What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike Bohn vows changes are coming

The more I watch these Buffs. They are not being coached very well at all. I wanted it to work, but it is time to cut the cord and move on. Can not afford to wait and slip backwards anymore, but it's going to cost some money

It will actually save some money, or at least break even. Buyout Embree and pay good money for a new coaching staff will equal increased ticket/concession sales to offset the losses in revenue by keeping him.

Can we make the change happen BEFORE I travel out for the Washington and Utah games... I already bought tickets for my whole family :cry: I want something... anything to root for. That was a lot of $$$... I could have just bought $10 tickets damn it.

We will hire the Mines guy, a coach from Mesa, one from Regis, and Logan. Victory is imminent.

The best move they could make right now - mid-stream in a bad season - would be to bring in McCartney in a " Senior Head Coach" role. Announce it as a temporary measure to help this staff succeed. Give Mac permission to reassign or fire coaches. I trust him more than any other characters in this debacle.

The best move they could make right now - mid-stream in a bad season - would be to bring in McCartney in a " Senior Head Coach" role. Announce it as a temporary measure to help this staff succeed. Give Mac permission to reassign or fire coaches. I trust him more than any other characters in this debacle.

seriously?

back to Mac has us in this crap we are in now.

i can't believe CU fan thinking sometimes.

rediculous.

I couldn't disagree more. I actually trust Mac LESS than most of the characters in this debacle. He has as much responsibility for the mess we're in as anyone. No more Mac.

I am sick of all this talk about band-aid fixes or changing a few assistants or bringing in Mac as consultant. Make a god damm real change, and yes that includes the head coach!

I am sick of all this talk about band-aid fixes or changing a few assistants or bringing in Mac as consultant. Make a god damm real change, and yes that includes the head coach!

You are my hero.....number one in pro and college pickem!

CU is reactive, and half assed in their remedy to any situation...I'll believe a positive move when I see one.

Hiring a local DII RMAC coach will really show 'em what we're made of!! Nevermind that it does nothing about the biggest (non-admin) problem we have: our head coach. We have sunk so low and are such a joke that it's simply unbelievable. We simply do not deserve to be in the Pac-12 or any BCS conference.

Hiring a local DII RMAC coach will really show 'em what we're made of!! Nevermind that it does nothing about the biggest (non-admin) problem we have: our head coach. We have sunk so low and are such a joke that it's simply unbelievable. We simply do not deserve to be in the Pac-12 or any BCS conference.

Ha. Exactly. Death spiral.

Could you imagine a Big 10, SEC, or Big 12 school running their program this way? Or even an ACC non-football school for that matter? Of course not.

That's why I posted the news about UK firing their coach in this forum. Talk about one of the ultimate non-football schools, yet they don't let their coach last a full 3 years and he hasn't been anywhere near as close to bad as this regime has been.

Could you imagine a Big 10, SEC, or Big 12 school running their program this way? Or even an ACC non-football school for that matter? Of course not.

That's why I posted the news about UK firing their coach in this forum. Talk about one of the ultimate non-football schools, yet they don't let their coach last a full 3 years and he hasn't been anywhere near as close to bad as this regime has been.

Supposedly a firing of Embree would be frowned upon from a minority perspective....remind me, how long was Turner Gill at KU?

Yep, even Wake and Duke would not tolerate this. Want evidence? They've each gone out and found competent head coaches and Duke is now pumping 250 million into athletics, the vast majority for football. Not talk. Action. It's so clear that Embree has to go, that it's really not even debatable for any rational CU fan. There is no excuse, yet that's all we keep receiving.

Yep, even Wake and Duke would not tolerate this. Want evidence? They've each gone out and found competent head coaches and Duke is now pumping 250 million into athletics, the vast majority for football. Not talk. Action. It's so clear that Embree has to go, that it's really not even debatable for any rational CU fan. There is no excuse, yet that's all we keep receiving.

Duke has some of the smartest people on the planet running their university. They recognize the value of a strong athletic program, and how it complements academics.

Duke has some of the smartest people on the planet running their university. They recognize the value of a strong athletic program, and how it complements academics.

I think CU realizes that as well. They're oblivious to the fact that building a football program requires significant investment because it's an arms race between schools these days with facilities and whatnot. They're unwilling to abandon the delusion that they can build a winning program on the cheap. That's why they're floating ideas about hiring a division two coach to be OC as the salvation of the football program next year. He'll come cheap.

