What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Missouri makes switch to the SEC official ...

I dunno, Mizzou is so far away from the rest of the SEC they'll be able to pull in the best recruits from the midwest and steal a few from SEC country. If they play their cards right I think they might be up there in the mix in a few years. Silly to say they are ready to win a title, but I see their recruiting becoming better than before.
Last time I looked at a map, they were next to Arkansas,and the southern part borders Kentucky and Tennessee. A hell of alot closer than CU is to the rest of the PAC.

I would take any highly rated player from the south over a highly rated player from the midwest sans linemen maybe. They are going to be the Ole Miss of the SEC.

Which makes Ole Miss the Tennessee of the SEC. And the Vols become the Arkansas of the SEC. The Razorbacks become the econ major with IT certification, because the stupid has to stop somewhere.

I think Mizzou is making a big mistake. They will prob never be able to legit compete for a title in the SEC. MAYBE once a decade will they even be in the hunt in their division IMO. They have not won the Big 12, hell they have never routinly been a threat to win the BIG 12. Now they have to beat out UGA, South Carolina, Tennessee and Florida just to get a CHANCE to play Bama, Auburn, LSU or Arkansas in the title...... They can't even beat out Nebraska, KSU or CU regularly. They have only been in the Big 12 title game 2 times in 16 years. And both times they were crushed by UT or OU... How the hell do they expect to ever be competitive against the SEC? Mizzou fans maybe happy about the move. And yes they get to play big games in cool stadiums against storied programs.... All very cool things. BUT I will be totally shocked if they are in the top 2 or 3 in their DIVISION anytime soon. And I would be willing to bet their next conference title wont be for decades. In the Big 12 they were not winning the titles, but they were in the top 5 teams in the conference.... Not a position they will be holding in the SEC. Good luck tigers......

Curious on your guys predictions on how many wins MU is able to get in the SEC next year.... (obviously don't know the schedule yet so makes it a little tougher) but my prediction is 2 non-conference wins and maybe 2 SEC wins (3 if they get lucky and draw ole miss/ mississippi state from the west)

All this talk about this being a mistake for Mizzou is crazy. The only thing that would be better for them is if they could get into the Big 10. And since that apparently is not happening, they decided to join the best football conference in the country. Yeah, really sucks for them. They left a crippled conference to join the SEC. What a bunch of dumbasses.

Really, folks. Think about it for a second. They'll be just as competitive in the SEC as they were in the Big 12. Remember all those folks that told us we'd regret going to the Pac? The Pac was going to beat the sh*t out of us and we'd want to go back to the Big 12? Well, yeah, the Pac is beating the hell out of us and we couldn't be happier. Same thing in Missouri.

Reactions: SBG
All this talk about this being a mistake for Mizzou is crazy. The only thing that would be better for them is if they could get into the Big 10. And since that apparently is not happening, they decided to join the best football conference in the country. Yeah, really sucks for them. They left a crippled conference to join the SEC. What a bunch of dumbasses.

Really, folks. Think about it for a second. They'll be just as competitive in the SEC as they were in the Big 12. Remember all those folks that told us we'd regret going to the Pac? The Pac was going to beat the sh*t out of us and we'd want to go back to the Big 12? Well, yeah, the Pac is beating the hell out of us and we couldn't be happier. Same thing in Missouri.

I never said it would be a mistake for them, I just said I thought A&M and Mizzou would get rolled in the SEC early on like CU and Utah are in the PAC. Although I do agree that rhey just made it a lot harder to end their conference title drought of 43 years and counting. CU has 5 titles since Mizzou last won one.

Last edited:
Back