What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB: Missouri @ Colorado Game Notes & Game Thread

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
ZJMVAZQEBOSFCAX.20100129182244.jpg

MBB Hosts Missouri Saturday
Game #23 Notes

vs. Missouri Tigers (16-6, 4-3 Big 12)

• Date: Saturday, Feb. 6
• Tipoff: 2:01 p.m. (MST)
• Television: Big 12 Network (Altitude Sports & Entertainment) ESPN Full Court, ESPN360.com
• Announcers: Dave Armstrong (p-b-p), Jon Sundvold (analyst)
• CU Radio: KKZN 760-AM: Mark Johnson (p-b-p), Charles Johnson (analyst); Sirius Channel 91, XM 102
• Series vs. Missouri: Mizzou leads all-time series, 96-52 (29-33 in Boulder). MU leads in Big 12 games, 17-9; CU leads 7-6 in Big 12 games in Boulder; Mizzou has won six straight in the series.

QUICKLY: Freshman guard Alec Burks remains questionable for Saturday's game against Missouri with a left knee sprain suffered two minutes into the game at Iowa State (Jan. 30). He did not play on Wednesday against Kansas and is listed day-to-day • CU's last three losses are a combined 11 points (3.7 points) • CU has attempted 53 three-pointers over the last two games, the highest two-game total of the season (17-of-53, .321) • Nate Tomlinson has led CU in assists eight straight games, nine of his last 10 (15 overall for the season) • Marcus Relphorde recorded the team's third double-double of the year with an 18-point, 11-rebound performance against KU. His four offensive and seven defensive boards were season-bests • Levi Knutson chipped-in a season-best 13 points and five field goals versus the Jayhawks. His three three-pointers and 34 minutes were career-bests.

NEAR MISSES: CU's near upset of top-ranked Kansas and loss by single-digits was the 27th time the Buffs have come up short under coach Bzdelik. Almost half of CU's 53 losses are an average of 4.6 points.

2009-10: 7 games (three non-conference, four Big 12): 30 points, 4.3 ppg.).

2008-09: 11 games (three non-conference, eight Big 12 games): 50 points (4.5 ppg.).

2007-08: 9 games (three non-conference, six Big 12 games): 43 total points (4.8 ppg.).

BUFF TIDBITS: Cory Higgins and Alec Burks are separated by 56 points, the closest 1-2 scoring punch a CU team has had since 2003-04 [David Harrison (497, 17.1 ppg) and Michel Morandais (467, 16.1 ppg.)] • CU is 10-2 at home (Buffs went 14-2 at home in 2005-06) • CU is 8-3 when shooting 50 percent or better from the field; first three games shot over 50 percent from the field, haven't shot over 50 percent in the last five games and are 41.2 percent over that span • CU had a season-low four turnovers at ISU, the lowest in 28 years (Dec. 8, 1982, CU defeated Colorado State, 57-55). On the season, CU has committed single-digits miscues five times.

INDIVIDUAL NOTES: With his injury at Iowa State, Alec Burks reeled off 20-straight games in double-digits. He's fourth nationally in points per game (16.3) • In his last five games, Cory Higgins is averaging 15.6 ppg., 4.2 rpg. and a team-best 12 steals • Higgins is eighth all-time at CU with 346 career made free throws and his career .807 FT percentage, ranks sixth all-time at CU • Burks and Higgins have led or shared scoring team honors 18 of 22 games. Marcus Relphorde (three times), Dwight Thorne (once) are the others.

TIGERS UPDATE: Missouri is 16-6 overall and 4-3 in Big 12 play, and are coming their first home loss of the season against Texas A&M on Feb. 3 (77-74). Mizzou has struggled on the road this season at 1-4 overall (1-2 in the Big 12). They defeated Texas Tech on the road in overtime and have lost to Kansas and Oklahoma. Head Coach Mike Anderson is in his fourth season at Mizzou (81-41, .664).

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=204881530

https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf4/669298.pdf?ATCLID=204881530&SPSID=3889&SPID=257&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=600

:gobuffs:

Hopefully they don't have any letdown after the KU game

Let's GO BUFFS!! Kick ass today. We need a few more Big XII wins. I think Bz will have them rolling. Should be a good game.

looking forward to seeing how the kids will follow up on their performance on wednesday night.

also...those of you who visit the club room at halftime...if you hear a couple guys yelling BUFFNIK!!! don't be alarmed...

...it will be scotchy and i looking to meet the man to buy him a beer for his hard work on this site.

(it was a bit embarrassing on wednesday night when he decided not to show up for the game....)

also...those of you who visit the club room at halftime...if you hear a couple guys yelling BUFFNIK!!! don't be alarmed...

...it will be scotchy and i looking to meet the man to buy him a beer for his hard work on this site.

And people aren't supposed to be alarmed by that?????:wow::wow:

looking forward to seeing how the kids will follow up on their performance on wednesday night.

(it was a bit embarrassing on wednesday night when he decided not to show up for the game....)

LMAO

I'll definitely be there before the game. Halftime could be tough since I'll have the baby (wife's coming with him in a separate car so I can go early). Bringing my parents today, too. My dad is a Mizzou grad, but he has a home in Colorado and I'm trying to convert him from the dark side. He promised not to wear any Mizzery gear, so that's a start.

Anyway, I'd love to meet some of you guys. I'll be wearing jeans and my white Shannon Sharpe Fan Club t-shirt along with a black Colorado Basketball lid.

