and would give anything to see this team successful again.

Most telling quote to me,
And then Chris Hill, who's a longsnapper, a walk-on from Mount Vista. Now, Hill's a walk-on and people probably won't pay him a lot of mind but he's a physical freak, he busts his ass, he's one of the hardest working guys I've had in here in my time and I've had a lot of good ones...He said that he was running with the tight end group and they had like 10 or 12 hundreds that they had to do that day for conditioning...He said that on the second or third rep they got back to the line and a bunch of the veteran tight ends, guys that play now, I don't need to say any names, walked up to him and said "hey you just got here. Why don't you slow down you're making us look bad."

That is the mentality that coach has been battling, and I think he is finally fixing it. Idk about any of you, but to me as a Vet, that valued my position, would never let a new comer show me up.

His comments about throwing fists in the locker room are sort of funny considering the recent news out of cal. Liked the overall interview though.

His comments about throwing fists in the locker room are sort of funny considering the recent news out of cal. Liked the overall interview though.

I agree we do not want fights in the locker room, but I am ok with flare ups on the practice field. You want the guys to get tired of being beaten up. You want them to get tired of losing, and if that results in some dust-ups so be it. It is however unacceptable to injure a teammate when those situations arise.

Absolutely. Getting into a shoving match on the practice field is a completely different beast. Even getting in a dudes face in the locker room would be different. Going to blows in the locker room seems a little extreme however.

Dont want to thread jack this based on a couple of sentences. It was the great interview I just thought the timing was funny on that comment.

"He said that he was running with the tight end group and they had like 10 or 12 hundreds that they had to do that day for conditioning...He said that on the second or third rep they got back to the line and a bunch of the veteran tight ends, guys that play now, I don't need to say any names, walked up to him and said "hey you just got here. Why don't you slow down you're making us look bad."

This quote really caught my attention the first time I read it a few days ago. And we wonder why the TEs aren't any good?

damn, matt seems like a badass. I liked the comment about sefo wearing that C for the next decade. Our players need to have the mentality that they are a buff for life like mcchesney. Lots of pride from that guy.

Love Matt and his devotion to the program. Now he needs to start convincing those local kids that enter his program to consider CU. He has some truly gifted athletes coming to see him.

I have no problem with fists being thrown in the locker room if someone refuses to step up. Push him forward or push him out.

Just thought I´d bump this thread b/c it seems where are hearing about McChesney´s work and his clients more regularly.

From everything I am hearing and reading, he does a great job with young athletes (not just fb). His love for CU and apparent growing brand as a leader in training for top tier HS athletes may already be paying some dividends.

The guys at Rivals have had good things to see about his training programs and I have read others recently who checked him out and some of the top in-state guys and everything has been quite positive. 6 Zero could turn into a bit of a training ground for future Buffs. I know he also works with plenty of kids who go out of state too, but stil.

Just thought I´d bump this thread b/c it seems where are hearing about McChesney´s work and his clients more regularly.

From everything I am hearing and reading, he does a great job with young athletes (not just fb). His love for CU and apparent growing brand as a leader in training for top tier HS athletes may already be paying some dividends.

The guys at Rivals have had good things to see about his training programs and I have read others recently who checked him out and some of the top in-state guys and everything has been quite positive. 6 Zero could turn into a bit of a training ground for future Buffs. I know he also works with plenty of kids who go out of state too, but stil.

It's making a difference in player development in the state. These types of facilities are fairly common in other states, but he's leading the way here. Something that was desperately needed. Hopefully his success will increase the size of his operation and lead to others quality people getting into this type of business. Next, it would be great to see a Colorado Springs gym open.

A northern facility as well. There's really nothing I'm aware of serving the North Denver / Boulder corridor.

Cool interview! Anytime I've heard Matt speak, (mostly on radio) he always seems to be very candid and speaks what is on his mind.

Matt was at the front of the line beating his chest during the Embry experiment when it wasn't the most popular the thing to do, especially among his former player peers. That in itself showed me just how much he loves CU and is willing to be the "other voice" It takes balls to call out Mac, Big Al, and Klatt and say your wrong and this needs to end sooner rather then later.
Matt was a damn fine player, but he has turned out to be an even better man.

Matt was at the front of the line beating his chest during the Embry experiment when it wasn't the most popular the thing to do, especially among his former player peers. That in itself showed me just how much he loves CU and is willing to be the "other voice" It takes balls to call out Mac, Big Al, and Klatt and say your wrong and this needs to end sooner rather then later.
Matt was a damn fine player, but he has turned out to be an even better man.

Wonder what would have happened if Bohn hadn't buckled to the Buffs Forever crew and gone with the much better choice of Cabral?

Cabral: A Buff, respected college coach, experience as a HC, "diversity" (FWTW), familiarity with "players", on the team and in the system.....would he have represented at least an an attempt to stop the hole-digging that DH started?

A northern facility as well. There's really nothing I'm aware of serving the North Denver / Boulder corridor.

There is some kind of place off 36 around Broomfield. I know of an NFL guy training there this past offseason but not sure if it is high school oriented as well.

Wonder what would have happened if Bohn hadn't buckled to the Buffs Forever crew and gone with the much better choice of Cabral?

Cabral: A Buff, respected college coach, experience as a HC, "diversity" (FWTW), familiarity with "players", on the team and in the system.....would he have represented at least an an attempt to stop the hole-digging that DH started?
"much better"?

Cabral would not have fared much better.

Love Cabral but fear you are right.

With Dr. Phil leading? the way and the absolute lack of commitment from the administration along with the gross lack of talent on the roster Cabral would have had ahard go of it.

Nik had a great comment in another thread, maybe we had to hit rock bottom to wake up those in power.

Back