What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre officially fired effective immediately

Just read that some football rumor sites are claiming RG is going after Les Miles to get him before Kansas does. I for one would be thrilled with having the Mad Hatter in Boulder. If so, I bet we get college game day next year and we have enough talent to be competitive without rebuilding (have to admit HCMM was good for CU IMO building respect for the program and keeping us competitive in the majority of games in the past 3 years. Now its time to put CU back on top.

Another thing, if true, and HCMM will coach out the rest of the season, you have to wonder how it effects team morale. Would love to see them go out with a bang and win at least 1 of 2 and go to a bowl and maybe our new coach lead CU in the bowl.

giphy.gif

It’s time to get the Mad Hatter. I also want to say that MM has brought a sense of unity and leadership to a complete dumpster fire after Hawkins got through with it and Embree had to deal with it. MM is a good rebuilder but not sustainer. I would have loved to see him carry things on. It just wasn’t meant to be. Now......go get the Mad Hatter.

Last edited:
Meh, the coaching search has to begin and once it does everyone will know..
I don’t care if it gets out or not. This is something that had to be known since the collapse vs OSU. Most universities that know football is the most important money maker for the athletic dept; deal with it without being whiny and PC about it. It’s a business and that’s what you do; hire and fire.

I don’t care if it gets out or not. This is something that had to be known since the collapse vs OSU. Most universities that know football is the most important money maker for the athletic dept; deal with it without being whiny and PC about it. It’s a business and that’s what you do; hire and fire.
Whiny and PC? WTF are you even talking about?

These things happen because the AD wants to move on a specific candidate. If true, this means RG is not going anywhere! Good and good. MM has been a stabilizer and a builder. He should not be considered a total failure especially because of the 2016 season. The program and facilities are in good shape for the next step up.

Obviously fantastic news if it true but CU needs to come out with a statement ASAP instead of letting this story just sit out there with no comment.

Mike Mac is scheduled for his normal Tuesday press conference. Wonder if this still happens. A lot will be known soon enough.

If true? I have really mixed emotions. HCMM is a good Man, and a good coach. I really wanted him to succeed here, and I think he was really close to being a great coach. The slow to move on staff changes and recruiting are what did him in. I do believe he has an eye for talent and he runs very organized practices. It takes more than that 2/3 diamonds in the rough season in season out. We need to be consistently pulling in 4* talent with a 5* thrown in every couple seasons to go along with the few "finds". Need to develop an identity on offense that recruits will want to gravitate towards. He did drag us from the pits and made us almost respectable. I will root for him no matter where he goes.

If true? I have really mixed emotions. HCMM is a good Man, and a good coach. I really wanted him to succeed here, and I think he was really close to being a great coach. The slow to move on staff changes and recruiting are what did him in. I do believe he has an eye for talent and he runs very organized practices. It takes more than that 2/3 diamonds in the rough season in season out. We need to be consistently pulling in 4* talent with a 5* thrown in every couple seasons to go along with the few "finds". Need to develop an identity on offense that recruits will want to gravitate towards. He did drag us from the pits and made us almost respectable. I will root for him no matter where he goes.

This is exactly why the timing of him leaving is so good. Let’s part ways on amicable terms where the situation isn’t toxic and both parties come out looking good based on the positives of what was accomplished during the MM era.

"part ways" is an interesting phrase....i hope MM lands on his feet. but, it's time.

not a fan of Miles....feels like Chuck Fairbanks part 2 to me.....but, my rosy outlook born of seeing Tony Reed run up the south embankment to beat OU in my first game at Folsom (thanks Dad)....has been seriously damaged the last decade.

willing to give Lester a chance if it's him. we need someone to win 7-9 games a year a few years in a row at minimum.

we all know how fast the bottom can come up. not much margin for error where we are now imo.

Last edited:
He is a good man and coach and did all he could for CU...which was impressive! Taking the absolute worst P5 program and making us relevant in 4 years and division champs is a great achievement. He simply doesn't have what it takes to consistently compete in the PAC12 and needs to go. Bring on Les Miles!!! Woot!

Back