What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Miller and Richardson refuse to commit to returning

I think miller wants in the nfl and richardson wants back in california so if they want to go wish them good luck.

This is so ****ing lame. You want a definite answer right after the kNU game? Then you hit twitter saying they "refuse" to comment about it? :lol: I guess you got to make a story out of nothing sometimes. Good job Ringo.

This is so ****ing lame. You want a definite answer right after the kNU game? Then you hit twitter saying they "refuse" to comment about it? :lol: I guess you got to make a story out of nothing sometimes. Good job Ringo.

this in retrospect

I think miller wants in the nfl and richardson wants back in california so if they want to go wish them good luck.

Richardson better either get ready to play in the WAC or sit out 2 years if he wants to go back to Cali.

I am guessing that in the end they both end up here next year although the most likely to leave would be Richardson.

Richardson wants back to California but I doubt that CU would give him a release to another PAC 10 schools and then his only options left are some bad WAC schools or SDSU, a bad MWC school. He is probably dealing with the freshman homesickness along with the normal issues of adjusting to college.

Miller actually does have some options. As mentioned by others if he gets his degree he can transfer to another school as long as that school has a graduate program he enrolls in that is not available at CU and be instantly eligible. I have also seen a number of different reports saying that the NFL scouts are very high on him. His on field performance hasn't been great but they look at tape of him doing a better job against guys like Suh last year and some other top interior D-linemen. He has great measurables, is intelligent, and a hard worker. They figure that with better coaching (another comment on Denver Johnson) he could be a very good NFL guard.

All of this of course is coming off comments made immediately following a disappointing blowout loss at the end of a dissappointing losing season in which a coach got fired. Give it some time to settle down and guys to think about things. Also let the new coach talk to guys and give them a little love. PRich will have to consider that he will be forced to sit out at least one year and then be at a school that is not his first choice and likely not even in the league he wants. Give him a spring semester to get more comfortable in Boulder and bond more with his teammates and his likelyhood of leaving goes down significantly.

In most years this would be a good time for Miller to leave for the NFL. As mentioned above he is finally healthy, this is a weak year for interior O-linemen, and he is facing a year with a new coaching staff and new system if he stays or if he transfers. The problem is that with the labor situation in the NFL right now he is likely to be spending this year on the sidelines or playing a partial season. At the very best he will be coming in without the benefit of any of the off-season camps and training which makes it very hard for O-linemen, especially if they are not drafted in the first 2-3 rounds.

Ringo is an asshat. That aside, we will see these stories until the new staff is onboard and has a chance to recruit the team. Some will leave and that **** happens. It will be on the next coach to fill the holes. Happens anytime you have a change. Those who stay and are Buffs, we love ya. Those who leave, best of luck and do not let the door hit ya in the ass. Better to clear out the loser mentality that has permiated this locker room for the last 5 years.

hire a new coach and the December break has a way of healing the homesickness among many frosh in my experience at CU. Miller is obviously keeping his options open....which is smart.

remember Alex Burks after Bz left. no reason to worry just yet.

That would be unfortunate to lose Richardson. He could do some huge things here.Have really enjoyed watching him quickly develope the second half of the season.

Off the record, Miller has been a gigantic disappointment. I attribute most of it to Hawkins led teams but it is what it is. If he wants to stay, GREAT! If he wants to go, meh. Good luck either way.

Richardson would be a bitter pill to swallow. That kid is a bonafide playmaker, a guy who could help resurrect the program. I think it would be PRETTY *****Y if he got in trouble, kicked out of UCLA, we gave him an opportunity and he turns his back on us after giving him everything this year. At the end of the day, i think a new coach will have a chance to speak to him and keep him. Hopefully he stays. If he still wants to leave, I hope CU pushes their ability to the fullest extent to not let him into Cali, now that they are our rivals. Let him go play at SDSU or Fresno State if he wants to go home that bad.

Finally, if EB is one of the guys coaching here, a direst selling point will be PT immediately whether these guys are here or gone. He just gets to offer more of it right off the bat. Not necessarily a bad thing combined with the fact that we might have the only African American HC between either he or Embree. Those selling points will be HUGE.

Lets not forget in Millers case that the NFL might be in a lockout so that might effect his decision. Why would he leave for another college program. The guy will probably be a team captain next year also.

PRich is another story. Hard to get in the head of an 18 year old that has a bad case of puppy love.

Reporters pressed Richardson for clarification on whether he would remain a Buff and pointed out that his refusal to be clear on the subject would lead fans to speculate he plans to leave.

