What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mid-Season Receiver Evaluations

4BienemyTDs

Club Member
Club Member
Halfway through the season and wanted to talk about my favorite position group, the Receivers:

VISKA is obviously a stud, but kind of amazed how he was not used as a decoy more in creative play calling. That is stubborn, selfish and not what I would have hoped from Chiv? Maybe he is trying so hard to get himself a Biletnikoff winner more than just team ball, I hope not. At this point, Viska is being used too much and we need to balance it out more.

JMAC is solid as ever, and should be schemed more on 3rd downs as he reminds me of the Clemson kid that seems like he has played 10 years, but catches everything. Hope he is OK

KD NIXON is one of my favorite guys and I am so glad he is contributing as much as he is. Only thing is not sure why he gets a lot of jump balls and fades thrown his way as the absolute shortest guy?

TONY BROWN is a rock solid college WR and has pretty much caught every ball thrown his way, love what he has done

WINFREE is a warrior who deserves to be healthy and play, this guy is snake bitten, but I hope he is back for the stretch run. He is a huge missing part of our jump ball/fade game in my opinion.

ENTO just does not make any sense why he does not get on the field. There must be a work ethic or something else about him and Chiv that is not right? He catches everything also, and I am impressed that he puts a lot of effort into special teams considering who he is and what he had hoped to do.

JACKSON had a nice little debut, and if he can stay healthy will be the heir apparent to JMac in the slot and looks like a catching machine with really quick feet.

ARIAS, LAWSON, BELL, STANLEY shows how deep this position is!!! Need to spread it around, even though we have the Jugernaut on the field.

Thoughts?

Halfway through the season and wanted to talk about my favorite position group, the Receivers:

VISKA is obviously a stud, but kind of amazed how he was not used as a decoy more in creative play calling. That is stubborn, selfish and not what I would have hoped from Chiv? Maybe he is trying so hard to get himself a Biletnikoff winner more than just team ball, I hope not. At this point, Viska is being used too much and we need to balance it out more.

JMAC is solid as ever, and should be schemed more on 3rd downs as he reminds me of the Clemson kid that seems like he has played 10 years, but catches everything. Hope he is OK

KD NIXON is one of my favorite guys and I am so glad he is contributing as much as he is. Only thing is not sure why he gets a lot of jump balls and fades thrown his way as the absolute shortest guy?

TONY BROWN is a rock solid college WR and has pretty much caught every ball thrown his way, love what he has done

WINFREE is a warrior who deserves to be healthy and play, this guy is snake bitten, but I hope he is back for the stretch run. He is a huge missing part of our jump ball/fade game in my opinion.

ENTO just does not make any sense why he does not get on the field. There must be a work ethic or something else about him and Chiv that is not right? He catches everything also, and I am impressed that he puts a lot of effort into special teams considering who he is and what he had hoped to do.

JACKSON had a nice little debut, and if he can stay healthy will be the heir apparent to JMac in the slot and looks like a catching machine with really quick feet.

ARIAS, LAWSON, BELL, STANLEY shows how deep this position is!!! Need to spread it around, even though we have the Jugernaut on the field.

Thoughts?
nice summary and agree.

Buffs have too much WR talent to be struggling offensively like they did vs USC. We need to attack the middle of the field more, particularly with Nixon and JMAC.

Need to get a TE and get them involved. Seriously. We need a TE to keep the D honest.

Follow up thoughts:

How many TE targets to date? I can not think of any! I know they were excited about Poplawski, but still gotta look for Bounds?

Also, if Winfree was healthy, would Nixon be lining up on the outside as much? Surprising to see a 5'-10" outside WR?

Back