What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB Hosting USC

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
Must-win tonight. 6:30 tipoff at the Keg, ESPNU for those that can't make it.

KenPom has us at a 57% chance of winning. USC started great and was in the top 25 for a bit, but have lost three of their last four with their only win coming over a very very bad Stanford team at home. Utah boatraced them this week, so it'll be interesting to see if they come out pissed off or defeated. I really like the talent on this team - even with Bennie Boatwright being out due to a knee injury that's limited him most of this year. Jordan McLaughlin is a stud PG who is being overshadowed by the frosh phenoms. He's got an ORtg of 119.5 (183rd in the nation) and an ARate of 27.4% (134th in country). I hope we see DeLeon Brown starting again as I want him on McLaughlin so White doesn't have to work as hard on D. Not sure Fortune or King can even come close to shutting him down.

Speaking of lineups, I'm hoping we see the same starting lineup we did last game (White, Brown, King, XJ, Wes) with Tory, Dom and Peters as the first three off of the bench. Peters really impressed me against UCLA. There was a play where he just got burned on D and you saw the switch turn on and he was out for blood (in fact, @Darth Snow called it before it happened). Hopefully that's the wake up call that allows him to play quality minutes this season. I'm not fully ready to pull the plug on Fortune as he's a fifth year senior and I still have hopes he can play his way out of this, but the leash is tight. Honestly, he keeps it up and I don't think he's getting any PT come P12 tourney play. Siewart gets spot minutes depending on foul issues and matchups.

USC hasn't shot well in conference play. If we can keep that up, we should win. If we play like we did against UCLA or Arizona, we take them to the woodshed.

If this team hopes to make any sort of run we'd better start tonight. Almost every game is "must win". Especially at home.

I also have 2 spare tickets. Would have to meet up before game at this point though (I'll be at the game)

Agree, this is the last chance to salvage something of the season, IMO. At 0-5 the Buffs would require a 9-4 finish just to break even in the conference. In spite of the easing of the schedule, that would be too much to hope for. And while play has improved, consistency is still up in the air.

Have to win tonight or start imagining a conference tournament win. (Like we're going to beat UCLA on a neutral court?)

Ok, this football game needs to not go to OT, as I'd like to get up to the CEC on time and watch the end of this game. Little concerned about the crowd tonight, not the buzz just from people I know as about the UCLA game Thursday. Anecdotal of course.

We seem to be running some offensive sets, creating better matchups for XJ. That's good.

Tad lets both his bigs get into foul trouble early by refusing to double team. Now we'll be playing from a hole for the rest of the game.

Are there HS football recruits here this weekend? Just saw a MASSIVE young man in the tunnel.

We are not a good defensive rebounding team when Gordon is not on the floor, even worse when Tory Miller is not on the floor either. Not fair to put all the blame on XJ.
My issue with XJ is when the offensive set moves away from him, ge stands and stares. No movement, no effort.

Back