What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB vs Wazzu - Which Team Will Coug It?

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
Tipoff at 2 pm mountain tomorrow (Saturday) on P12. Buffs have a 69% (nice) chance of winning according to KenPom. Wazzu is bad. Real bad. Bad offense, bad defense, just bad. About the only thing they do well is that they don't foul, and they have great FT defense (copyright @jgisland). But Josh Hawkinson is a stud. Expect a lot of Wes on him tomorrow. Not sure who guards Clifford (7 foot, 260 lbs) when he and Hawk are in the game together though. May require us going big (ugh) or shifting XJ on to Hawk and hoping he rises to the occasion.

I'll fully admit I don't watch a lot of the Cougs (I can't stress how bad they are), but Malachi Flynn has stood out as well. Freshman PG is playing solid and can shoot well. Has a tendency to turn it over a bit, but still has an ORtg of 104.

Since my last prediction went south in spectacular fashion, I predict rock bottom is reached with a loss on Saturday and I'm very angry about it.

Hard to disagree that Wazzu is Bad. They lost by 41 pts to Utah yesterday, at home! They did beat Washington at their house, but after following up with the obligatory win over the Beavers, they've lost 4 straight and are on a trajectory to the bottom. (Well not the actual bottom, OSU owns that. If Wazzu is Bad, OSU is BAD. The Buffs, on the other hand, are just bad.)

My fear is that Wazzu may look at the 0-6 Buffs and conclude that, aside from rematches with the Beavs and Dawgs, this could be their last chance for victory this Spring. That doesn't sound particularly motivating to me, but who knows for them.

Not sure what to think if we are the ones to Coug it but I also thought the streak would be broken last game. Go Buffs!

not giving up hope.

Buffs win @Wazzou, split the Oregon teams at home, split the bay area roadie, sweep the Washington schools at home, split the Oregon games on the road, sweep the last three, finish .500 in Pac play and still make the NIT in case we don't win the conference tourney.

not giving up hope.

Buffs win @Wazzou, split the Oregon teams at home, split the bay area roadie, sweep the Washington schools at home, split the Oregon games on the road, sweep the last three, finish .500 in Pac play and still make the NIT in case we don't win the conference tourney.

9-3 finish, bold strategy lets see if it plays out

9-3 finish, bold strategy lets see if it plays out
Add one p12 tourney win and we get 20. Being on a roll would give us a shot at the NIT. However I'm skeptical, every turnaround starts with a win and we've been waiting since Utah for that win. I am confident that we'll get it against Oregon state though, if somehow Wazzu falls through.

Add one p12 tourney win and we get 20. Being on a roll would give us a shot at the NIT. However I'm skeptical, every turnaround starts with a win and we've been waiting since Utah for that win. I am confident that we'll get it against Oregon state though, if somehow Wazzu falls through.

Unfortunately even after going 9-3, our RPI ranking would be in the 80s. We would have a shot by making it to the championship game in the PAC12 tournament, but even then it would be terrible odds.

The good news is if we run the table (including sweeping Oregon) our RPI would be top 50 and on the right side of the bubble.

Unfortunately even after going 9-3, our RPI ranking would be in the 80s. We would have a shot by making it to the championship game in the PAC12 tournament, but even then it would be terrible odds.

The good news is if we run the table (including sweeping Oregon) our RPI would be top 50 and on the right side of the bubble.
Well then, that should be our strategy, win all our remaining games. It's a fact that if we don't lose again this season, we'll be national champions.

This team going 3-9 the rest of the way is FAR more likely than 9-3. I will not be remotely surprised if we lose today. White and XJ are the only two players we can count on. It's hard to watch.

I can't help but drift toward believing that this team will figure it out and go on a run this season. I don't have a lot to go on there except that I have seen them play very well for stretches, I still believe there's a lot of firepower that can beat about anyone when it clicks, and I believe in Tad... but, really, it's mostly because I'm a fan.

These boys need to grow their basketball brains. The ball movement is ghastly! Slow ball movement. Or drive it, pivot and then dish it 8 feet to a teammate who is not really open only to have the teammates defender slap it away. They drive me crazy.

Only caught the end of the brief interview with Tad on the Pac 12 preview show ... but I heard a lot about playing defense and rebounding better, nothing about offense. Tad, how about having a comprehensible offensive scheme besides passing it around a lot and then chucking it up from downtown? 'Cause that's mostly what I've seen so far.

Only caught the end of the brief interview with Tad on the Pac 12 preview show ... but I heard a lot about playing defense and rebounding better, nothing about offense. Tad, how about having a comprehensible offensive scheme besides passing it around a lot and then chucking it up from downtown? 'Cause that's mostly what I've seen so far.
Alter your ****ing philosophy Tad.

Pretty sparse crowd there today ... hope that's not in store for us the rest of the season.

Siewart is an absolute LIABILITY on D.

Might as well not even go to the other end of the court. Just sit and cherry pick.

Siewart, Akyazili, Miller, and Fortune should never be on the court together at the same time unless it's a blowout. Sometimes the rotations we see are very interesting...

After watching up close. The team has no chemistry. These are just a collection of players. Gotta blow it up, transfer/graduate out most of the players, and start over.

Back