Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Shldr2Shldr, Mar 29, 2016.
Tad was apparently quite frustrated by teams and coaches playing in the final four this year that have had some run ins with the NCAA rules committee.
Thanks. Anyways, it's like tad reads allbuffs with that talk of small ball
Or, it's just reality
I'm glad tad lives in it, unlike many of his detractors
10 take aways:
1) Tad will be letting the players do their own thing this summer. Expecting them to be responsible though.
2) XJ will be back and is exciting to be back
3) White is legit and Tad is not good at hiding his excitement
4) Tad is concerned with the leadership void that Josh is going to leave
5) Tad is mad the NCAA let two coaches that have had some serious run ins with the rules committee play in the tournament this year.
6) Tad wishes he had redshirted Dom.
7) Attrition is up to the player, he will never force someone out. However he is sitting down and having serious 1 on 1 conversations with everyone this week.
8) Tad is excited for White to be on the floor
9) Tory Miller and GK are examples of how good his staff is at developing players and he is excited for their growth next year
10) Recruiting is hard. Also he only has 1 spot currently (Filled by Dallas, but he can't say that until signing day) Will try to add another big should another scholarship become available, however Tad goes for best player available not reaching to fill a certain hole.
This seems to be the biggest news. It would have to mean someone is already in the process of transferring or is it just DW?
No. That is the spot being filled by Dallas Walton. Tad just can't say that as Dallas has not signed his LOI yet.
There's irrational detractors & supporters. That's sports. There's very few who provide constructive criticism & Tad shouldn't be placed above that.
I read this as "there will be at least one player (Kenan?) that will come to the realization that it will be in his best interest to leave the program very soon."
Reading between the lines, it did sound like there is 1 player at least that will be advised for his own benefit he should pursue playing opportunities elsewhere. Guess we will see if any players agree.
Would it surprise anyone if Dallas Walton goes prep route and Guz leaves? Tad hinted at "if two scholarships" open up.
I think you could see one of those happening, not sure I can see both. That would leave absolutely zero depth behind Wes Tory and XJ should something bad happen.
Well he said if one scholarship opened up he would bring in a big and if two opened up he would go after the best player available with the second one right?
And I wouldn't call Walton or Guz "depth" for next year.
Unless you look at the roster and say that we'd be better off playing small ball & fronting the post than trying to push Guz or Dallas onto the court.
In a disaster scenario, having no warm bodies over 6'7 scares me.
Except that if Tad did sign a quality big he would likely provide more immediate quality depth than either Guz or Walton.
I don't know. We've seen teams like Marquette, Villanova and West Virginia make the Dance and advance with rosters like that. Not ideal, but there are adjustments that can be made. Heck, CU had some very good seasons when Dre was forced to guard the 5 at times.
Exactly. This team is way too deep to be talking about disaster scenarios. The only 1 would be if Wes & Tory both go down. Even then, Guz has no business in the PAC-12. That mistake is on the staff. I'm handicapping a 65% chance Guz transfers.
This team should absolutely be trying to mimic Nova. We don't have a PG like Arcidiacano or Brunson but it's still very similar personnel. They've won more games (95) than any school in the last 3 years & they've done it by maximizing their strengths.
If Wes goes out/gets in foul trouble I'd be really concerned with our interior/help defense since our guards haven't been able to stay in front of anyone. Tory has improved some but isn't there yet. Would that force Tad to a zone (the horror)?
Dre was exceptional as a defender and rebounder , though.
Separate names with a comma.