What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB GAME THREAD - CU @ Utah | Jan 20th @4pm | ESPNU

That's a horrible crowd for UU -- Sunday?

Sunday afternoon, a lot of students went home for MLK weekend, competing against the conference championship games, UU not very good this year.

And worst of all CU a lower quality opponent than some of the mid-majors they brought in for the OOC. Not likely to be a compelling game.

I mean, what can we expect without Wright and Walton?! Tad can’t play, neither can Tomlinson. Recruit better, but that is what it is.

Bey got absolutely destroyed tonight. Tough game for him.

Didn't see the game. Did our lack of legitimate big men force him to try to contend with a true 4/5 again.

I understand Tad's idea to recruit a bunch of versatile wings who can play defense and excel in the transition game but we keep getting beat by teams that have multiple true guards and true big men.

"Our sense of urgency, our toughness — whatever you want to call it — the fact of the matter is we're not executing game plans very well," CU head coach Tad Boyle said. "Offensively, this team is really hard to figure out, how we score 19 points in the first half and 50 in the second half. We have 11 turnovers in the first half, zero in the second half. It's a really hard team to figure out. The lack of consistency makes it really difficult for me and our staff to coach. We have to figure that out."

That WOULD be frustrating. But I mean, this is the team he recruited and coached over the last couple years. Why do you have one point guard on the roster? Why a thousand wings? And it’s HIS offense, right?

"Our sense of urgency, our toughness — whatever you want to call it — the fact of the matter is we're not executing game plans very well," CU head coach Tad Boyle said. "Offensively, this team is really hard to figure out, how we score 19 points in the first half and 50 in the second half. We have 11 turnovers in the first half, zero in the second half. It's a really hard team to figure out. The lack of consistency makes it really difficult for me and our staff to coach. We have to figure that out."

That WOULD be frustrating. But I mean, this is the team he recruited and coached over the last couple years. Why do you have one point guard on the roster? Why a thousand wings? And it’s HIS offense, right?

Well, Tad, I'm going to guess with a 22-point lead at the half, Utah didn't come out with quite the same sense of urgency defensively ... maybe that's part of the reason why we scored 50 in the second half. Duh. And also, we have 2 guys(!) that can make jump shots on this team (Gatling and Siewert) ... that's baffling. And Gatling has mostly under performed and teams have figured out how to defend Siewert.

Well, Tad, I'm going to guess with a 22-point lead at the half, Utah didn't come out with quite the same sense of urgency defensively ... maybe that's part of the reason why we scored 50 in the second half. Duh. And also, we have 2 guys(!) that can make jump shots on this team (Gatling and Siewert) ... that's baffling. And Gatling has mostly under performed and teams have figured out how to defend Siewert.
That was pretty much my take on the ‘comeback’. Once in a while the team with a huge lead gets so lazy they can’t pick up the momentum again and a ‘great comeback’ results - but Utah wasn’t lazy enough.

Back