What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre: 2012 Colorado Coaching Search Profile (Signed Colorado)

Of course, if one of his assistants gets the HC gig with SJSU, that might change those numbers a bit.

If we're paying top Pac-12 money, we better get a top Pac-12 staff. That is all

Hopefully we would have the good sense to not blow the entire assistant coach salary pool ($2.6MM+) on just his staff of guys from SJSU. I'm under the impression that if those guys come along, we'll pay them significantly less than the resources we have available.

The NCAA allows a team to have a head coach, nine (9) assistant coaches and 2 graduate assistant coaches.

MacIntyre is planning to bring FOUR (4) assistant coaches with him. Offensive coordinator / defensive coordinator / Defensive Line coach and Defensive back coach. The strength and conditioning coach doesn't count as one of the coaches. (NCAA Rule 11.7.2.1.1)

So it looks like MacIntyre will need to find five (5) assistant coaches to join his staff.

Heard something very interesting and very encouraging. I was at lunch today with my dad and a NU booster who talked to Osborne a few days ago and Osborne said that "he believes MacIntyre is the next coaching superstar"

Now, we all hate Osborne and NU but someone with his résumé is saying something IMO.

FWIW...

That's a meaningful endorsement.

Cruella knows college football coaching.

ncf_u_osborne_400.jpg
cruella1.jpg

That's a meaningful endorsement.

Cruella knows college football coaching.

ncf_u_osborne_400.jpg
cruella1.jpg

Did he hire the idiot from Oakland or was that before he was the ad? Also wasnt ratso slopitch his hand picked successor?

In this instance however I hope he's the freaking Nostradamus of football.

He did not hire Callahan
Solich was his recommended successor

Solich is no miracle worker but has done reasonably well at Ohio. Callahan was a disaster but that's not on Osborne.

With all that has happened do you think they might wish that they had given Solich some more time, Pelini is a ticking time bomb and hasn't won more than Solich did.

Solich is no miracle worker but has done reasonably well at Ohio. Callahan was a disaster but that's not on Osborne.

With all that has happened do you think they might wish that they had given Solich some more time, Pelini is a ticking time bomb and hasn't won more than Solich did.

How many other coaches in Ohio history have four 9+ win seasons?

Solich is no miracle worker but has done reasonably well at Ohio. Callahan was a disaster because he's not Osborne.

FiFY

Solich went 58-19 at Nebraska, went to 2 BCS bowls, and finished in the top 10 three times. The year he got fired, they went 9-3. He got fired because Nebraska fan believes they are entitled to 10 wins and a conference title every season.

Solich went 58-19 at Nebraska, went to 2 BCS bowls, and finished in the top 10 three times. The year he got fired, they went 9-3. He got fired because Nebraska fan believes they are entitled to 10 wins and a conference title every season.

Supposively the corn faithful didn't believe that Solich was good enough to get them a NC and another coach would. He had them a lot closer than they have been since. I agree with the earlier post that said the biggest problem with Solich is that he wasn't Osborne but he did as well or better than anyone they have had since.

I am hearing that MikeMac's (and staff) work rate is 2x that of the previous two staffs.

Don't know what that means exactly, but sounds good.

It means they are working 4x as hard as HaLkins' staff, and 8x as hard as Barney's staff. Honestly, just like the off season training has never been harder, and player-lead summer practices have never had more participation and been more organized, it seems like we hear this about every new staff.

I too like to hear that, but fercrysakes, lets get this season underway so we can see the puddin' (where the proof is).

Back