I couldn't disagree more. I actually trust Mac LESS than most of the characters in this debacle. He has as much responsibility for the mess we're in as anyone. No more Mac.

How so? Because he supported Embree after he was hired? Don't forget that Mac wanted the job before he wanted Embree to have it.

One thing Mac was never afraid to do was bring in guys who were smarter than him. God knows we need smart football people right now.

Not to mention, i haven't read a single suggestion from anyone that will make a damn bit of difference. "Fire Embree and get a new coach!" Yeah, like Bohn and his confidants will get it right on the third try. Sticking with Embree makes ten times more sense than that.

Mac knows how to use what talent he has to win.

How so? Because he supported Embree after he was hired? Don't forget that Mac wanted the job before he wanted Embree to have it.

One thing Mac was never afraid to do was bring in guys who were smarter than him. God knows we need smart football people right now.

Not to mention, i haven't read a single suggestion from anyone that will make a damn bit of difference. "Fire Embree and get a new coach!" Yeah, like Bohn and his confidants will get it right on the third try. Sticking with Embree makes ten times more sense than that.

Because Mac's allegiance to "his guys" and his mission to propel an African American to head coach at CU has made it impossible to evaluate this situation objectively IMO. Mac was a great coach, but that was over 20 years ago and he's not doing this program any favors by injecting himself into the AD the way he does.

Because Mac's allegiance to "his guys" and his mission to propel an African American to head coach at CU has made it impossible to evaluate this situation objectively IMO. Mac was a great coach, but that was over 20 years ago and he's not doing this program any favors by injecting himself into the AD the way he does.

Correct.

Mac also hasn't coached since I was two. He forced this Embree hire along with Buffs4Life and they are holding this program back by not admitting they were wrong.

And don't give me the Snyder came back. He was coaching much more recently and was out of the game for a few years but he was in the AD during the time frame.

Mac also hasn't coached since I was two. He forced this Embree hire along with Buffs4Life and they are holding this program back by not admitting they were wrong.

And don't give me the Snyder came back. He was coaching much more recently and was out of the game for a few years but he was in the AD during the time frame.

He started coaching when I was 22, and stopped when I was 35. He's the one guy I've seen that knows how to demand excellence out of the people that work for him. The program started the downhill slide the day he left, and it's continued. Now here we are, at rock bottom.

I have yet to hear a SINGLE suggestion that I can get excited about. Hire a retread coach? Hire a coach who'd be crazy to risk his career coming here? Hire a guy from some lower division?

Any of those solutions relies on the DOPES that truly got us into this mess in the first place.

No thanks. Give me the one guy who figured it out here. We actually have that as an option, and we're too goddam stubborn and arrogant to consider it.

Sorry man but not correct. Mac wanted the job. He actively lobbied for getting the job for himself. He did not lobby for Embree to get it. Once Embree got him he supported him, but to blame any of this on Mac is just full on retarded.

He started coaching when I was 22, and stopped when I was 35. He's the one guy I've seen that knows how to demand excellence out of the people that work for him. The program started the downhill slide the day he left, and it's continued. Now here we are, at rock bottom.

I have yet to hear a SINGLE suggestion that I can get excited about. Hire a retread coach? Hire a coach who'd be crazy to risk his career coming here? Hire a guy from some lower division?

Any of those solutions relies on the DOPES that truly got us into this mess in the first place.

No thanks. Give me the one guy who figured it out here. We actually have that as an option, and we're too goddam stubborn and arrogant to consider it.

First of all Mac is the ultimate retread coach, but that's not really the point. Mac has a huge responsibility for the mess we are in, if you think he was upset that Embree got this job then I don 't know what to tell you.

The problem I have here is that Mac is waaaaay too involved in the AD decision making process at this point, and it's made much worse because he lots of influence without a shred of accountability. He's free to push for and support coaches without being responsible for their ultimate success or failure. He's not the one who's ass is on the line when things go bad and they just turned really, really bad. He gets to go back to his radio show and speaking at alumni functions and is always the great Bill McCartney whil Bohn and others are left with a decimated program and their jobs in grave danger.

That's my problem with Mac. If the admin wants Mac calling the shots then make him AD, otherwise he needs to get the f**k our of the way and let people do their jobs.

Nobody dare wanted MAC, he's too out of Otuch with today's game. BILL SNYDER A-HOLES..BILL EFFING SNYDER A-HOLES,

this

Back