What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike Riley to Nebraska

I thought he'd retire a Beaver. Why Nebraska?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

He had pretty well maxed out what he could do with the Beavers.

Nebraska isn't what it used to be but they have huge resources. A guy like Riley may look at that situation and think he can get them into NC contention.

And I'm sure that the nubs didn't insult him with the contract offer either.

Great hire. The anti-Pelini.

This is very true but I'm not sure it will work. Riley has a very "aw shucks" attitude in pressers, win or lose. I'm not sure that'll go over well in Lincoln after a loss.

Holy Moly, Mike Riley to NU. Did not see that one coming. HUGE. IMO, Mike Riley is probably one of the best in the business, definitely top three. Excellent hire by the Corn.

riley is a great hire, indeed. they are going to be a tough out in a couple years when we play them. that's what a "home run" hire looks like.

This is a good hire, IMO. Riley is completely opposite of Pelini. Can't blame Nebraska here. Will be interesting who Riley brings in for his assistants. He's not a world beater on the recruiting trail, but the guy can coach with the best.

I went over to one of the corn boards and they are stunned. Think it's a horrible hire and the AD should be fired. ****ing idots.

Wow - trade a coach who wins 9 games every year for a coach who loses almost 9 games every year.

Good move for Riley. After going 5-7 in 2014, Oregon state has non-conference games at Michigan (2015) at Minnesota (2016) and had Boise on the schedule in 2016 as well. He picked a good time to leave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went over to one of the corn boards and they are stunned. Think it's a horrible hire and the AD should be fired. ****ing idots.

With all the resources and all the talk of what the AD didn't like in Pelini...we hire a 2 and 7 conference coach from the bottom of the PAC who's only quality win was ASU this year and almost lost to you guys. He's barely over.500 and his bowl wins are unimpressive, he sucked dick in the NFL, hasn't won a conference championship and hasn't come close since 2008.

Like seriously WTF

So pissed right now.

With all the resources and all the talk of what the AD didn't like in Pelini...we hire a 2 and 7 conference coach from the bottom of the PAC who's only quality win was ASU this year and almost lost to you guys. He's barely over.500 and his bowl wins are unimpressive, he sucked dick in the NFL, hasn't won a conference championship and hasn't come close since 2008.

Like seriously WTF

So pissed right now.

Without Riley OSU is a total bottom feeder (and will be again). You guys will look pretty good in a 2-3 years.

Mike Riley to Nebraska (Breaking out since it directly effects a Pac team)

place holder - please use this thread to discuss this while i figure out where the **** the other posts went

Did you expect Saban, Harbaugh or Miles? Get real man.

No I expected a coach with AT LEAST a winning record on the year we hire him. No, wait....what was I thinking. Let's can a guy who beat Georgia in a bowl game last year and gets to go to another new years day bowl again this year and hire a guy who didn't get one at all.

Logical.

Like seriously WTF

So pissed right now.
Riley is a good coach. Anyone who did what he did at OSU should get a statue made of them. It will be interesting how he recruits to Nebraska. That has been his Achilles heel.

What is Riley thinking leaving a place where he was effectively coach for life for a place where they will immediately hate him if he doesn't change his whole offense?

This might sound like a Buff hating on the Nubs, but in the final analysis, he's got no more chance at the CFP in Lincoln than he did in Corvallis. It's a has-been program.

Without Riley OSU is a total bottom feeder (and will be again). You guys will look pretty good in a 2-3 years.

With Riley, the Cougars have occasionally (like this year) been bottom feeders.

Riley has done some good things - but if I was a fan of a team used to winning 9+ games each year and my AD hired a guy who is 29-33 over the past five years (with only 2 winning seasons in that span) - I wouldn't be thrilled.

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Nebraska has hired Mike Riley to lead its football program.
Riley, 61, comes from Oregon State, at which he coached since 2003 after a three-year stint as coach of the San Diego Chargers.
"It is truly an honor to join the University of Nebraska family," Riley said in a statement released by Nebraska. "Though we love Corvallis and Oregon State, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to coach at one of the nation's most storied football programs and I can't wait to get started."
Riley will be introduced at a news conference on Friday morning at Memorial Stadium. The coach will begin work immediately, but he will not be involved in bowl preparation.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...aska-hires-mike-riley-replace-fired-bo-pelini

For CU, the thing we want to watch most closely is what coaches Riley brings with him from OSU and who gets let go at Nebraska. There is some serious assistant coaching talent on both staffs and MacIntyre may have some opportunities here.

With Riley, the Cougars have occasionally (like this year) been bottom feeders.

Riley has done some good things - but if I was a fan of a team used to winning 9+ games each year and my AD hired a guy who is 29-33 over the past five years (with only 2 winning seasons in that span) - I wouldn't be thrilled.

Huh?

Stick to the Big 12, dude.

Tell that to Dennis Erickson and notre dame. Seriously though I am shocked by this.

(this was supposed to quote the bottom feeder comment but Im an idiot)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Riley is a good coach. Anyone who did what he did at OSU should get a statue made of them. It will be interesting how he recruits to Nebraska. That has been his Achilles heel.

He didn't do ****! He left to go suck asshole in the NFL and Erickson came in and did just as well if not better. He did ok a few years after coming back but they suck again. They sucked before that because it was the 90s and football was different back then. The powerhouses of yesteryear have given way to the internet and standardized training and facilities.

Terrible.

Back