What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Message to students

As far as field rushes go, that one looked pretty cool on TV! This year, I think the Texas game is the only other one that deserves a rushing of the field though.

Just got back home, amazing game, the blackout was too cool, students were incredible -- 3 - 0 baby!! Time to get my old tired bones to bed!!

:gobuffs:

oh man rushing was fun until you got to the middle of the field and it was a B.O. moshpit. Oh well it was worth it

I don't understand why people bag on the rushing the field. So ****ing what? I thought we wanted some enthusiasm in Boulder again? That starts with the students.

I know plenty of students that are already planning on rushing the field if we win. And I've never done it before either:cool: Plus, if we win, I believe this game is worthy of rushing the field. Let us have our fun:thumbsup:

indeed... f#$% everyone else... rush the field... act crazy... have fun... otherwise someday you'll look back at missed opportunities and say, "wish I'd done that"...

indeed... f#$% everyone else... rush the field... act crazy... have fun... otherwise someday you'll look back at missed opportunities and say, "wish I'd done that"...

O it was an experience for sure. I saw people who tripped and were getting trampeled by students. It had the worst smell too. But, rushing was simply...AMAZING

There wa a blurb in the Post today on how the Fiesta Bowl Director (who was in attendance) was awed at the sight of the field being rushed last night..:thumbsup:

I couldn't agree more....I looked at the future wifey & friend, asked them if they wanted to join, they both declined, and I said "I'm not that freakin' old yet, I don't care if it's the #21 team I wanna dance on the field!"

On a side note...people were saying that it looks bad and it's stupid to rush the field unless it's a top 10 team...well after seeing how happy J-Fly was when the fans picked him up and put him on their shoulders, I have no reservations now....the players LOVE it and the support/love it shows them and that's all that matters to me!

Rushing the field during my days in Boulder ranks up there in terms of my most awesome memories from college...I have to admit I was very jealous watching the rush after the game on TV last night but it looked insane and awesome!!

The student section was so impressive last night. Not much else to say other than it was a ****ing blast, we are loud as **** and the bleachers need to be tightened. I almost got my ass kicked by some army dude for falling forward every other minute.

The student section was so impressive last night. Not much else to say other than it was a ****ing blast, we are loud as **** and the bleachers need to be tightened. I almost got my ass kicked by some army dude for falling forward every other minute.

:nod: It was so packed that we had to stand side-ways to fit.

To the people who want the students to stay in their seats... Lighten up. To the students who rushed the field... it looked good on tv. Not stupid crazy drunken students but people who wanted to cheer their team. Hawkins was beaming in the post game interview.

I wish I had been there.

:nod: It was so packed that we had to stand side-ways to fit.

What you're describing is how it was for us in the early 90s. Glad to hear the students are finally returning in force.

I say, rush the field. If the kids want to rush the field after every win, that's fine by me. College football is supposed to be fun, and after the student section has been bashed for being apathetic and blase it seems unfair to bash them for getting pumped after a win.

As for "respectability," there is absolutely nothing we can do to get the respect of people who think our students are all a bunch of stoners who throw batteries and get drunk, etc. etc. et ****ing cetera. That ridiculous stereotype is never going away. So why give a damn what kNebraska and Texass fans think? Why shouldn't the students change tradition?

I am perfectly ok with being known for getting hammered and throwing batteries and piss bombs

Sorry for partying America

What I saw last night were CU students enjoying the moment with their team. Nothing ugly, nothing that would denote anything unclassiness. It seemed to me that Hawk was enjoying them as well. I think this is a reflection in a new attitude in Boulder and it is all about having fun. Think back to last year when Hawk threatened to pull the team if the students behaved poorly before the Fusker game. I think what we are seeing is is a turning point for the program and everyone is being included in that turning point.

When CU lost in Waco in 2003, the Baylor students rushed the field. It was bizzare because the stadium kept getting more full as the game progressed. And when a Baylor victory was in sight, Floyd Casey Stadium was practically half full. LOL. I guess Baylor fans would rather be shopping than see BU get beat again. But Baylor's mounting victory over their first B12 opponent brought the locals to the stadium the same way that 16 inches of fresh powder bring skiers to the lift line. I thought to myself how pathetic it must be to be a Baylor fan, where the high point of the football season involves beating Colorado. There must have been some Mountaneer fans thinking along those lines last night.

But who cares what other teams fans think.

I didn't rush the field last night, but I did enjoy watching those who did. Spontaneous displays of exhuberence by students under a national spotlight on a blackout game was pure college football pagentry. In the history of CU, there has never been a field rush with students dressed like CU branded ninjas, cat burglars, and Johnny Cash. The first ever blackout field rush is a memory I'll cherish.

I also give props to the stadium sound person who played the Scorpions "Blackout" on the PA system. This was much cooler than the marching band's rendition of Journey's "Separate Ways." Speaking of the band, did anyone else pay attention to formations the marching band was trying to make during their halftime performance? I couldn't make out a single recognizable formation. It might have just been my wild rorschach test of an imagination, but the ONLY shape I thought I kind of saw was a 50-yard long cowboy hat wearing bong. WTF?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't diss the students rushing the field. I was there, and it was jump the fence or get crushed since I was right at the front of the student section.

Plus, it gave me a sweet pic for Royale90 to make into a sig :smile2:.

I was in the camp saying don't rush the field; however, it looked damn cool last night. Great job students!

Back