What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre: Does He Make It Through 2016?

How long will Mike MacIntyre last?

• 1 game: Loss to CSU and Rick George says **** it, time to make a statement!

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • 2- games: Buffs lose to CSU and a D-IAA program? Gone

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 3-4 games: Michigan and Oregon are certain losses, but if they get embarrassed?!

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • 5-6 games: Buffs sitting at 2-3 or 2-4 may spark this.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • 7-8 games: I have Buffs at 3-5 after 8. Does needing to go 3-1 in last 4 make George.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 9-10 games: Buffs are not bowl eligible in this timeframe and makes it easy

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • 11-12 games: Two winnable home games and if Buffs are 4-6 going into them, he HAS to win both.

Votes: 37 21.0%
  • 2017 Extension: Buffs make a bowl and continue to show improvement.

Votes: 86 48.9%

• Total voters
At QB, he has not really improved the talent or depth, which is specifically what I was talking about. The long-term outlook at that position is rather suspect.
I agree that the QB position hasn't improved.

It seems like you're really stretching to see last year in a good light. To just about everybody's eyeballs, last year was a regression. Yes, Sefo's injury was a large part of that, but it was a team that returned most it's talent and still regressed.
34% score differential improvement is regressing? I think the team disappointed , the offense regressed. The team as a whole did not.

For those of you who don't follow recruiting, we are looking very good for QB Tyler Lytle. Here is his offer list:
Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona State, Boston College, California, CSU, Columbia, Cornell, Fresno State, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, LA-Lafayette, Miami, Oregon State, Pittsburgh, Purdue, SDSU, Temple, UNLV, UTSA, Vanderbilt, Washington State, Wyoming, Yale
Notice that he has a number of other P5 offers. He also has a bunch of Ivy League offers, which shows he is a smart kid in addition to being big, strong and athletic.

Contrast that with Sam Noyer's offer list:
Reported Offers: COLORADO, Eastern Washington, Hawaii, Wyoming
No other P5 offers.

And Steven Montez's offer list:
Reported Offers: COLORADO, Air Force, New Mexico State, UTEP
No other P5 offers.

And Cade Apsay's offer list:
Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona, Eastern Washington, New Mexico, Northern Colorado
One other P5 offer.

The level of talent that we are in on is at another level. No, it's not going to help for awhile, but it shows that we are turning the corner in recruiting. If Lytle goes elsewhere (and I don't think he will), we are in on a number of other QBs with nice P5 offer lists. Given that we already have two fantastic 4* receivers committed, we're very likely to land one of them. Yes, MMac has failed to recruit well overall and at QB in particular. But I really believe that this next class is going to be a game changer thanks to the staff changes and the completion of the facilities. Preaching patience after all our misery is hard to swallow, but I think it will pay off. I'm not a sunshine pumper. I was ready to move on from Hawkins after a couple of seasons and Embree after half a season. I see progress with this staff, though. That said, if we get off to a disastrous start I would be in favor of giving Leavitt a shot.

CU is not in "much better shape" than it was 4 years ago. This is just bull****. Everyone said the same thing under Hawkins and under Embree (early on).

"Holy **** guys, we almost [but didn't] landed recruit ______. We are seriously upgrading the talent!"

Hopefully no one needs to articulate how ridiculous this line of argument is.

Bottom line: we still don't have a quarterback, 4 years later. We have not upgraded the talent at all. We have huge question marks -- or even more simply, gaping holes -- at every position on the field except maybe defensive back.

34% score differential improvement is regressing? I think the team disappointed , the offense regressed. The team as a whole did not.

So lets get this straight, your expectations for this season are: ________________

and if Mac doesn't meet those expectations, you think RG should ______________ Mac.

CU is not in "much better shape" than it was 4 years ago. This is just bull****. Everyone said the same thing under Hawkins and under Embree (early on).

"Holy **** guys, we almost [but didn't] landed recruit ______. We are seriously upgrading the talent!"

Bottom line: we still don't have a quarterback, 4 years later. We have not upgraded the talent at all.
First, "everyone" did not say the same thing under those guys and, second, we have definitely upgraded talent. And FWIW, I think Montez and Noyer are, indeed, quarterbacks.

So lets get this straight, your expectations for this season are: ________________

and if Mac doesn't meet those expectations, you think RG should ______________ Mac.

Are we playing Mad Libs? Hmmm. It's been a lot of years, but if I remember my elementary school hilarity the correct answers are "fart" and "boobs".

I like MMAC and I hope he proves the haters wrong this year.
The thing that has let many doubts about MMAC creep into my mind is how unprepared his football teams seem to be coming into their first game each season. His teams improve miles by the end of each year, after it is too late. That is a major coaching issue. Spring practices also seem so blah. If, with a big senior class, we come out and lose big to CSU or are forced to play a competitive game against Idaho State, my doubts will be confirmed.