Our tix are in Section 8 (Row 14, Seats 7 & 8) behind the CU bench. Stop by and say "Hi".

Edit: btw, my name is Brian. :smile2:

How can we look so good against ku and suck so bad against ****ing missouri. We can't hit **** from outside and can't get inside. This is pathetic.

How can we look so good against ku and suck so bad against ****ing missouri. We can't hit **** from outside and can't get inside. This is pathetic.

:yeahthat:

Missouri is a bad matchup for CU..

CU takes a step back in this game..

I just turned on the game, watched 2 minutes and that's enough. Poor effort and until jeff can recruit some athletic big guys, this team will continue to get killed inside. Is there any hope for any of the big guys we have now?

I just turned on the game, watched 2 minutes and that's enough. Poor effort and until jeff can recruit some athletic big guys, this team will continue to get killed inside. Is there any hope for any of the big guys we have now?
From a couple of blurbs on this board, he has two schollies and is in on three or so big guys. I saw one today about a 7 ft. African and there is the 7 ft. New Zealand kid.

Well, I could have told you before the game that if Missouri outshot us we didn't have a chance. They were lights out from 3 and we couldn't make a layup. 'Nuff said.

I give a lot of credit to Missouri. Anderson is a hell of a coach. I don't think I've every seen a team that disciplined on its defensive rotations, recovering when their initial press was beaten, or challenging every shot. Very impressed with them today.

On another note: I sat next to Liz Kritza, our women's volleyball coach. Very nice woman. I asked her about the team next year and her passion was very evident. I knew about the recruit she got from the UK who is playing on their Olympic team, but she said we had 2 others who were training for and participating in international competition. Let's do what we can as Buffs fans to give Volleyball a boost and support her program next year as she starts us on the road to knocking Nebraska from the top of the Big 12.

Well, I could have told you before the game that if Missouri outshot us we didn't have a chance. They were lights out from 3 and we couldn't make a layup. 'Nuff said.

I give a lot of credit to Missouri. Anderson is a hell of a coach. I don't think I've every seen a team that disciplined on its defensive rotations, recovering when their initial press was beaten, or challenging every shot. Very impressed with them today.

On another note: I sat next to Liz Kritza, our women's volleyball coach. Very nice woman. I asked her about the team next year and her passion was very evident. I knew about the recruit she got from the UK who is playing on their Olympic team, but she said we had 2 others who were training for and participating in international competition. Let's do what we can as Buffs fans to give Volleyball a boost and support her program next year as she starts us on the road to knocking Nebraska from the top of the Big 12.

Sounds good.....but, what can I do from down here in BF Texas to help?

Sounds good.....but, what can I do from down here in BF Texas to help?

I'm not sure. Maybe buy a hat/t-shirt from the Buff store. Who knows who will see you wearing it around? Also, I'd call the AD next year and see if there was anywhere you could donate a season ticket or single game ticket. I'm sure there's a way to get them to the YWCA or Big Sisters or Girls' Club or whatnot to get a couple more fannies in the stands.

Maybe just email her and ask her? Liz.Kirtza (at) Colorado.EDU Use "@" instead of "at" and lose the spaces. I was just trying to avoid the spam bots getting her email address.

Very disappointing game. I kept saying to my wife, "One shot and out." Rinse and repeat. Over and over we look for a decent shot against this quick Mizzou team, and over and over we settle for an outside shot. And over and over we have not one of our five guys even thinking about crashing the boards as the clock is winding down.

Midway through the 2nd half at least Higgins and Burks had the right idea - if the shots aren't falling and we continue to forget what the word 'rebound' means, at least drive the lane to see what happens.

Without vastly better athletes, this offense will not succeed in the Big 12. I was skeptical before, today we saw how easy it is for an athletic - but not very big - Mizzou team to positively shut us down. Every team that plays CU should watch that tape. Yes they were more motivated than us and played harder, but they also allowed no post play by CU. We are a zero threat inside team. 4 guys 6'8 thru 6'11, and we have nothing, zip, nada inside.

Jeff, please tell me what Plan B is if the shots are not falling. I'm waiting.

More disappointing still, MU beat us at our own game with the ball. Dribble pass dribble, wait for a switch under the basket, hit the open man, layup. Those 2 foot shots hurt us more than the 3's.

We must get it together for OU on Wednesday. We cannot lose to Jeff Capel, the Manturd.

I'm not sure. Maybe buy a hat/t-shirt from the Buff store. Who knows who will see you wearing it around? Also, I'd call the AD next year and see if there was anywhere you could donate a season ticket or single game ticket. I'm sure there's a way to get them to the YWCA or Big Sisters or Girls' Club or whatnot to get a couple more fannies in the stands.

Maybe just email her and ask her? Liz.Kirtza (at) Colorado.EDU Use "@" instead of "at" and lose the spaces. I was just trying to avoid the spam bots getting her email address.

Good ideas....

If you do this, make sure you send it to Kritza, not Kirtza..........if you want it to get to her that is.

Another thing you could do, if you are close enough to any of the Big 12 south campuses, is go to CU's away match. In volleyball, each Big 12 team plays home and home each season. We go to all the home matches and try to get to at least one away match a season. I suspect that the team appreciates hearing someone cheer FOR them in an away match.

BeBe,

Nice catch on my dyslexic post. :smile2:

And good suggestion.

Back