What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike Bobo agrees to become Colorado State's football coach

I'll admit that I went over to read lambnation on their thoughts. They are ejaculating all over each other in excitement and think that CSU is now an easily sustainable super power in the G-5 conferences. So can't wait to kick their ass this fall.

It seems like a great hire to me ... the worst thing is I'm not sure if we could pull a much better hire if mm2 doesn't work out. I think we are looking at the coordinator ranks if things don't improve

Bobo's contract numbers released: Five-year deal that will pay a base salary of $1.35 million. Buyout will be $5 million and the salary will increase by $100,000 each year, earning him a maximum of $1.75 million should he stay through 2019. $2.4 million for the assistant pool. A $200,000 increase from the previous staff.

I think it is a pretty good hire for CSU assuming it did its due diligence and didn't just send feelers out to every SEC coordinator and offer the first one that responded. My question is where the heck does this money comes from?

It seems like a great hire to me ... the worst thing is I'm not sure if we could pull a much better hire if mm2 doesn't work out. I think we are looking at the coordinator ranks if things don't improve
100% confident we would pull a better hire

I think it is a pretty good hire for CSU assuming it did its due diligence and didn't just send feelers out to every SEC coordinator and offer the first one that responded. My question is where the heck does this money comes from?

A Better question to ask is, where the heck does all the money UC earn go? Been making 10 times the money CSU has for years and not much to show for it.

A Better question to ask is, where the heck does all the money UC earn go? Been making 10 times the money CSU has for years and not much to show for it.

Hookers and blow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The CU AD doesn't receive a $15MM annual subsidy from the CU general fund.

Until ground actually gets broken on that stadium of yours I don't want to hear it.

We do not receive the subsidy that the Rams do. We have a 56,000 person stadium to maintain. We had to pay off 3 coaches, and a move between conferences. If you want to see where the money goes, then I am sure you can find the AD's budget for the year relatively easily.

It was a rhetorical question, bobo. CSU is leveraging student fees and taxpayer funds to sustain an athletic program that isn't capable of supporting itself. You're not in a place to criticize where CU's money goes.

I never understood the UC thing. You do realize that calling us UC reinforces that we are THE University of Colorado, right?

It was a rhetorical question, bobo. CSU is leveraging student fees and taxpayer funds to sustain an athletic program that isn't capable of supporting itself. You're not in a place to criticize where CU's money goes.

I never understood the UC thing. You do realize that calling us UC reinforces that we are THE University of Colorado, right?

Ya I never understood that whole "diss" either. The CU thing was a Big-8/12 colloquialism. It also help differentiate our school from UC-LA,SB,B,SD,etc. Unless they are trying to diss us on our Californian population at our school in which case I say bring on the out of state $$$.

It is like when people try to diss the team by eating buffalo burgers. That doesn't make me mad, it makes me hungry. Buffalo is damn delicious.

He may be in Ft. Fun, but his heart (and contacts) is/ are still in Georgia-

[tweet]550341411820683264[/tweet]

This hire is underwhelming to me. I thought CSU had better options who were expressing interest.

Bottom line business, though. We'll know in about 24 months whether this was a good hire.

And if it was a good hire CSU will be looking to repeat it a third time because he will either be gone or looking hard.

If it's a bad hire they will be stuck because their athletic budget doesn't leave much room for buying out $4 million + of contract.

Prolly all he can do on short notice but he'll have to recruit the west to succeed.

That and attempt to poach the current classes of AFA and Wyoming by promoting bowl matchups against the Pac-12. Might we see some more Juco action because of the limited time to develop prep relationships. I think so.

Sparkles was already raiding JUCOs (wisely).. That will continue
Sent from my Windows Phone

Sparkles was already raiding JUCOs (wisely).. That will continue
Sent from my Windows Phone

One advantage of coming from the SEC is knowing all the kids from the SEC schools who got steered to the JUCOs after being the 26th- 35th kid signed by various SEC programs.

Back