What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Matt Wells - Offensive Analyst Oklahoma

It really tells you a lot when these media guys think this is what Colorado is looking for, based on where RG said he wants to take the program.
I also think it's funny that whenever they bring up Wells they always seem to bring up the location of Utah State as if it's in our back yard. Eastern US people have no concept of western geography.

Logan, UT is an 8 hour drive from Boulder, CO (over 500 miles). That's only about a half hour closer than Lubbock, TX, a place those same writers wouldn't describe as in our back yard. You know, because the Dallas Cowboys play in the NFC East with NY, DC and Philly so the perception is that Texas is a lot farther from the Denver metro than Utah.

I also think it's funny that whenever they bring up Wells they always seem to bring up the location of Utah State as if it's in our back yard. Eastern US people have no concept of western geography.

Logan, UT is an 8 hour drive from Boulder, CO (over 500 miles). That's only about a half hour closer than Lubbock, TX, a place those same writers wouldn't describe as in our back yard. You know, because the Dallas Cowboys play in the NFC East with NY, DC and Philly so the perception is that Texas is a lot farther from the Denver metro than Utah.

That was the entire reasoning Rittenburg used today.

Paris to Prague or Munich to Rome are similar drives. Myopic coast dwellers crack me up. Many writers out there seem to be pulling ideas from their nether regions - or from those of their colleagues. Gotta put something out.

Paris to Prague or Munich to Rome are similar drives. Myopic coast dwellers crack me up. Many writers out there seem to be pulling ideas from their nether regions - or from those of their colleagues. Gotta put something out.
It's bizarre when you look at the perceptions people have. Like how that Mississippi State fan thought Starkville is a close enough drive to enjoy the beach but Las Vegas is in the middle of nowhere.

It's bizarre when you look at the perceptions people have. Like how that Mississippi State fan thought Starkville is a close enough drive to enjoy the beach but Las Vegas is in the middle of nowhere.
Well I guess I was ignorant of Mississippi geography. Had no idea how far it was from Starkville to Biloxi, turns out it is 259 miles, which is only 20 miles shorter than Las Vegas to Long Beach, which I knew was ~4 hour drive.

Would be fine with a Wells hire. He’s a really good coach and you can see what he’s done with that level of talent. He’s a good recruiter, too.

Bump

I still like Wells. Thought he was building something at TTU and it just didn't fit for whatever reason.

I believe he'd do a good job at CU.

Back