What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Men's Basketball Weight Training

Shldr2Shldr

Club Member
Club Member
[video]http://www.cubuffs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=600&&db_oem_id=600[/video]

All I know is that this needs to be one of the Big Heads in the student section this year:

travis-fimmel-vikings-history.jpg

Whoever the freshman was doing chest presses was doing something wrong. Back should not be lifted like that off the bench

Where? The tire flips? The squats and presses looked good to me.

No one in that video does anything approximating a full squat. Half the guys are doing like 1/4 squats or something. Some of the pressing looked like the strained novice at the gym that somehow throws his back out trying to bench too much. I'm not even sure what Spencer is doing in half of the video.

Goes to show you that proper lifting technique is not necessary to be all conference in basketball.

No one in that video does anything approximating a full squat. Half the guys are doing like 1/4 squats or something. Some of the pressing looked like the strained novice at the gym that somehow throws his back out trying to bench too much. I'm not even sure what Spencer is doing in half of the video.

Goes to show you that proper lifting technique is not necessary to be all conference in basketball.
Damn shame that we're paying a strength and conditioning coach if all he is going to do is teach these players how to lift improperly. Maybe someday we'll be able to hire somebody who knows how to lift properly. Until then, we'll just have to deal with our guys getting bigger, stronger, and faster I guess. :rolling_eyes:

Well judging by how Spencer, Josh, XT and XJ have all changed their bodies they must be doing something right...

How on Earth could you even judge how low those guys were going in that video? Either you have superpowers or I missed the portion of the video that showed their legs during the squats.

Damn shame that we're paying a strength and conditioning coach if all he is going to do is teach these players how to lift improperly. Maybe someday we'll be able to hire somebody who knows how to lift properly. Until then, we'll just have to deal with our guys getting bigger, stronger, and faster I guess. :rolling_eyes:

Well judging by how Spencer, Josh, XT and XJ have all changed their bodies they must be doing something right...

How on Earth could you even judge how low those guys were going in that video? Either you have superpowers or I missed the portion of the video that showed their legs during the squats.

Here we go with the leaps of logic. Here is but one example of what I am talking about.

bench.png

Does this mean our S&C staff sucks? No. Did I say that? No. Does it mean that every guy on the team has poor form on every lift? No, and I didn't say that either. Sorry to point out a fact that you don't like.

@Goose - The bar will drop as far down as you are squatting. When the bar drops six inches, I'm gonna go ahead and guess it wasn't close to a full squat. There are reasons to not always do full squats, maybe they were in play here, maybe not.

The positive: XJ looks like a beast in this video.

You're supposed to arch your back you dumbass.

Even if you subscribe to that method of pressing, it doesn't involve moving one's lower back during the lift. It recommends pushing your shoulder blades into the bench while maintaining a slight arch in the lower back. Now you won't get hurt the next time you try benching the bar three times. You're welcome for the advice.

Even if you subscribe to that method of pressing, it doesn't involve moving one's lower back during the lift. It recommends pushing your shoulder blades into the bench while maintaining a slight arch in the lower back. Now you won't get hurt the next time you try benching the bar three times. You're welcome for the advice.

Do you even lift bro?

Here we go with the leaps of logic. Here is but one example of what I am talking about.

View attachment 12958

Does this mean our S&C staff sucks? No. Did I say that? No. Does it mean that every guy on the team has poor form on every lift? No, and I didn't say that either. Sorry to point out a fact that you don't like.

@Goose - The bar will drop as far down as you are squatting. When the bar drops six inches, I'm gonna go ahead and guess it wasn't close to a full squat. There are reasons to not always do full squats, maybe they were in play here, maybe not.

The positive: XJ looks like a beast in this video.
They are doing quasquats. That's a quarter squat. It builds up your toe muscles.

Shut up AZ. I want to get more lifting tips from Flounder. The kid is ripped. He must have been lifting for weeks now.

Back