What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike Bobo agrees to become Colorado State's football coach

All hires are a crapshoot. Bobo doesn't impress me, but neither did Sparkles and he turned out great. Of course when you look closer, Sparkles had a very impressive resume with multiple coaching stops under very respected coaches and won a lot of hardware at Alabama. Bobo has none of that. Should be fun. Doubt he becomes the 2nd coach in CSU history to beat Colorado in his first try.
^^^^^This^^^^^

Still seems like a weird hire to me. Georgia basically has had as much offensive talent as any team in the country, guys (Green, Stafford, Chubb, Gurley, Marshall, Michel, etc.) he will have shot of luring west to CSU.

This hire is underwhelming to me. I thought CSU had better options who were expressing interest.

Bottom line business, though. We'll know in about 24 months whether this was a good hire.

I think CSU went to the well one too many times. The "Hiring a coordinator from an SEC school" trick might work again for them, but there is a lot less meat on this hire than the Sparkles hire. I was kind of worried they'd end up with Frost, which of course means that Bobo will be fantastic and Frost will be a complete washout.

Any idea what kind of staff he'll put together?

Will Friend (offensive line coach) is leaving the Georgia staff to come with Bobo as the offensive coordinator. Rumored that former UAB head coach, Bill Clark, may come on as the defensive coordinator.

Last edited:
Sounds like a French circus seal.

ml2EG0x.png

Will Friend (offensive line coach) is leaving the Georgia staff to come with Bobo as the offensive coordinator. Rumored that former UAB head coach, Bill Clark, may come over as the defensive coordinator.

First time OC coming over with a first time HC? Hmmm... I seem to be having some deja vu. I don't really care one way or the other if this works out for you guys but if I were you, I'd hope Bobo gets some tie-ins on the West Coast too. You can't expect to build an entire team in Ft Collins on SEC/ACC rejects.

First time OC coming over with a first time HC? Hmmm... I seem to be having some deja vu. I don't really care one way or the other if this works out for you guys but if I were you, I'd hope Bobo gets some tie-ins on the West Coast too. You can't expect to build an entire team in Ft Collins on SEC/ACC rejects.
I'd hope he doesn't. like the avatar pic!

I am guessing that Bobo will call the plays. That question will probably be addressed in the presser set to begin shortly. Definitely need to get some guys on staff with western recruiting connections.

Last edited:
I am guessing that Bobo will call the plays. That question will probably be addressed in the presser set to begin shortly.

And my hubby just texted me that there are more UGA coaches coming with Bobo but he didn't say who. I think he hopes that this is the beginning of the end for HCMR.

And my hubby just texted me that there are more UGA coaches coming with Bobo but he didn't say who. I think he hopes that this is the beginning of the end for HCMR.

My wife went to UGA so I watch and cheer for them almost every weekend. To this day - I still don't understand the hatred for Mark Richt that some UGA fans harbor. The guy is a damn good football coach.

Last edited:
My wife went to UGA so I watch and cheer for them almost every weekend. To this day - I still don't understand the hatred for Mark Richt that some UGA fans harbor.
It's quite simple. Two biggest rivals have won national championships more recently and SEC championships are in the distant past now.

Introductory presser going on right now.

Boy does he talk slow. I know things happen a bit slower down south, but man...

Honey Bobo works so well.

My wife went to UGA so I watch and cheer for them almost every weekend. To this day - I still don't understand the hatred for Mark Richt that some UGA fans harbor. The guy is a damn good football coach.

Uh-oh - Csquared & I are kindred Dawg fans.

Auburn, Bama, Florida, LSU all have won national titles in the recent past. Richt can't beat the ol' ball coach and manages to lose to a lesser team at least once every year. With all of the talent that they have, they are getting left behind in the SEC.

Says he is going to recruit Cali, TX, and OK. Hmm he has exactly 0 ties in those regions right now. Going to be tough sledding.

Uh-oh - Csquared & I are kindred Dawg fans.

Auburn, Bama, Florida, LSU all have won national titles in the recent past. Richt can't beat the ol' ball coach and manages to lose to a lesser team at least once every year. With all of the talent that they have, they are getting left behind in the SEC.

Any truth to the rumor that Freshman QB Brice Ramsey may be transferring to CSU to follow Bobo?

Any truth to the rumor that Freshman QB Brice Ramsey may be transferring to CSU to follow Bobo?

Hadn't heard that. Makes no sense since he'll be the starter next year & would have to sit out a year at CSU. Plus, Bobo wouldn't be his coach anymore (in the QB sense). But nothing college kids do in response to coaches leaving really shocks me anymore.

I'd be very impressed if Bobo could convince a GA kid to leave a SEC school to haul across the country, sit a year, just to play in the MWC. Sounds far fetched, to say the least

I'd be very impressed if Bobo could convince a GA kid to leave a SEC school to haul across the country, sit a year, just to play in the MWC. Sounds far fetched, to say the least

Seems pretty far fetched to me as well. Just an unsubstantiated rumor someone pointed out on twitter.

Bobo's contract numbers released: Five-year deal that will pay a base salary of $1.35 million. Buyout will be $5 million and the salary will increase by $100,000 each year, earning him a maximum of $1.75 million should he stay through 2019. $2.4 million for the assistant pool. A $200,000 increase from the previous staff.

Last edited:
Back