What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Missing Ohio State football player found dead inside Dumpster

MiamiBuffs

YYZ
Club Member
COLUMBUS, Ohio — A missing Ohio State University football player has been found dead, authorities said Sunday.

Kosta Karageorge, a fifth-year senior, had missed practice Wednesday and hadn’t been seen since.

Sgt. Richard Weiner, with Columbus police, said that Karageorge died from what appears to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

His body was found inside a Dumpster and identified at the scene through tattoos, Weiner said.

A handgun was also recovered at the scene.

It was not immediately clear how long the body had been in the Dumpster, Weiner said. An investigation is ongoing.

“The Ohio State University Department of Athletics was shocked and saddened to learn today of the death of student-athlete Kosta Karageorge, a senior from Columbus.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with the Karageorge family, and those who knew him, during this most difficult time,” the department said in a statement.

Last week, Karageorge’s parents told police that their son had complained about concussion symptoms before he disappeared.

In a copy of the missing persons report, Susan Karageorge told police she received a text from her son about 1:30 a.m. Wednesday that said, “I am sorry if I am an embarrassment but these concussions have my head all f***ed up.”

http://kdvr.com/2014/11/30/missing-ohio-state-football-player-found-dead-inside-dumpster/

Very sad. Texting your mom is awful.

Sefo and others have had concussions. Hope this never happens to us.

Poor kid. Also his mom and family. Hasn't Ted Johnson gotten a handle on his concussion related issues? This kid could have gotten help.

Edit: The Boston Globe apparently reported that Ted has the early stages of Alzheimer's. So even though he's "coping" better, his condition isn't great.

Last edited:
Poor kid. Also his mom and family. Hasn't Ted Johnson gotten a handle on his concussion related issues? This kid could have gotten help.

Edit: The Boston Globe apparently reported that Ted has the early stages of Alzheimer's. So even though he's "coping" better, his condition isn't great.

The stories about Johnson's concussions and his health are just sad. One of my all time favorite Buffs.

He was a stud. He's younger than me. Terrible.

The kid was a wrestler who just walked on to the football team this year. Now, he may have played in high school. But I kind of wonder if this case is more about psychosis and less about concussions?

Back