What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB Game Thread: Buffs vs. The Two Yutes

Scotch

Club Member
Junta Member
Buffs vs The Utes

Tip: 9pm(two teams from the mountain time zone and this is what we get? WTF?!?! Suck on it ESPN!)

TV: ESPNU

Radio: 760am

Preview:

http://www.cubuffs.com/news/2017/2/...ending-losing-streak-to-utes.aspx?path=mbball

Its pretty likely the Buffs will need to win the Pac-12 tourney to get to the Dance this year, so unless we're talking about Utah tonight's game doesn't have much bearing on Bracketology. However an NIT bid is still very much a possibility. Win out at home and get a win or two in Vegas and they should be in. Another talking point is Utah has won 6 straight in this series which hopefully comes to an end tonight. Also, I'd like to say it again: Whoever decided on the 9pm game time can suck on it.

Last edited:
Buffs vs The Utes

Tip: 9pm(two teams from the mountain time zone and this is what we get? WTF?!?! Suck on it ESPN!)
Well, it was important to have:
  • UCLA vs ASU at 7pm MT on ESPN2
  • USC vs UA at 8pm MT on Pac 12

Win. Then win. Then win.

Got to move onto the bubble before we can worry too much about the bubble (unless you're as obsessive as I am and are watching every little thing right now :ROFLMAO:.)

Can't wait for this one tonight.

Win. Then win. Then win.

Got to move onto the bubble before we can worry too much about the bubble (unless you're as obsessive as I am and are watching every little thing right now :ROFLMAO:.)

Can't wait for this one tonight.

It would be great to see White put the team on his back and just will them to victory after victory. Even with only 1 season he will be an all time favorite Buff.

Wes, Tory, XJ and Siewert need to control Kuzma and Collette. Keep them off the boards as much as possible and out of the lane for shot attempts. Make Utah try to win from the outside and CU must hit open shots. If CU can show the same intensity on defense that they've shown the past 3 home games, they'll win this one.

Wes, Tory, XJ and Siewert need to control Kuzma and Collette. Keep them off the boards as much as possible and out of the lane for shot attempts. Make Utah try to win from the outside and CU must hit open shots. If CU can show the same intensity on defense that they've shown the past 3 home games, they'll win this one.

One of the big keys with Utah is to keep them from catching the ball with deep post position. Make them catch an entry pass at 10-12 feet from the basket instead of 6-8 feet and it become so much more difficult for them to score.

9PM local tip times are damn normal throughout Big 6 college hoops. That particular gripe has run its course.

Rumblin's preview (consistently the best around, IMO).

Agree with @Scotch about needing the Pac Tourney win to make the dance, but Rumblin' points out the seeding implications of this game, enabling the Buffs to finish in top half of league play.

prediction on starting lineup?

stoked. Go Buffs!

9PM local tip times are damn normal throughout Big 6 college hoops. That particular gripe has run its course.

Rumblin's preview (consistently the best around, IMO).

Agree with @Scotch about needing the Pac Tourney win to make the dance, but Rumblin' points out the seeding implications of this game, enabling the Buffs to finish in top half of league play.

prediction on starting lineup?

stoked. Go Buffs!

Are all players available? If so will all 11 play ten minutes a game?

Collier
White
King
XJ
Gordon

Use home whistle, dubious as late start likely means smaller crowd.
The key will be XJ/Gordon defensively

So, what the heck is going on with Bryce Peters? Anyone?
I don't think I even want to speculate...but I can say I hope he gets things figured out because this team needs him this year and next year he has all the ability to be a star.

I don't think I even want to speculate...but I can say I hope he gets things figured out because this team needs him this year and next year he has all the ability to be a star.
I'm not worried about this year. I'm worried about, first of all, him then second, the Buffs next year and beyond.

I'm not worried about this year. I'm worried about, first of all, him then second, the Buffs next year and beyond.
If I were a decent human being, I probably would have added something about I hope he pulls things together because you hate to see anyone waste such a wonderful opportunity and dang it we all want kids to be successful. All kidding aside you're correct on both counts.

WTF?!?! UNC Asheville - Gardner Webb a 4 point game with 50 seconds to go ... and the lights go out? And ESPNews ...

Okay ... CU game is on ESPNews now.

Amazing that they are getting open three after open three and we can't even pass it around the perimeter. This looks like how we played at the beginning of conference play. Thank God for Mr. White keeping us under 10.
Wes 0 points on 0 shots, one rebound, one turnover and two fouls. What happened to him? Ne's down in virtually every category from last year. Maybe J Scott getting double teamed all the time took all the pressure off.

Last edited:
Amazing that they are getting open three after open three and we can't even pass it around the perimeter. This looks like how we played at the beginning of conference play. Thank God for Mr. White keeping us under 10.
Wes 0 points on 0 shots, one rebound, one turnover and two fouls. What happened to him? Ne's down in virtually every category from last year. Maybe J Scott getting double teamed all the time took all the pressure off.
Senioritis

Back