What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Monday Buff Bites - Colorado Rivalries Old And New

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Jon Woods

[h=5]Recapping the day's Buffs and college football news.

[/h]
colorado_logo.png
New CU coach Jon Embree will "miss Nebraska" on the Buffs' schedule - The Denver Post
"I will miss Nebraska. You like that opportunity to play those guys. I've never liked them, even when I was little before I played at Colorado. I'm not a fan of red. Never was," Embree said. "The great thing about it, the great hope, is that you get to play them one day in the Rose Bowl. You have that outside chance. Who knows, maybe it will be renewed as our program grows, as a nonconference (game). ...I don't think anyone will take their place."
colorado_logo.png
With fresh area to roam, Buffs looking for new rival - AZStarnet.com
"The in-state school is always the rival," said senior tackle Ryan Miller, a Littleton, Colo., native. "I don't care if it's the Little Sisters of the Poor."
colorado_logo.png
CU Buffs' Eric Bieniemy strives for perfection - Buffzone
The truth is Bieniemy has been consumed with the challenge he faces of outscoring some high-powered offenses he will see on game day this fall. CU isn't going to beat Ohio State, USC or Oregon with a predictable approach and lack of imagination. Bieniemy said the Buffs have made significant progress in learning and executing his system from the first days of spring to now, but they still have a long way to go.
Bieniemy and Embree only gave players about 30 percent of the offense to learn in the spring, but they are feeding them bigger bites now with the season looming. Bieniemy says he feels confident about his ability to walk into the coaches box for the season opener in Hawaii and call a great game, putting his players in positions to make plays and win. He is also savvy enough to understand he's going to wish he had made different calls and decisions from time to time.
colorado_logo.png
Go West, young men: Colorado Buffaloes eager for foray into Pac-12 after leaving Big 12 behind - The Washington Post
"Well, let me ask you this question, don’t they have to watch us?" Embree said. "They don’t know anything about us. If anything, we probably have an advantage because they don’t know what we’re doing. "We can watch tape on Stanford and know what they’re doing. David Shaw’s still there. We can watch tape on Washington and know what they’re doing. So, I think it’s an advantage for us. We’re the unknown in a good way. Because we know what they’re going to do."
colorado_logo.png
Uniform Bracket: Arizona v. Colorado | The Daily Axe - The 3rd first-round match-up in The Great Western Uniform Bracket pits Colorado against the Arizona Wildcats.
colorado_logo.png
Pac-12 Summer Preview: Colorado Buffaloes - Go Mighty Card - Another Colorado preview, this one including a quick Q & A with yours truly.
colorado_logo.png
Pac-12 top 25 for 2011: No. 17 - Pac-12 Blog - ESPN
17. Rodney Stewart, RB, Colorado 2010 numbers: Stewart rushed for 1,318 yards and 10 touchdowns, averaging 4.5 yards per carry. He also caught 29 passes for 290 yards. 2010 ranking: Unranked (played in the Big 12)
colorado_logo.png
Ex-Buff Embree out to rebuild at Colorado brick by brick - NCAA Football - CBSSports.com
It's not going to be easy, Embree is the first to acknowledge, but he has a plan. A plan that involves, quite literally, bricks. Gold ones. "There's a brick wall in our building and under Coach [Bill] McCartney, if you won a big game, you used to paint a brick gold and put the score and the date of the game on there," Embree said. "You knew game week, this was for a brick and it was a big game."
colorado_logo.png
Philadelphia Eagles can redo contracts for Michael Vick, DeSean Jackson and still be under NFL cap - Peter King - SI.com
I wish I'd been able to see Jimmy Smith practice, but he missed with a groin strain. He's the kid from Colorado so many teams bypassed in the draft because of his off-field problems in college; Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported he failed three drug tests at Colorado. But the Ravens picked him 27th overall in April because of his toughness, cover ability and size (6-2, 211).
He seems like a safety when you meet him, all the way down to the physical attitude. "I think out of all the cornerbacks in the draft, I'm the most NFL-ready,'' he said. "I used to watch the NFL when I was in college, and I'd think how crazy it'd be to play for the Ravens. This is where I wanted to be.'' Starting opening day against Pittsburgh, he'll have a chance to prove he belongs.
colorado_logo.png
ESPN-Texas Contract For Longhorn Network : Outkick The Coverage - This Longhorn Network stuff just keeps getting better and better (or worse and worse, depending on who's side your on). This is a must read.

colorado_logo.png
While you were on vacation ... Colorado - Pac-12 Blog - ESPN
Colorado in a sentence The Buffaloes, who haven't posted a winning record since 2005, start their first season of Pac-12 play picked at the bottom of the South Division. But they won two out of their final three games in 2010 and have enough talent to be immediately competitive in the conference.

A look around the Pac-12...
Colorado_Pac-12_medium_medium.jpg
Pac-12 Q&A: Commissioner Larry Scott - Pac-12 Blog - ESPN - Ted Miller sits down with Pac-12 commish Larry Scott.
Report: ASU's Vontaze Burfict punched teammate - Burfict sure is entertaining.
Report: ASU's Vontaze Burfict punched teammate, Sportsbybrooks, a popular sports website, reported Sunday that Arizona State linebacker Vontaze Burfict punched a teammate in the locker room following a practice last week.
Rivals.com College Football - Pac-12 preview: Wild, wild year out West - Colorado is mentioned the least of any team in Rivals Pac-12 preview. But hey, that means we weren't in the worst category...
2011 college football landscape: Expansion - Pac-12 Blog - ESPN - The Pac-12 take on how conference expansion has affected their chance for a title.
Pac-12 Forecast: Stanford takes one for the team - Dr. Saturday - NCAAF Blog - Yahoo! Sports - Matt Hinton runs one of my favorite college football blogs, but this is stupid.
Just a few months into its contract, a new corporate sponsor will ask to have its name removed from Colorado's stadium after the Buffaloes slink in at the bottom of the South Division standings. "While we appreciate the team is improving under first-year coach Jon Embree," an official statement from the company will read, "our board has decided it no longer wishes to have our name associated with this particular brand."

Originally posted by Ralphie Report
Click here t

Back