What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Might this be the plan?

This models sucks donkey ****. I fail to see how it yields any benefits. Arguably the facilities upgrades but 1.) not sure they can pull that off b/c there won't be enough donations to make it happen with the vision this presents; and 2.) partial solutions to facilities may not be that impactful to recruits and may just sell us short.

Mac is no good for this program anymore and as others have said, I doubt he'd ever pull the trigger to get rid of JE. EB is a terrible OC and I presume this model leaves EB as OC.

Furthermore JE seems completely over his head and we all know he is already getting input from Mac and we can see where that has gotten us, so how does this model improve EB as a capable HC?

One more problem. I don't see anything in this proposal that would improve our recruiting situation other than partial facilities upgrades.

Idea fail!!!!!!!

I may be in the minority here, but I don't think it's an awful plan. It's not my favorite, but it could be much worse.

Pluses:
1. New Facilities
2. We can say without a doubt that we gave the B4L crew EVERY OPPORTUNITY to succeed here. If (when) the coaches get fired, we won't lose the B4L donor fan base (read: $$$).
3. We get another year of NCAA coaches on the cheap + 25 extra mill in revenue. We have another year to get our fiscal affairs in order
4. When it comes time for new coaches, we'll have more $$$ and top of the line facilities. GOOD coaches will WANT to come to CU.
5. Ticket sales for BBall will continue to increase.
6. I get to do more mountain biking / skiing on Saturdays

Negatives (assuming JE and company don't figure out how to do anything):
1. Fans likely get screwed next year.
2. Players likely get screwed next year.
3. Boulder small businesses likely get screwed next year.
4. CU football record books get significantly crappier.
5. No away game trip or season tickets for Tractor.
6. I will be doing more mountain biking / skiing on Saturdays

I thought you said something differently about Sefo:

RG3 plays in a pro-style offense in Washington and he had 4 TD and 1 INT today against Dallas. I will like to see more 2 backs sets, screens, bubble screens, 5 wide, use the TE more. Our offense is too predictable right now. Sefo is a dual threat QB that will be explosive in a pro-style offense. Powell is best suited for the pro-style. Not a good idea to change to the Oregon Style offense overnight.

Last edited:
RG3 plays in a pro-style offense in Washington and he had 4 TD and 1 INT today against Dallas. I will like to see more 2 backs sets, screens, bubble screens, 5 wide, use the TE more. Our offense is too predictable right now.
Uhhhh not really...

What the ****ing **** is this? I don't even...

Can we acknowledge the elephant in the room that Mac is senile and out of touch in his old age? What in the world do we gain by bringing him in to run the show?

We need to clean house, not double down on retreads. This is worse than doing nothing at all. This is worse than the worst case scenario I'd envisioned.

You do realize that Texas won more games than any other BCS school over a ten year stretch, including a national championship, playing for another national championship, multiple BCS bowl wins, extremely high winning % against other ranked teams, lots of top rankings at end of the season. Saban is the gold standard, but MB did a lot more than just "win more than lose". Other than Saban and maybe Meyer, who has laid down better results than Brown?
Yes, I realize, but Mack Brown is a chronic underachiever in most Texan's eye...he might be getting pushed out the door, too, despite his successes. Those successes are from a monumental talent advantage, not coaching acumen, which was my point, not that UT was merely a .500+ team. Catch the TCU score BTW?

Mac is senile??? Do you even know the man - he is sharp as a tack.

F*** you

He has chosen to put himself in the public realm. His weekly radio spot is unbearable. His views are dated. Bringing him back to oversee the show would set the program back even further - it literally is among the very worst moves I could even think about dreaming up.

He has chosen to put himself in the public realm. His weekly radio spot is unbearable. His views are dated. Bringing him back to oversee the show would set the program back even further - it literally is among the very worst moves I could even think about dreaming up.
1312575684456.jpg

he has already set the program back years by forcing embree on this program and attempting to block a move to replace this... any more mac going forward is poor for the program... its time to look forward not back...its time for mac to go away... far far far far away

Last edited:
This was floated over on Rivals that there is smoke this is the plan and that the admin thinks fans are going to be excited about it...well except for all of us Internet nut jobs apparently. Something like this has been hinted at on Buffscoop as well if u connect the dots.

It is not that I do not believe this may be possible, just that I believe it would be a doomed idea (for all the reasons listed here already). I'm just speechless it is even a possibility.

RG3 plays in a pro-style offense in Washington and he had 4 TD and 1 INT today against Dallas. I will like to see more 2 backs sets, screens, bubble screens, 5 wide, use the TE more. Our offense is too predictable right now. Sefo is a dual threat QB that will be explosive in a pro-style offense. Powell is best suited for the pro-style. Not a good idea to change to the Oregon Style offense overnight.

You keep talking without saying anything resembling common sense.

Catch the TCU score BTW?
Watching that game pissed me off, primarily because the announcers kept saying "over 70% of TCU's players are freshmen and sophomores," but I've been told that you can't expect to win more than one game when you have a "young" team.

The spin doctors are already hard at work up in Boulder, can't wait for the announcement of only minor changes for next year. If they cite that lame article from the CU profs at all it will just prove how clueless and uncommitted they truly are.

you literally have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Watching that game pissed me off, primarily because the announcers kept saying "over 70% of TCU's players are freshmen and sophomores," but I've been told that you can't expect to win more than one game when you have a "young" team.
They have a coaching staff that knows what they are doing.

Embree returns
EB returns
Facilities are announced. Its not the full monty, but it's a good upgrade.
McCartney is announced as Football AD
Offense is spread/option (based on Oregon's)
Hagan announced as QB Coach (he knows that style of quarterbacking)

How would you guys feel about this?

So EB who failed to install and design a pro-style offense that he is familiar with is going to be tasked to install and design a copy of the Oregon offense? Sounds like a great plan there. Got to say though that the B4life crew deserves some credit for pulling off a perfect coup d'etat if they get this plan done.

you literally have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

I love how he just strings words together to what he thinks is a coherent thought. I mean, one doesn't say more 5 WR sets and immediately follow that with using the TE more, right?

Back