What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Melt Down in Eugene

Best part is that they're going to lose 5 more in a row, fire Helfrich after the Stanford thrashing, eke out wins against Utah (somehow) and Oregon State with Brady Hoke as the interim, and then remove the interim tag. It's gonna be awesome.

The comments on twitter over their announcement of this weeks uni's for the UW game are pretty funny...and frankly, oddly familiar.

EDIT: Figured it out

Last edited:
This week will tell us alot about the ducks. If they beat UW, they can get to 6 or 7 wins. If the Huskies curb-stomp them, the wheels will fall totally off up there.

Class balance in both the OL and DL is way out of whack in Eugene! 4 RS FR starters on the OL? Ridiculous! And their recently demoted DC killed off recruiting for the "D".
And it appears that since Helfrich has been in so many close games, even with rummies, they haven't had much "garbage time" to develop any depth.

There are freshman behind one of those starters too.

Now that Helfrich is on his own, some of that Hawkins patina is beginning to show through.

He has made some blunders this season along with trying to take the one and done route with QBs.

Im surprised if he doesn't get run off.
"Hawktina".

Not sure the extent of UO's injury situation, but even if Helfrich has lost this team, I'm not sure they'll roll over and play dead in Autzen against a UW they've defeated 12 straight. I expect a UW win, but I could see the Ducks making this interesting.
Oregon is going to win.

Oregon is going to win.
I can't see Oregon being able to contain UW's offense, and I don't think they can outscore the Huskies this year... Only benefit that the Ducks have is that the game is in Eugene and crazy things can happen in rivaly games. But I feel like they're going to get boat raced.

I can't see Oregon being able to contain UW's offense, and I don't think they can outscore the Huskies this year... Only benefit that the Ducks have is that the game is in Eugene and crazy things can happen in rivaly games. But I feel like they're going to get boat raced.

Plus that team has faced very little adversity, they are used to having faster athletes than everyone and being the bully based on shear offensive firepower. It feels like they are itching to quit on this season. I think it would have happened a half game earlier if Montez hadn't thrown those second half picks.

They are starting to lose their identity at this point. It's one thing to have a couple of combos for unis, but to go out and shred all tradition and assume any color possible?? and webfoots?? WTF

Damn Oregon already seems to be conceding the UW game.

I kind of feel bad for the kid getting his first start against that DL...good luck with that.

Damn Oregon already seems to be conceding the UW game.

I kind of feel bad for the kid getting his first start against that DL...good luck with that.
IMO the QB they have been playing isn't their problem

They are starting to lose their identity at this point. It's one thing to have a couple of combos for unis, but to go out and shred all tradition and assume any color possible?? and webfoots?? WTF
Yeah, I thought they went are far as they could go with the Uniform thing, but that is just ridiculous.

IMO the QB they have been playing isn't their problem
Agreed. The QB isn't the problem. It is their porous defense. They still score enough points and have enough talent to win a lot of games, but Helfrich really made a dumb decision, that very likely could cost him his job, by hiring Brady Hoke as the DC to fix their defense. Brady Hoke has never been a defensive coordinator. They are very close to going down in flames.

Back