What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Matt Russell

It's hard to imagine Matt working under PDS. Jmho.

Ceal deserves a fair shot. She's a great Buff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take back the Russell suggestion on further review. I was just trying to think outside the box a bit. But if the admin were to make a change, AD is where it should be. Pick a strong person, give them complete control and let them make decisions. No more of this committee crap.

The next AD needs to be Tony Robbins, maybe he can sell the idea we need to be competitive, get enough cash flowing to make the freakin facilities upgrades done.....

I don't think Bohn's the problem. But that's just me.

I think Bohn's a problem, but he's the least of our problems. If we had an acceptable President and Chancellor along with an acceptable football coach, I'd direct my anger at Bohn. I want a dynamic leader and visionary in the position. That's not Bohn.

But Bohn is well-trained in the role of AD, cares very deeply about what he's doing, is very responsive to his coaches, and is always working hard to improve things. He's a good soldier. With the right coach in place, you can win with an AD like Bohn. With a supportive administration, you can get a ton of support infrastructure done with an AD like Bohn.

Right now, anger directed at Bohn is a sign of fan desperation. It's that glimmer of hope that if we had a "take no prisoners" type (i.e., a Bill Parcells personality) that our AD would force the issue and get all the things we need despite the administration. In reality, the people at the top determine what's possible. To use a pro sports analogy, if you've got an owner like Donald Sterling of the Clippers who doesn't care about winning and just wants to milk it for as much profit as possible by taking advantage of all the investment other owners in the league make to improve the product & tv revenue... it doesn't really matter what the GM hired to manage the Clippers wants to do or what type of personality he has.

The Buffs are the Clippers of the Pac-12. Bruce and Phil are our Sterling.

I think Bohn's a problem, but he's the least of our problems. If we had an acceptable President and Chancellor along with an acceptable football coach, I'd direct my anger at Bohn. I want a dynamic leader and visionary in the position. That's not Bohn.

But Bohn is well-trained in the role of AD, cares very deeply about what he's doing, is very responsive to his coaches, and is always working hard to improve things. He's a good soldier. With the right coach in place, you can win with an AD like Bohn. With a supportive administration, you can get a ton of support infrastructure done with an AD like Bohn.

Right now, anger directed at Bohn is a sign of fan desperation. It's that glimmer of hope that if we had a "take no prisoners" type (i.e., a Bill Parcells personality) that our AD would force the issue and get all the things we need despite the administration. In reality, the people at the top determine what's possible. To use a pro sports analogy, if you've got an owner like Donald Sterling of the Clippers who doesn't care about winning and just wants to milk it for as much profit as possible by taking advantage of all the investment other owners in the league make to improve the product & tv revenue... it doesn't really matter what the GM hired to manage the Clippers wants to do or what type of personality he has.

To be clear, I'm not advocating firing him. But if the admin wanted to separate themselves from this the way they could do it would be to replace them then put all this on a new AD. Won't happen. Just kind of hypothetical.

No truer words have been spoken, at least recently.

Russell is a very smart guy and by all reports a driven worker who excells at whatever he takes on.

That said we need somebody who knows what it takes to win in major college football and who is willing to do what it takes to get there. We can't afford another learning on the job experiment. That person also needs to have the authority to make the decisions that need to be made without having to push and shove the people above him into approving those actions.

If the person driving the program and with the knowledge of how to do was the head coach then I could see Bohn being an effective AD as well. I think he is bright, willing to work, and wants to do the right thing. He just hasn't had the freedom or the situation in which to do it.

Until Benson and Phil are either gone or muzzled by the regents I don't have a lot of hope of any of this happening.

Last edited:
Same ****, but just a different thread title..... nothing is going to change from the AD to the coaching staff.

Back