What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB: Iowa State Game Notes & Game Thread

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3889&SPID=257&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=600&atclid=204895787

ZHPGEHIHPOUTYNV.20100125191409.jpg

• Date: Saturday, Feb. 27 • Tipoff: 11:47 a.m. (MST)

• Television: Big 12 Network (Altitude Sports & Entertainment) ESPN Full Court, ESPN360.com • Announcers: Mitch Holthus (p-b-p), Rich Zvosec (analyst)

• Location: Coors Events Center (11,064) • CU Radio: KKZN 760-AM: Mark Johnson (p-b-p), Charles Johnson (analyst); Sirius Channel 126 Series vs. ISU: The Cyclones lead the all-time series, 76-67 and hold a 15-13 edge in Big 12 play. CU leads 11-2 at the Events Pos/NoPlayer Center in conference games and have won four straight vs. ISU.

QUICKLY: Cory Higgins has started 90-straight games (tied for sixth at CU) • Higgins scored 21 points at Missouri moving into 14th place on the school’s scoring list (1291 pts.), in addition to recording his 11th, 20-point scoring game of the season (23rd career) • Alec Burks stands in third place on the CU freshman
scoring list with 434 points ranking only behind Richard Roby (2004-05, 480); Chaunc- ey Billups (1995-96, 465) • Burks is tied for fifth nation- ally among all freshmen in points per game (16.7 ppg.) and fifth in FG% (.523) • Mar- cus Relphorde is averaging 13.2 points and 6.3 rebounds over his last three games.

BUFF TIDBITS: Cory Higgins and Alec Burks are separated by 53 points, the closest 1-2 scoring punch a CU team has had since 2003-04 [David Harrison (497, 17.1 ppg) and Michel Morandais (467, 16.1 ppg.)] • CU is 11-3 at home • CU is 9-2 when shooting 50 percent or better from the field, shot 50 percent against Oklahoma breaking a string of seven straight games not at least 50 percent • CU had a season-low four turnovers at Iowa State, the lowest in 28 years. On the season, CU has committed single-digits miscues six times • Four times CU has placed only two players in double figures - all losses • 13 times CU has started Burks, Higgins, Tomlinson, Relphorde, Dufault. CU is 6-7 in those games.

TEAM NOTES: The Buffs are shooting 76.9 percent (483-of-628) overall from the free throw line, a mark that is first in the league. Colorado has never led the Big 12 in the category.

At 12-15, Colorado needs to win its final 3 games (then go 1-1 in the Big 12 tournament) to become eligible for the NIT. This is a very realistic goal, but it needs to start today against a 14-14 Iowa State team that beat the Buffs 63-64 in Ames. With a win, the Buffs move at least to 10th in the conference standings and maybe to 9th (if Oklahoma loses to Baylor). Getting the 9 seed in the Big 12 tourney is key, because it makes the 1st game against Texas Tech or Oklahoma instead of, as a 10th seed, a likely opener against Oklahoma State. Big difference there. Colorado finishes its regular season at Nebraska and hosting Texas Tech.

3 very winnable games with the NIT on the line, a chance to end the road draught, and qualify for the NIT. Things get very exciting with a win today.

:gobuffs:

(Unfortunately, my wife threw her back out yesterday and is getting a massage and chiropractic during the game time - only hours she could get an appointment where she likes - so I'm on baby sitting duty and watching from home.)

We've gone ice cold the last 8 minutes. 23 points in the first 10 minutes, 6 in the last 8.

Need to get to half with it tied or a lead (29-32 with 2:15).

CU just took its first lead of the 2nd half on a Higging three: 53-52

Cory's been awesome today.

this is the cory that we saw so often last year, carrying the team on his back, while not missing a shot. ever.

65-63 and shooting the 1-and-1 after the tv timeout.

We need these badly. We've got to win this on the foul line, I think.

Casey's having his best game all year! Great follow!

69-67 with 2 minutes left

Come on, Alec. Please. Please. Please. Please.

YES!!!!!!

and

YES!!!

71 - 67 with 1:16

Alec is the MAN!!!

Heads up hustle play and 2 more FTs.

73-70 with 23.5

Go Buffs!

Yeah, Cory!

2 more FTs. 75-72 with 6 seconds.

ISU MISSES THE 3!!!!!

OVER!!!!

CU! CU! CU! CU! CU! CU! CU! CU! CU! CU! CU! CU!

FINAL!!!

75-72

And Baylor beat Oklahoma! From 11th to 9th place in the Big 12 today!

Big jump in the standings after today! Hope we can stay there. Of course, I think this team will be dangerous to whoever they play. GO BUFFS!

Big jump in the standings after today! Hope we can stay there. Of course, I think this team will be dangerous to whoever they play. GO BUFFS!

One more win and we're pretty sure of staying out of 11th or 12th. (UNL can't win more than 4 Big XII games and ISU has 3 wins with games against Mizzou and @ KSU left). That would be huge because it would mean avoiding somebody like OSU, Texass, Baylor or aTm in the first round of the Big XII tourney. Win these last 2 and the Buffs would finish 8th (could be tied with Tech or OU but would have wins over both) and would actually be the higher seed in the first round game... :wow:

I really think they can beat Tech @ home. Winning any road game, even against the cellar dwelling fuskers, still scares me though... :huh:

Tuesday's game at Nebraska is the most important game of the season IMO. We need to break that road losing streak so it is not hanging over this team heading into the 2010-2011 season.

Tuesday's game at Nebraska is the most important game of the season IMO. We need to break that road losing streak so it is not hanging over this team heading into the 2010-2011 season.

I agree. It's amazing what can happen sometimes once a team breaks through a barrier.

Texas Tech @ Nebraska just came on Altitude. I really don't want to see Nebraska do anything that gives them hope for finishing the season strong. Huskers lose and a .500 season is off the table. I don't want them to have anything much to play for against us next week.

Back