Are we playing Mad Libs? Hmmm. It's been a lot of years, but if I remember my elementary school hilarity the correct answers are "fart" and "boobs".

I figure it's easier than everyone going back and forth on some obscure stats that support their argument and just cut to the chase, yadig?

I figure it's easier than everyone going back and forth on some obscure stats that support their argument and just cut to the chase, yadig?
w8i6ho2.gif

I think when you get to your 4th season somewhere regardless of the situation you inherited you should at least have a .500 season. Yes MM took over the worst P5 team in the country. And yes he has made them respectable again in terms of not losing by as much. But it's time to win now. There are no more reasons to say we can't. Facilities and support from the President to the chancellor to the AD MM has been given all the tools. No more excuses. I believe year 4 was when coach Mac1 turned the corner and started winning year after year. Anything less then 6 wins and MM has to go.

Bottom line: we still don't have a quarterback, 4 years later. We have not upgraded the talent at all. We have huge question marks -- or even more simply, gaping holes -- at every position on the field except maybe defensive back.
Dude, if you can't recognize how far we've come in the last four years, you're blind. This program was a raging dumpster fire. An absolute atrocity.
While it's true that our QB situation hasn't improved, most other areas of the team have. If you can't see that, you have an agenda.

Dude, if you can't recognize how far we've come in the last four years, you're blind. This program was a raging dumpster fire. An absolute atrocity.
While it's true that our QB situation hasn't improved, most other areas of the team have. If you can't see that, you have an agenda.
I had to bite my tongue 04's post. And I do have a lot of hope for Montez. It seems like a poor spring game showing has lowered everyone's expectations. I read one internet rumor that other than the spring game he impressed a lot of people.

I think the key is who the qb is-if Sefo isn't ready and we play Montez, I think he's gotta be given more time.....and Brian Lindgren becomes a fall guy. I don't see RG firing a coach because he won 4 games with a redshirt freshman qb. If Sefo is back, bowl or bust.

Anything less than bowl eligibility = fired.

Unless he's got a top 30 recruiting class coming in.

That would complicate things.

But I don't think he could ever get the second without getting the first.

So, bowl game or bust.

I have stood behind Mike MacIntyre and felt he was a solid hire when Butch Jones spurned the Buffs, but the simple fact is he is on one of the hottest seats in college football.

He came to CU and immediately made multiple mistakes we are seeing prevalent today and I have seen discussed at great lengths. The biggest being his loyalty to his WAC/MWC staff for a Power 5 program and a strength coach not suited for it either. His best recruiters in order are: Chev, Leavitt, Tumpkin, Adams, Hagan and then Bernardi, Jeffcoat and Lindgren have all been failures.

2-25 in Pac 12 play and a 10-27 overall record is a clear indicator that MacIntyre didn't have all things in place. The program was at it's lowest, but he did it no service with waiting too long to cut bait with some coaches and not bringing in a better staff from Day 1. Rick George is at his wit's end I am sure and probably has a very short leash.
How do you know the athletic director is at wits end? Do you eat lunch with him? Play golf with him? Are you a big time donor? If none if the above STFU because you know nothing.

I like MMAC and I hope he proves the haters wrong this year.
The thing that has let many doubts about MMAC creep into my mind is how unprepared his football teams seem to be coming into their first game each season. His teams improve miles by the end of each year, after it is too late.

Sounds like a homeless mans Gary Barnett.

How do you know the athletic director is at wits end? Do you eat lunch with him? Play golf with him? Are you a big time donor? If none if the above STFU because you know nothing.
How do you know Rick George is willing to put up with another 4 Win season? Did you not read his expectations? Bowl game is his expectations and what he was led to believe was possible last year. His patience for the main revenue generating sport and losing potential dollars due to a **** product is evident in his past/demeanor so STFU and **** off.

If Montez is as good as the talk makes him out to be, that should show in 2016.
While I admit I'm intrigued by him, he will still be a RS freshman. Webb would've bought him valuable time and he could've gotten some spot game experience. If I had to bet on him succeeding early, I'd have to bet against him. The best scenario, like it or not, is Sefo getting healthy.

Last edited:

Most other areas? OL, Lb special teams.

How do you know Rick George is willing to put up with another 4 Win season? Did you not read his expectations? Bowl game is his expectations and what he was led to believe was possible last year. His patience for the main revenue generating sport and losing potential dollars due to a **** product is evident in his past/demeanor so STFU and **** off.
So you admit you know jack **** and make stuff up. ****ing troll.

Most other areas? OL, Lb special teams.
I agree. I have to admit I thought our depth at nearly all positions would be much better at this point. I suppose, on paper, the starters at many positions may be better than when MikeMac took over, but the depth is still pretty bad. We've got a lot of kids that probably wouldn't make the team at most of the other PAC programs, let alone be expected to be starters at some point.

I sure wish they had seen the light on recruiting earlier. At least we see them going after tons of JUCOs to try to fill the gaps.

Back