What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB GAME THREAD - CU @ Stanford | Jan 26th @6pm | FS1

Off to a nice start. We’ve beat Stanford 9 times in a row apparently?

Really nice first half for the Buffs. I like how we're attacking the zone with entry to the high post - Siewart has been doing great. Bey is outstanding as well. The D needs to step up though...okay effort, but a lot of open shots on perimeter. Glad I get to finally see some game action, and we look ok.

Played great defense for about 16 minutes, not so great the last 4. Phantom fouls on Tyler Bey didn’t help that either. Really good first half, would be up a bunch if we made some open 3s. Battey is killing Stanford on the glass.

I really don’t know how to explain what’s happening in this game.

I have never seen a team who misses as many layups as this year's Colorado squad. And that includes the Colorado teams of recent years.

17-4 run before tad calls a TO.

We wonder why we don't win on the road.

9 pt lead into a 4 point deficit.

Tad's gonna retire with 50000 TOs in the bank

This complaint would make sense if there wasn’t two media timeouts in that stretch too.

Very ugly. Missed bunnies. Good defensive effort gone. Still feel like we should be up big. Weird game.

The amount of layups and dunks we are giving up is sickening. Why is this team so bad defensively?

And now the worst play allowed in college ball. Tuck the ball, run like a fullback.

Tell me a legal defense for that move?

Hmm I normally like the way Bey plays, but he has been sooooooft on offense all night. Why is he using his athleticism to shoot fade away 4-5 footers when he can simply dunk the ball if he went hard to the rim?

This second half offensive output is what you get when you have year after year of not recruiting true shooters.

This second half offensive output is what you get when you have year after year of not recruiting true shooters.

I’m going to die on this hill, but the problem is not the offense. You can’t give up 70%+ shooting defensively. And that’s where Stanford is in the second half.

17-4 run before tad calls a TO.

We wonder why we don't win on the road.

9 pt lead into a 4 point deficit.

Tad's gonna retire with 50000 TOs in the bank

And then we come back out and keep doing the same things.

This Stanford team isn't very good but we are making them look great. I'm still trying to figure out what we are trying to accomplish on offense and we don't make adjustments on defense.

This is another game that we had zero reason to lose but are going to. We should have been up by at least 15 at half and put it away in the second. Instead we are going to lose this thing.

Just frustrating.

I’m going to die on this hill, but the problem is not the offense. You can’t give up 70%+ shooting defensively. And that’s where Stanford is in the second half.

You aren't alone on that hill, we don't adjust defensively and force teams to change what they do.

A part of that 70% though is also our offense. We end up taking a lot of bad shots without guys in position to run back. We then either give up an easy hoop on the run out or end up scrambling around on defense giving up easy secondary shots by guys who are wide open or have a missmatch in their favor.

Uhggg......Cards pulled the rug out from underneath us. We need a rim protector and a knock-down shooter.

Uhggg......Cards pulled the rug out from underneath us. We need a rim protector and a knock-down shooter.
How about 5 more 6-5 players who can sort of play multiple positions and sort of play defense?

Cause that's what you're going to get

First half was decent. I don’t really care about the bad product and dying program ... I’m more interested in how our coach worth over 10 million dresses so poorly.

Back