"They can be led on wherever they want to be led,"

Great answer by P-Rich. Calling out Ringo for trying to lead readers around with his reporting on this story. It's bad enough for Ringo to be putting these kids on the spot immediately after an emotional game. It's worse to run to Twitter and try to start a big ****ing controversy around the kids for not being intimidated into some kind of statement they really weren't ready to make. But using the threat of readers jumping to conclusions based on your own questions and your own reporting is extremely low class. Ringo showed his total lack of professionalism when he started selling information to Scout readers as well as BDC readers. An obvious conflict of interest that neither employer should have tolerated. And this isn't the first time he's shown his tendency to create stories, then sensationalize them. Maybe Woelk would like to bring Kyle to Oregon with him and the BDC could start fresh.

Miller would go pro or nowhere. Richardson needs to figure out that moving around from team to team is not the way to impress anyone. There will be some of this while the search continues. Once the decision is made, it will likely settle down. The next month or two will be rumor time and we all will play, but we should remember that it is all talk until the hire is made.

What will poor Kyle Dingo do without Neil Woelk around next year to wipe his backside?

Maybe Pulitzer will start naming a prize for internet bloggers who glean material and call it "original" newspaper reporting. Dingo is such a tool.

The "Daily Disappointment" owes it's readers (all 29 of them) a real sports reporter and Kyle can keep his internet day job.

Awaiting the next HC hire perhaps?

A great hire will help smooth the transition to next year...

A "great" hire could certainly lose a few commits or players as any new hire could. Atrition is natural in this setting. Nothing you can do about that if it happens. But, how many more *great* recruits or very solid recruits can still be pulled in with a great HC hire? CU has a winning tradition, is one of the most beautiful campuses in the country (with great academics), and CU will be playing in SoCal just about yearly in the new conference.

I wouldn't read anything into a refusal to comment. Let them breathe for a few weeks...

The same things are happening at texas and minnesota and im sure miami and michigan if they get rid of RR. All we can do is wait and see but like it was said earlier if he wants to be in cali he may have to wait a couple of years.

I think what you're referring to is if they get their degree but still have a year of eligibility left. And I think that only applies if you're switching sports like Paulus did last year.

sumler did this and didnt sit out.

It was going to be Central Washington, but he doesn't show up in any of its season stats after being in August newspaper articles. I don't know what happened.

Central Washington? What division of football is that? I don't think there would have been any restrictions on his transfer to that school, regardless of his year. If he had any eligibility left, I think he could have transferred to Central Washington without sitting out any.

central washington? What division of football is that? I don't think there would have been any restrictions on his transfer to that school, regardless of his year. If he had any eligibility left, i think he could have transferred to central washington without sitting out any.

It's 1-AA. But I remember stuff about the potential of him going to SDSU despite not having a redshirt year left, so I think the assumption that a graduate can transfer without penalty is accurate. I think the new school has to offer a graduate program the current school doesn't have. It's how Masoli went to Ole Miss from Oregon and played right away.

Who cares who transfers or leaves? If these guys are Buffs they stay. If not, they go. We need a lot of new, better talent on this team to be competitive anyway. Sure I would rather keep Miller and Richardson. But let's face it, we are rebuilding for a while anyway. We have flashes of talent all over the field, but little to no depth.

Who cares who transfers or leaves? If these guys are Buffs they stay. If not, they go. We need a lot of new, better talent on this team to be competitive anyway. Sure I would rather keep Miller and Richardson. But let's face it, we are rebuilding for a while anyway. We have flashes of talent all over the field, but little to no depth.

You dont get more talented by letting the talent you have go. I believe it called the McDaniels Principal.

When talent is the issue, the last thing you want to do is lose both a 5* and a 4* starter. Not only does it hurt the team, it also send a bad message. There's already a national perception of CU that our best players leave. We need to fix that.

When talent is the issue, the last thing you want to do is lose both a 5* and a 4* starter. Not only does it hurt the team, it also send a bad message. There's already a national perception of CU that our best players leave. We need to fix that.

Needs to be fixed for sure (and the right coach can do that), but if they want to leave they will. Face the facts, we are in rebuilding mode and we are probably going to lose good players with a coaching change (just as we did last time). My point was more, I want them to stay, but I am not going to get worked up if they don't. We are not winning much anytime soon anyway.

Needs to be fixed for sure (and the right coach can do that), but if they want to leave they will. Face the facts, we are in rebuilding mode and we are probably going to lose good players with a coaching change (just as we did last time). My point was more, I want them to stay, but I am not going to get worked up if they don't. We are not winning much anytime soon anyway.

Nothing says we have to let them leave.

Back