What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Moneyball approach to former players as RB coaches

Fair enough. Then what is Marcus Houston? Houston was higher rated then MJD. EB ruined MH's career. Also, according to Colin Cowherd this morning "Minnesota has a tough time running the ball."

Point of this whole thread is that it is a mistake to hire former players based on what they did in the past. In Hagan's and EB's case they both ran off 5 star recruits. The question is why is that happening? My argument is that based on what Hagan did in the 80s he's gotten de facto lifetime employment on the football team. He wasn't a coach before he got there and hasn't had any success since he'd been there. He got over on Darrell Scott to commit to CU. But once here he saw what Hagan was all about and left the team. And what Hagan is about is that he is Colorado football. He is the standard by which everyone else must be measured.

If any of Hawk's coaches should be let go, it should be Darian Hagan, first and foremost.

EB did not destroy Houston's career. Some players on those teams thought the same thing about him that what was reported. Minnesota is not really struggling to run the ball - people are just expecting AD to take over every game. Peterson has done well under EB's tutelage, as well as MJD. I don't see how anyone can debate that...

I agree that great players should not be automatically given coaching positions, but I don't think you just shut the door on them either. Paterno was a great QB, Bird did okay with the Pacers, Sloan was a great player, Wilkins is a HOFer as a player too, Fitz at NW is doing well, Harbaugh is doing great, etc. Sure, there are examples on both sides of the argument, and I honestly don't think there is definitive conclusion to be drawn. I think we all can agree though that Hagan needs to show that he can coach his players better. He has not shown anything on the field, but he is a good recruiter. We need both.

Hagan does not deserve to be let go BEFORE some of the other coaches. If he is let go sometime, fine. But to say he should be the first one to be let go is ludicrous. My list is long, and aside from Hawk, I target Riddle and Collins first and foremost, Denver next, Bandison after that, and then I'm fine with everyone else staying (Kiesau needs more conditioning as a coach though).

Here are Calhouns other stats at wiscy for you two clowns.

258 yards in one game
4.7 yards per carry,
8- 100 yard games
4 games of 150+
125 yards per game and 22 TD's
Wisconsin's single season scoring record

I'm pretty sure White Rabbit is agreeing with you, and just sarcastically applauding LA Buffalo's atrocious math. Calhoun was a great back while here and just happened to really excel when back in his home state.

I'm pretty sure White Rabbit is agreeing with you, and just sarcastically applauding LA Buffalo's atrocious math. Calhoun was a great back while here and just happened to really excel when back in his home state.

oh in that case Senior Rabbit i apologize for calling you clown

Back