What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Matt McChesney throws the hammer down - MUST LISTEN

"We had 8 seniors in 2004, we got one win for every senior."

Eight wins that year. Zero excuses

I don't hear Embree making excuses. Say what you want about the coaching staff (I think the putrid results speak for themselves), but they're not making excuses.

The hell it isn't. That is EXACTLY fair.

If younger players are better they should be playing. Period. If Rippy or Major or any other senior is the best player on the team at their position they should play. Simple as that. No need to call out the seniors. I understand that the lack of leadership is hurting the team badly, I'm just saying it's not fair to bench players simply because they're seniors.

I agree with a lot of Matt's points. But I don't question the heart of all the seniors. Some guys are grunts, they play their hearts out but aren't cut out to be leaders. Perciak, in my opinion, puts it out there. It takes a special guy to be a leader and it so happens that none of these seniors are real leaders. They can stand up and say their mind, but like Orms said, we 'want to follow Webb'. As hated as he is, the Tebow speech about no one working harder...blah blah blah was motivating. That is a part of the problem. The seniors are Hawk leftovers and I don't think he recruited leadership and none of them know how to win.

OUTSTANDING JOB MATT. They can't handle the truth. This guy busted his ass for CU. If embree is going to play the " I believe in my coaches to a fault" card like hawkins, then he can go too. Get rid of marshall and brown and for that matter, brookhart.

Love hearing former buffs step up and let it be known this crap can't continue.

The Embree & Co hires had to bring out controversies and was always going to lead to some serious splits among alums. Matt's just the tip of the iceberg.

Heard the original broadcast at around 7 AM. Matt did go a little over the top but what he said won't hurt, and sometimes the truth hurts more than anything. If MB was listening, I'm sure he got his earful too.

If younger players are better they should be playing. Period. If Rippy or Major or any other senior is the best player on the team at their position they should play. Simple as that. No need to call out the seniors. I understand that the lack of leadership is hurting the team badly, I'm just saying it's not fair to bench players simply because they're seniors.

And if they have no heart, then they've already displayed that they aren't the best and have no desire to be the best. And because of that, from everything we've seen, the entire senior class has showed no heart, and it's ENTIRELY fair to bench the entire senior class.

Matt knows how to react to ****, his IPhone got knocked in the water over memorial day and Tufts rented scuba gear in a failed recovery effort.

That took a month to recover from but he is right on IMHO.

Cut bait and reload

Thanks for posting that pix of the Really Bad Formation, on Fresno's TD #1. Eight Buffs are lined up to the left (lower, in this pix) of the Fresno Center. Two are directly in front of him - 3 yards back, at the goal line, and only one DB is standing to the right (to the top) of the Fresno Center.

It is such a ludicrous defensive formation. Eight guys on one side, two near the middle, and one covering the entire Fresno right-side of their line. And no defender sees this as wrong? I feel sorry for that lonely DB, standing upright. If he realizes the tsunami's coming, sheesh... "Oh, well, it's only one TD..." Yeah. If he'd know 62 more points would be raining down-!

Havent you ever seen a defense designed to block a roll out punt?

Do I have to pay to load that audio onto my iPod?
You people are so ****ing stupid! Jeez! I give up! :lol:

Don't you guys remember Matt being sued by Apple for, like, $70,000 for illegally downloading songs while in college?

Last edited:
rippy, polk and henderson... our three best players out... sac st and csu may be different with those three all together in. i know rip was in, but henderson and especially ray are big losses

Havent you ever seen a defense designed to block a roll out punt?

SPIT_LAUGH!!! Clean the screen, clean the keyboard! Hey, FB, ya might give a big warning when you're going to make the best joke around! GREAT ONE.

And, yes, I suppose I have seen a formation to block a roll-out punt, yes. And if I remember, the punter took one step that way, reversed field and ran about 80 yards before being caught inside the 5.

Heck yeah, practically the same thing!!

GREAT ONE.

I applaud McChesney for having the guts to say what many of us think. He will most likely be an outcast to some degree now for it, and he did it anyway. Face it in todays Twiiter, Facebook, overall mass media world you have one chance to right a program. If you dont show instant improvement the kids stop listening, and your message goes unheard. Sadly Coach Embree's chance has come and gone, I fully expect 2013 commits to look else where and decommit soon. That brings us to the fork in the road, stay the course, or abandon ship. It pains me to say this but at 0-12 or 1-11 if JE doesnt resign, he will have to be fired.

Has klatt or big al said anything?. i have not seen anything from them, they pushed hard for a cu guy. Maybe the buffs 4 life should have shut up and donated more funds instead telling bohn how to do his job. i dont know just a pissed off fan its hard to take anymore.

Bohn may actually be quite happy with Embree's situation. If Bohn survives and Embree's dumped, he'll have a mighty big pulpit to bound his chest on and insist it's his choice next.

Has klatt or big al said anything?. i have not seen anything from them, they pushed hard for a cu guy. Maybe the buffs 4 life should have shut up and donated more funds instead telling bohn how to do his job. i dont know just a pissed off fan its hard to take anymore.

Klatt said he can't say anything because he is a commentator for the CU - WSU game this weekend. So apparently in his world you can't talk about the past. In my world that means you are a ****ing coward. He is hoping we somehow win the game, or have a respectable showing so he doesn't have to address the issue.

Klatt said he can't say anything because he is a commentator for the CU - WSU game this weekend. So apparently in his world you can't talk about the past. In my world that means you are a ****ing coward. He is hoping we somehow win the game, or have a respectable showing so he doesn't have to address the issue.

Seriously?? Klatt was leading the anti-Hawkins charge (and was at least right to do so), and was a TV commentator at that time. Anybody know the definition of hypocrisy?

Is there anything Klatt could say that McChesney, and the Buffs on the field, haven't been saying for weeks now?

Seriously?? Klatt was leading the anti-Hawkins charge (and was at least right to do so), and was a TV commentator at that time. Anybody know the definition of hypocrisy?

Klatt basically said since he was working the game this weekend he didn't want to say anything during the week about the Buffs that might have an impact on the TV broadcast. His stance was since the game was the same week he needed to remain impartial, and the only way he could do that was simply not talk about CU.

Embree reacts

When asked about McChesney's comments after practice, Embree said he was not aware of them and hadn't heard from the former Buff.

"It would be nice if he would call and tell me that," Embree said. "That's disappointing that he can't tell me. He has my numbers. That's just interesting that he couldn't do that. I guess that's who he is."

Embree: I understand why people are upset. that's fine, but it doesn't change how I have to go about my business and prepare every week

I can understand Embree playing it this way, but I KNOW that department has news-sweepers all over and head coaches hear EVERYTHING. If his news-sweepers didn't tell him AND he was confronted in this out-of-the-blue moment, he'd be rightfully furious with them.

But it's a great play to make. In fact, one of his best-called plays of late. But HCs hear everything - arrest reports, dates-gone-wrong, bouncer activity, who's driving who's car, etc.

A great play. I hope he's THIS imaginative on the field, sometime this season.

Nothing earth shattering,just thought I'd post Sean Embrees response from twitter to Matt McC

I'm just gonna say that machesney has no idea about being a coach! And for him to run his mouth about the CU coaching staff is ignorant!

Expand

Sean Embree ‏@embo85
Maybe Matt should just stick to radio and stay away from Buffs For Life, cuz in my eyes, he isn't one. Or educate yourself on the process

Expand

Sean Embree ‏@embo85
Of rebuilding a program from the ground up!

Collapse

Back