What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mizzou Officals have REPORTEDLY met to discuss the Big 11 plus latest Pac-10 comment

As for the quiet in Cali and Oregon... two things: 1. It's simply not happening or, 2. It's already been settled. I choose 2, because the Pac needs that title game.

As for the quiet in Cali and Oregon... two things: 1. It's simply not happening or, 2. It's already been settled. I choose 2, because the Pac needs that title game.

3. It's going to happen and isn't quite settled but the Pac is avoiding tipping their hand.

From what I've heard here, OSU and OU are on board with the SEC, as is A&M (the Ags have wanted to go there for decades). This is all down to Texas. And, if what I heard today about Mizzou is true, then it might be time to look around.

Alright, OKC...spill it.

Some info on UT....
All over the sports shows today about DeLoss Dodds going into "secret" meetings with the UT prez to sign a contract extension.

This is complete surprise to most down here because the complany line has been that Dodds contract expired in the next couple of years, Mack Brown would take over as AD, and Muschamp to HC.

BUT, rumored extension terms are for an additional 5 years, and general thoughts for the reasons behind Dodds' extension are to get UT through conference realignment or the establishment of their own "Longhorn Network." Everyone is lost on where UT ends up in possible conference realignment, so everyone down here is VERY KEEN/WARY on what is happening with NU and Mizzou.

They already believe it's a foregone conclusion that CU is headed to the PAC.

Actually Navy, I haven't quite spilled yet. I'm debating on if it was worthy of its own post. I tire of long threads and adding new info over starting a new one, ya know?

So worst case scenario - that happens, we don't get invited to the pac - 10, and we end up in a glorified MWC. That would suck so hard.
Maybe that's not a bad fit, we could be much more competitive in the MWC. The present administration has a low priority placed on athletics, until that changes is it better to be in a major conference where you get waxed?

Maybe that's not a bad fit, we could be much more competitive in the MWC. The present administration has a low priority placed on athletics, until that changes is it better to be in a major conference where you get waxed?

I am going to gut you like a fish, if you keep talking like that.

I'm not sure I agree with this. There are clearly certain parties within the Pac 10 that would love to have a title game but they will not just add teams to get there. If the right situation is there (e.g. - Texas) they would do it but they will not add schools like UNM or Fresno or such just to get to a conference game. I hate to say this but I fear that CU may not be a big enough fish to get them to jump but I hope I'm wrong.

I'm not sure I agree with this. There are clearly certain parties within the Pac 10 that would love to have a title game but they will not just add teams to get there. If the right situation is there (e.g. - Texas) they would do it but they will not add schools like UNM or Fresno or such just to get to a conference game. I hate to say this but I fear that CU may not be a big enough fish to get them to jump but I hope I'm wrong.

If the SEC and Big 10 grow then the PAC 10 would be stupid not to. I see no scenario that they would take Fresno though.

If the SEC and Big 10 grow then the PAC 10 would be stupid not to. I see no scenario that they would take Fresno though.

I agree but still say they'll only do it if it makes sense. There just doesn't seem to be a sense of urgency around this out here. Many of the fans I talk to are happy with the Pac 10 just the way it is.

Some info on UT....
All over the sports shows today about DeLoss Dodds going into "secret" meetings with the UT prez to sign a contract extension.

This is complete surprise to most down here because the complany line has been that Dodds contract expired in the next couple of years, Mack Brown would take over as AD, and Muschamp to HC.

BUT, rumored extension terms are for an additional 5 years, and general thoughts for the reasons behind Dodds' extension are to get UT through conference realignment or the establishment of their own "Longhorn Network." Everyone is lost on where UT ends up in possible conference realignment, so everyone down here is VERY KEEN/WARY on what is happening with NU and Mizzou.

They already believe it's a foregone conclusion that CU is headed to the PAC.

Dodds is 72 years old right? He should have been retired by now but him signing up for five more years is just too telling that changes are coming. I can only hope that CU lands in the BEST SITUATION for the Buffs and that might not include the Pac-10 at all.

The Big 12 owns the "Big 14" name and they could easily invite Utah and BYU to replace Mizzou and NU plus the Lambs of Ft. Collins to be the seventh Big 12 North team and TCU to be the seventh Big 12 South team. That in addition to keeping the BCS bid could end up being a big win for CU especially if NU and Mizzou falter in the Big 11 and I believe that will happen. kNU fans do not know what they are getting into.

The thing about Atlanta is... it's the capital of the South. If you've ever been in Atlanta in the fall, you'll see tons of car flags from just about EVERY SEC team -- it's the hub of commerce in that region. So you get SEC grads from all over moving there to work. That's a big reason the SEC title game/tournies are mainly in Atlanta -- so many fans of each school that there's a built-in fan base for everyone.

So with that in mind, I don't see the need for GT. They're a GREAT school and have a solid fan base, but they "feel" more like an ACC team. Clemson definitely "feels" more like an SEC team (big on football, careless on hoops), but they already have South Carolina so it seems redundant.

I still feel like the SEC's focus is adding the Texas TVs and the UT-OU series (and OSU and A&M) and move the conference more west. That's all new market area for the SEC -- adding GT or Clemson or the Florida schools wouldn't do that.

I'd have to agree that the 2 Texas schools would be the best addition for the SEC, but after those 2 I don't think it's quite as clear if they want to go to 16 teams. You'd probably have OU, OSU, FSU, Miami, Clemson, and maybe GT in the mix. I think UF already dominates the state of Florida for market share so I'd be skeptical as to how much Miami and/or FSU add, and the Oklahoma schools aren't that much more of a stretch geographically since it borders both Texas and Arkansas. I still think Clemson has to be an SEC possibility because they're clearly a football-first school, although as you mentioned how much more do they add when the state of SC is already at least half SEC viewership if not more. The problem with the SEC adding Clemson is now they need one more school to make it 16 and the Oklahoma schools are presumably only gonna go somewhere as a pair. And if you look at state-by-state populations then GT would be a more sensible addition than Clemson even though Clemson fits the SEC profile much better. :huh:

Yeah Fatty, where have you been?? 77 has been talking like that since July 2005 (actually closer to 5 years than 4, 77... :huh:)
Things can change, but it has to start with those at the top, and for the last 4 years they are indifferent towards the athletic program. Yeah Fatty is right, it sucks to lose, but you can't polish a turd. I do admire his passion, but we are now at rock bottom as a football program. Sorry, I don't see a light. You tell me what makes you optimistic things have turned around?

Last edited:
Back