What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB Jackson State @ Colorado Game thread

A couple of observation:

Watched Ski very intensely rooting on and helping the walk ons from the sidelines at the end of the game. He looked like a guy who cares a lot about the team and is a real leader.

Dustin Thomas is very solid. He plays with a chip on his shoulder he will be a dangerous weapon. Made a couple of bad passes under the net but seemed to know what he did wrong.

The freshmen are fast and athletic. The offense seemed to move much faster down the court.

A lot of passes looked a little lazy to me. They still have a lot that needs to be cleaned up.

A very fun team to watch. Not sure where to put my expectations for this team but they should have at least chance of beating every opponent this year.

Ben Mills looked much improved. I think he will play some good minutes this year. I will not surprised to see him go in if Gordon/Scott get into foul trouble.

They also have the deepest bench of any CU team I have ever seen. Even the last line of walk ons went out on to the court looking like they belonged.

Tad kind of addressed this subject in his after game comments yesterday. His angle was that it had to do with the way fouls are being called. The defender not being able to get their hands on the offensive player they are not playing as tight to avoid fouls. Tad said that we should get better looks at 3 on our end for the same reason.

Now I realize that has nothing to do with losing your man and not being in the same zip-code when he shoots but thought it worth mentioning.

Good info and that makes sense. Because Hopkins is the only guy that I'd say isn't in the same zip-code at times. Booker, Dinwddie and Talton aren't lost on D they just seem a second slower to close out then previously. And like you said that could be b/c they aren't up on this quite as tight when their defender doesn't have the ball b/c they are worried about getting an impeding cutter/freedom of movement foul.

A couple of observation:

Watched Ski very intensely rooting on and helping the walk ons from the sidelines at the end of the game. He looked like a guy who cares a lot about the team and is a real leader.

I think that Ski is a true leader who gives his all and really cares about his teammates. This has been the case, pretty much since he got here as a freshman. He has become increasingly mature as demonstrated by his answer to a question that a reporter was trying to bait him with (about black and white players and making money for schools) at the end of a the last post-game press session. I loved his reply, especially the part about this entire topic not being where his head needed to be ... focused instead on playing basketball and helping his team being successful.

Back