What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB Game Thread - Pac-12 Tourney: Buffs vs. the D!*k Chards

Scotch

Club Member
Junta Member
Buffs vs. the Wildcats

Tip: 7pm

TV: Pac-12 Network

Radio: 760am

Preview:

http://www.cubuffs.com/news/2017/3/...-shot-at-arizona-in-pac-12-quarterfinals.aspx

Is there anyone in the Pac-12 we enjoy beating more than the Chards?????

I didn't think so.

As the preview above says, this is our fifth time in six Pac-12 tourneys to play UofA. The Buffs won the first meeting(and it was glorious!), but have lost 3 straight since then. I'd say we're due. To have a chance the Buffs will need to put together a full game and not take the 1st half off like last night.

Flashback!

Last edited:
Play like they did in the 2nd half and they can win this game. Don't think UofA is going to have the same "home court" at the new arena like they did at MGM. Need Wes and XJ to play smart and stay on the court and King to find his 3pt stroke.

I found this to be interesting (season stat averages). We all know CU didn't buy in to playing team defense for 2/3 of the year. Buckle down and do what they have proven they are capable of and it immediately negates the only macro stat advantage that the 'Chards have over CU. This could be a really interesting game.

Capture.PNG

Our schedule felt a little unfulfilling not having them at home this year. So I'm excited we have a rematch.

Should be a good attendance bump next season having UA, ASU and UNM coming to town, I would think.

Tonight would be a good time to make a statement that Tad can out coach Sean Miller. Can he?

Still pissed about how Arizona came into Boulder and pissed all over our ESPN gameday.

Looks like we are 7.5 point dogs. I actually thought the spread would be larger.

Should be a good attendance bump next season having UA, ASU and UNM coming to town, I would think.

I didn't know we got the Lobos, that's pretty cool. Is there a return trip?

I just watched the video in the original post, our defense on that last possession was beautiful. You know what was also beautiful? Isaiah Thomas game winner over these nerds.

Hey all, greetings from China. I've been following the season, just been super busy to post much. I think we all got a little ahead of ourselves preseason (me included, I expected low 20s). I knew we were in trouble OOC with the CSU loss (despite their decent season) and the 0-7 Pac start was simply inexcusable. I know the opening few were brutal, but you just cannot fall to 0-7, especially with dog**** like ASU, UW, Wazzu. It has really, really stung. I love seeing the fight back to 19 wins and 9-10 (8-10 regular season), but it's a few points from a 21-22 win "what could have been". Derrick White has been everything I hoped for and more, but I do worry about the long term future of this program (let's save that for after the NIT). Let's give it a go against Arizona and take the NIT seriously if we don't win the conference tournament ;) The NIT is worth taking seriously, unlike that joke CBI. 20 wins is important and the competition in the revamped NIT is well done.

@BuffNative Brogdon is about as close as you can get to White. White is at 17.5 ppg, Brogdon 18.2 last season. White 4.0 rebounds, 4.3 assists. Brogdon 4.1 rebounds, 3.1 assists. White doing it in 32.5, Brogdon in 34. However, Brogdon has more strength. He was listed at 215 entering his senior season and that's no stretch. White is listed at 193. That ain't gonna fly. Also, having been over here, I haven't been able to quite see enough of DW to know whether he has the defensive ability Bennett placed in Brogdon. Brogdon can be a deceptive bruiser on both ends.

Hey all, greetings from China. I've been following the season, just been super busy to post much. I think we all got a little ahead of ourselves preseason (me included, I expected low 20s). I knew we were in trouble OOC with the CSU loss (despite their decent season) and the 0-7 Pac start was simply inexcusable. I know the opening few were brutal, but you just cannot fall to 0-7, especially with dog**** like ASU, UW, Wazzu. It has really, really stung. I love seeing the fight back to 19 wins and 9-10 (8-10 regular season), but it's a few points from a 21-22 win "what could have been". Derrick White has been everything I hoped for and more, but I do worry about the long term future of this program (let's save that for after the NIT). Let's give it a go against Arizona and take the NIT seriously if we don't win the conference tournament ;) The NIT is worth taking seriously, unlike that joke CBI. 20 wins is important and the competition in the revamped NIT is well done.

@BuffNative Brogdon is about as close as you can get to White. White is at 17.5 ppg, Brogdon 18.2 last season. White 4.0 rebounds, 4.3 assists. Brogdon 4.1 rebounds, 3.1 assists. White doing it in 32.5, Brogdon in 34. However, Brogdon has more strength. He was listed at 215 entering his senior season and that's no stretch. White is listed at 193. That ain't gonna fly. Also, having been over here, I haven't been able to quite see enough of DW to know whether he has the defensive ability Bennett placed in Brogdon. Brogdon can be a deceptive bruiser on both ends.
How's the food?

How's the food?

Mostly good. As you'd expect, nothing like "our" Chinese food. Peking Duck is incredible, hot pot glorious, and other such things from different areas of China here in the capital like Uighur (Turkic Muslims from the other end of China) cuisine. Only big issue is not enough salt put on things and they put so much garlic and spice on things people sweat it out. You win some, you lose some. Definitely ordered a few meals where I simply just couldn't partake, although it seems the dog eating thing is either well hidden or more rural. Tons of dogs as pets. Vietnam is apparently a lot worse with that.

Back on topic, I'll be following from work! Go Buffs!

Mostly good. As you'd expect, nothing like "our" Chinese food. Peking Duck is incredible, hot pot glorious, and other such things from different areas of China here in the capital like Uighur (Turkic Muslims from the other end of China) cuisine. Only big issue is not enough salt put on things and they put so much garlic and spice on things people sweat it out. You win some, you lose some. Definitely ordered a few meals where I simply just couldn't partake, although it seems the dog eating thing is either well hidden or more rural. Tons of dogs as pets. Vietnam is apparently a lot worse with that.

Back on topic, I'll be following from work! Go Buffs!
What city are you based?

I didn't know we got the Lobos, that's pretty cool. Is there a return trip?

I just watched the video in the original post, our defense on that last possession was beautiful. You know what was also beautiful? Isaiah Thomas game winner over these nerds.

Also also beautiful: Gus Johnson's call...March Madness just isn't the same without him...

Two teams playing well to start. Entertaining so far.

Back