What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB - Change & Commitment for 2023-24

You don’t think that two of the best passers and court vision / basketball IQ guys in the damn world could find a way to work together?
Only because Jokic is not a ball-hog. Like, if it's Doncic, it would be a disaster.

And Lebron doesn't care about the defense anymore.

Hypothetically Lebron joining the Nuggets with Jokic next year would make them the title favorites by a wide margin.
I am not a LBJ hater, but LBJ joining Nuggest next year would likely make them the title contender with worst defense :ROFLMAO:

Would be amusing if Malone was retained, regardless of this year's playoff results, to help land LBJ. He was a Cavs assistant for four years during LBJ's first run there. Have no idea if there's a strong tie there.

LBJ the GM would certainly have some draft capital/roster assets to squander after the Kroenkes offload Jamal and MPJ's max contracts.

Hopefully Da Silva will get a mean on and get stronger, he has some ability. Hell, get the most out of it.

Right now, I think the projected starters are:

Lampkin
Da Silva
O'Brien
Williams
Simpson

Hadley could win the job over LOB. Or the next signing could take that spot.

I strongly believe we need a CG or Wing shooter.
The personality of that group is what is going to make a difference. Three very good scoring threats and 2 workhorse guys. Then you have Hadley (workhorse) and Ruffin (let's say, scorer) off the bench. Gives off a much different vibe than this year.

Wildcards = Hammond, Hurlburt and Diop.

You're spot on with the final piece needing to be a CG/Wing. I also wouldn't mind if we had one more player move on and we added a PG as well. Just sayin'.

The personality of that group is what is going to make a difference. Three very good scoring threats and 2 workhorse guys. Then you have Hadley (workhorse) and Ruffin (let's say, scorer) off the bench. Gives off a much different vibe than this year.

You're spot on with the final piece needing to be a CG/Wing. I also wouldn't mind if we had one more player move on and we added a PG as well. Just sayin'.
Hopefully Courtney Anderson comes in and improves the guard position. I'm excited about this kid, borderline 4 star who is a bulldog defender and drives to the hoop.

I've thought the Buffs have needed more "tough guys", almost every year. Next year Luke, Hadley and Ruffin will bring some of that and, if the picture with the article is a hint, Lamkin looks like he's willing to throw his weight around. Hurlbert, Williams, Diop will take time to get into the swing.

Right now, I think the projected starters are:

Lampkin
Da Silva
O'Brien
Williams
Simpson

Hadley could win the job over LOB. Or the next signing could take that spot.

I strongly believe we need a CG or Wing shooter.
We need a lights-out shooter and leadership. Hope we have the latter already on the squad but time will tell.

Just saw this. Very cool. That said, I would give it much more credence if it wasn't ESPN. Hammond ain't starting next year BTW.

agreed, good publicity but whichever robot at ESPN put this blurb together doesn't know the program

I'm hoping Tad's cryptic comments about being slow and deliberate with the last spot doesn't mean that we're out of the running for Knecht. either way, excited to see us lean on some young talent more next year. like JMBuff, also buying stock in Courtney Anderson to become another CU combo guard who develops way past his recruit ranking

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Related to 24/25 so not next season, but cool opportunity coming up for the team.

Direct link - https://cubuffs.com/news/2023/4/4/m...-play-in-2024-maui-jim-maui-invitational.aspx

"
BOULDER – The University of Colorado is set to participate in the 2024 Maui Jim Maui Invitational. The 41st edition of the prestigious tournament will be played Nov. 25-27, 2024 at the historic Lahaina Civic Center in Maui, Hawai'i.

Colorado will join Auburn, Dayton, Iowa State, Memphis, Michigan State, North Carolina and 2023 NCAA champion UConn in its second trip to the Maui Jim Maui Invitational. The Buffaloes played in the 2009 event with a 1-2 record. Colorado had narrow losses to Gonzaga (76-72) and Arizona (91-87, in overtime) before a 73-58 win over Chaminade.

Colorado's last games against North Carolina (1997), Michigan State (2003) and UConn (2016) all came in the NCAA Tournament. Memphis is the only team in the field the Buffaloes have never faced.

Teams that have participated in the Maui Jim Maui Invitational throughout the event's history own 72 of the 83 NCAA Championships, and seven of those schools have gone on to win the National Championship after competing in Maui earlier in the season.

"There is simply no other early-season college basketball tournament that rivals the spirit, talent and overall 'magic' of the Maui Jim Maui Invitational," said Tournament Chairman, Dave Odom. "The 2024 field is not only going to bring top tier programs representing eight of the most dominant conferences in the sport, but also fans from all corners of the country. Whether it's your first time on-island, or you've made packing into the historic Lahaina Civic Center an annual tradition, this Tournament experience is on every college basketball fan's bucket list - and this loaded 2024 field is going to make it hard to resist."

"The goal of the Maui Jim Maui Invitational is and always has been to bring together the top programs in college basketball in one of the most stunning places in the country. The 2024 field will accomplish that and more," said Tom Valdiserri, executive vice president of KemperLesnik, the operator of the Maui Jim Maui Invitational. "The field includes a variety of iconic programs and coaches, as well as respected up-and-comers. We are confident when we say that the Maui Jim Maui Invitational does not disappoint, and we think fans back home and on-island will be in for an epic few days of college basketball with this stacked field."

All-Tournament travel packages and school Booster travel packages for the 2024 Maui Jim Maui Invitational will be available at a later date. For more information on the Tournament, please visit mauiinvitational.com.
"

Daily camera interview with Tad mentions some guys like Courtney, but again, fails to mention Hurlburt.
My hopes that he would be a strong addition are fading fast.

Daily camera interview with Tad mentions some guys like Courtney, but again, fails to mention Hurlburt.
My hopes that he would be a strong addition are fading fast.
The article focused mostly on whether or not Tad will bring in a transfer guard and his statement about how LOB, Cody Williams and TDS can all play the 2-4 spots and thus he's concerned about depth and talent in the backcourt. This is most likely why Hurlbrurt wasn't mentioned or brought up by Tad or Rooney.

Tad Boyle opting for patience with open slot for CU Buffs men’s basketball

Back