What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Miss State incoming 5* frosh - 1 game suspension for beating woman

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
A video surfaced of 5* incoming freshman Jeffrey Simmons beating a woman.
http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/28/video-shows-top-football-recruit-brutally-beating-woman-video/

Miss State decided to allow him to enroll and then gave itself a pat on the back for suspending him for the first game of the upcoming season.

Well, SI's Andy Staples had a question on that for AD Scott Stricklin. “What message are you really sending when repeatedly punching a woman on the ground is the same penalty as targeting?”

Stricklin was left speechless and finally bumbled through an answer about how they didn't evaluate it that way.

If it was me, he gets a season minimum, maybe just told to hit the road. Thinking more about it, I'd just get rid of him completely. Somebody else wants to give him a chance, so be it.

Seems like a good guy. Is MSU also recruiting the girl in the red shirt?

He's a five star, after all. Save the severe punishment for 2's and 3's. They need to find some three star backup to throw under the bus.

You've got a full grown, massive man who not only hits a woman, but frantically beats her while she lays on the ground and is already getting beat by some other woman in front of a crowd that is doing nothing to break it up. This guy is not only a piece of **** but is a bonafide coward for attacking a much smaller woman on the ****ing ground 2 on 1. Unbelievable.

This is fundamentally different than if she had iniated violence and he gave a single retaliatory punch in return.

What's more is that the damn AD is justifying a single game suspension against SOUTH ALABAMA by basically saying "well at least it wasn't rape". With all the other crap that's happened recently, especially ****bailer, this couldn't be more tone deaf. A season-long suspension and then possible second chance isn't unreasonable. However now that Miss St has shown they place football above everything, heads need to roll.

When can we admit that's it really is ok to beat and rape women? I'm tired of dancing around it. Clearly, based in the consequences, it's ok.

Now let's not all jump to conclusions here. There's a pretty good chance she deserved it.

- Uncle Ken

Did I get that right?

Now let's not all jump to conclusions here. There's a pretty good chance she deserved it.

- Uncle Ken

Did I get that right?

Pretty sure I read that she was wearing a "Beat Me Up" t-shirt. I think it was in the **** Baylor campus newspaper.

Dan Mullen really should have cashed it in and moved to a different job one of the past two years. State's not high enough in the SEC pecking order to withstand both the loss of a star player and a media firestorm that may result from poor handling of bad behavior. Then again, the other program in the state has Hugh Freeze, Laremy Tunsil, and the Nkemdiche brothers dominating the headlines this year so they probably think this can fly under the radar.

Dan Mullen really should have cashed it in and moved to a different job one of the past two years. State's not high enough in the SEC pecking order to withstand both the loss of a star player and a media firestorm that may result from poor handling of bad behavior. Then again, the other program in the state has Hugh Freeze, Laremy Tunsil, and the Nkemdiche brothers dominating the headlines this year so they probably think this can fly under the radar.

What really struck me is how out of touch they are with the world outside the SEC bubble. They legitimately felt that they had taken an unprecedented step of punishing someone for an incident that occurred before the player was even on campus and that since it was a regular assault rather than a sexual assault, that they were going to be commended as white knights who were demonstrating a higher standard.

They have been totally blindsided by the criticism they have received. And this, I think, tells us more about how far we have to go than just about anything else I've seen the past few years as the worlds of sports and violence (sexual or otherwise) against women have very publicly collided.

What really struck me is how out of touch they are with the world outside the SEC bubble. They legitimately felt that they had taken an unprecedented step of punishing someone for an incident that occurred before the player was even on campus and that since it was a regular assault rather than a sexual assault, that they were going to be commended as white knights who were demonstrating a higher standard.

They have been totally blindsided by the criticism they have received. And this, I think, tells us more about how far we have to go than just about anything else I've seen the past few years as the worlds of sports and violence (sexual or otherwise) against women have very publicly collided.
Winning (money) over everything...

Higher than whom?

If you're interested in stepping through a portal to an alternate universe, check out any one of several threads on the first 1-3 pages of this board that cover this topic:

http://www.elitedawgs.com/forumdisplay.php?2-Elitedawgs

I spent 15 minutes or so reading every Simmons thread I could find and I didn't find one single post that characterized the guy (Simmons) as anything less than a national hero crusading against political correctness and finally (at long last) standing up to the horrific streak of domestic violence inflicted on MSU 270 pound football players by women.

These people actually believe this ****. Evidently, every last one of them.

If you're interested in stepping through a portal to an alternate universe, check out any one of several threads on the first 1-3 pages of this board that cover this topic:

http://www.elitedawgs.com/forumdisplay.php?2-Elitedawgs

I spent 15 minutes or so reading every Simmons thread I could find and I didn't find one single post that characterized the guy (Simmons) as anything less than a national hero crusading against political correctness and finally (at long last) standing up to the horrific streak of domestic violence inflicted on MSU 270 pound football players by women.

These people actually believe this ****. Evidently, every last one of them.
Oh my. It's precious over there. The entire sentiment is "other people do worse things than that!" It's hardly an ethics debate centered on right or wrong.

I lifted this gem-of-a-OP.

"Star running back Myles Hartsfield verbally committed to Penn State over the summer but had his scholarship offer rescinded after seven Sayreville players were arrested for sodomizing freshman football players.

He was sticking his finger in the assholes of smaller, weaker players- and then putting that finger in their mouth. Where is the outrage on this? What if this was your kid that had it done to them? How could you want this guy in your lockerroom? I mean- this is probably a popular thing at OM- but Hugh Freezus is such a man of God. Homosexual acts like this are against the Bible Hugh- or is this another mistake???

No one in the "discussion" that follows even acknowledges hat PSU rescinded the scholarship. PSU did the right thing, for once, but the conversation centers on how much worse PSU's recruits are than MSU's. Seriously, those fans don't seem to comprehend that this isn't about Simmons' actions, so much as MSU's. It is alarmingly stupid over there.

They closely studied Bo Pellini's methods in Linkin and decided one whole real game's suspension significantly beat the suspension from the first quarter of the Spring scrimmage, that Pellini typically handed out as punishment.

The men who make these decisions need to be continually embarrassed and called out on it until they start making better decisions.

That reporter's bar tab will be on me if ever happen to run into him.
That is exactly what needs to happen. The tab thing too! (y)

Oh my. It's precious over there. The entire sentiment is "other people do worse things than that!" It's hardly an ethics debate centered on right or wrong.

I lifted this gem-of-a-OP.

No one in the "discussion" that follows even acknowledges hat PSU rescinded the scholarship. PSU did the right thing, for once, but the conversation centers on how much worse PSU's recruits are than MSU's. Seriously, those fans don't seem to comprehend that this isn't about Simmons' actions, so much as MSU's. It is alarmingly stupid over there.
Do you now understand why cousins shouldn't marry?

Back