What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mile High Sports Article Great Read

Buffalo Brad

Club Member
Club Member
http://milehighsports.com/Article.asp?id=1607346&spid=

Take a look. Sums it up pretty well. Also sent this to Bohn and DiStefano

Mike and Phil,

I wanted to pass along to you an article that sums up the feelings of most Buff Fans. I cannot imagine that the information is new to you or it is not something that you have already considered, but I thought it was the best summation of what every CU Football Fan is now working through. Coach Hawkins needs to watch his fellow coach from up the road in Ft Collins. His press conference after the loss to Wyoming was a class act where he accepted blame and went as far as saying he did not coach well this last year. Coach Hawkins (and in all honesty the two of you) need to stop talking about a fantastic GPA and players staying out of trouble to try and take the focus off of Coach Hawkins abysimal won loss record. Too many other institutions perform these simple expected tasks and produce on the field.

As the article states below, the program was not burned to the ground 4 years ago. Coach Hawkins is trying to sell something that just is not true and most of the fan base sees through it. I know we are stuck with Coach Hawkins (and I mean stuck) for another season. If he is to win people back to his side, he needs to start being honest and stop being arrogant with the fans and the media. He owns the results and they are not good. If he fails to do this, it will be a long year next year for the team, Fans, Coach Hawkins, and both of you. The questions and pressure are only going to increase.

By the way, as coach Hawkins said, how else can I help? I give as much as my budget will allow, attand all home games and 1-2 road games a season. I have not missed a bowl game. How else does he want us to help? Please get back to me on this one.

Sincerely,

Great read, thanks for passing it along. I'd be interested to know how Bohn responds to you.

I did love this part:
“We all want to win more games. For those that are disappointed, just contact Mike Bohn and say, ‘Hey, Mike. How can I help? What can I do to help?’ And then go in and help.” That’s what Hawkins said about the upcoming offseason and the task at hand, suggesting it’s a team effort to get things righted in Boulder. Really? It’s the fans’ responsibility? They need to step up and do more? Really? It’s not the job of the guy who stands to make $3 million during the next two years? It’s the donors, boosters, parents, students and fans that need to make it happen? Really? The reason the Buffs finished 118th out of 120 Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) schools in penalties this season was because not enough people dialed up the AD and offered to volunteer? Really? That’s why CU got beat by a team who went winless in the Mountain West and was run off the field by a middle-of-the-pack team from the Mid-American Conference? Really? That’s where the finger of blame should be pointed, at everyone else? Really?

:lol: good read. It seems like a lot of the local media are starting to turn on Hawk. Now not only are the fans tired of his zen philosophy, but the media seems to be too. Hopefully he learns from it and can say the right things; right things not being competitive in the Big 12 North, or hoping to compete for a bowl game, those are the wrong things.

help huh? :rolleyes: ok. my suggestion, bring in these two guys as assistant coaches. might be an improvement.....

Beavis-and-Butthead-beavis-and-butthead-1968000-445-636.jpg

Back