What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Miami's rivals site is reporting that Shannon has been fired/announcement tomorrow

images

Well, Richt is a Miami alum. Could get interesting.

Wild guess. Michigan hires Harbaugh after firing Dick Rod, who heads to the U.

I'd hate to see a former CU player at Miami, but it does beg the question of whether Rae Carruth is ready for a Head Coaching position.

Too soon?

I listened to local Miami radio affiliate for espn this morning. Top targets they listed were Gus Malzahn, Al Golden, Brent Venables, Mark Stoops, Mario Cristobal (sp. Fl Int'l coach). Jason Garrett, if not retained by Cowboys, was also mentioned.

Guys they dismissed were Mark Richt (lost his enthusiasm), anyone over 60 years old, Gary Patterson (doesn't want to leave TCU), Mike Leach (too much baggage and allegedly showed up drunk for interview 4 years ago according to them...please do not sue me mike, only repeating what I heard).

Another interesting fact they said is that the U now has the highest FBS graduation percentage except Navy over the last couple of years.

Another interesting fact they said is that the U now has the highest FBS graduation percentage except Navy over the last couple of years.

That is pretty surprising, if it is accurately reported.

However, over the same time period their "NFL graduation rate" has significantly declined. Which is why the are a .500 team with less than 30,000 fans in the stands.

There any heir apparent on the staff?

I don't think there is. Lots of upsetness with Randy Shannon the previous heir apparent. Me thinks they will move to a big name or someone who can return some consistency. They could look to UM alum Mark Richt or former coach Ed Orgeron now DC at USC.

I hear they're offering Gruden 3M per year.

As I said on Rivals, Gruden would be an awful hire for the Canes. He has never been a coordinator or head coach at the BCS level. Worse, he has no ties to the Miami program and could never navigate the unique ins and outs that make it so challenging to win at an academically-oriented private university with poor attendance and fan support.

As I said on Rivals, Gruden would be an awful hire for the Canes. He has never been a coordinator or head coach at the BCS level. Worse, he has no ties to the Miami program and could never navigate the unique ins and outs that make it so challenging to win at an academically-oriented private university with poor attendance and fan support.

the ins and outs? He's a name coach, in Florida. I wouldn't write him off so quickly.

While out running errands yesterday I caught a little of Trevor Matich on ESPN Radio and he was saying that Miami needs to go back to their renegade ways. After all, that's how Schnellenberger got them to the top in the first place. Problem is, I don't think that would go over too well in today's candy-ass walk-on-eggshells society.

But those teams were nothing short of awesome and I, for one, liked their ways. For those too young to remember, you may have seen the ESPN 30-for-30 special on "The U".

Last edited:
While out running errands yesterday I caught a little of Trevor Matich on ESPN Radio and he was saying that Miami needs to go back to their renegade ways. After all, that's how Schnellenberger got them to the top in the first place. Problem is, I don't think that would go over too well in today's candy-ass walk-on-eggshells society.

But those teams were nothing short of awesome and I, for one, liked their ways. For those too young to remember, you may have seen the ESPN 30-for-30 special on "The U".

...or in today's Donna Shalala "I wanna be the Stanford of the Southeast" days.

Remember that bowl game when they rolled TAMU while committing like about 10 personal fouls? Pure awesome. :lol:

Remember that bowl game when they rolled TAMU while committing like about 10 personal fouls? Pure awesome. :lol:

It was Texas and yea I remember it, it was the Cotton Bowl. That was one awesome team. I actually found those renegade Canes' teams funny.

:rofl2: Not quite. Anyone that can sign a check that can clear will get in. If they can play football than no check required. Its not the high falutin.

It was Texas and yea I remember it, it was the Cotton Bowl. That was one awesome team. I actually found those renegade Canes' teams funny.

I remember that game. UM had over 220 yards in penalties and won 45-3 IIRC. The UT players were scared of the UM guys by the end of the second quarter.

Back