What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Montez vs Apsay vs Liufau

hcmm mentioned that he "hopes" they don't have to pull Montez's shirt. me too, me too.

I don't think there is any chance we play Montez. HCMM alluded to getting an emergency QB ready. My bet is JMac or Awini will be ready with a limited playbook if needed. Awini would make sense because he should have a very good understanding of the QB position even if that means we just become an option run team for the rest of the game.

I don't think there is any chance we play Montez. HCMM alluded to getting an emergency QB ready. My bet is JMac or Awini will be ready with a limited playbook if needed. Awini would make sense because he should have a very good understanding of the QB position even if that means we just become an option run team for the rest of the game.
Man I hope it's JMac. Allbuffs would be hilarious with the coaches kid at QB.

Well, I guess the folks that wanted to see more apsay got their wish. He had a rocky performance last night, but showed some flashes of real talent. It will be interesting to see what he does with a full week of starter reps

First, no way we burn Montez RS this year. If this had happened in Week 3, the debate would be there to say yes we should. With two games left and little chance at even a waiver for a bowl if a miracle happens and we win the last two. If we are a bowl team and you can get him 3 games, then hey maybe but I like the patience and not letting him get rocked at 18-19 years old and letting him get his feet wet.

Should the thread title be changed now? "Montez vs Apsay vs Gherke."
This thread was named what it is because this question is for next year and this injury opens a bigger door for Montez and Apsay.

If we have to play someone other than Apsay, it will be Gehrke. If he can't go, a walk-on will play, like Patterson.

As bad as our OL is we aren't going to get to Montez this year.

Apsay took a couple of solid hits last night and didn't flinch, looks like a tough kid. Gerke isn't very good but in his limited time he has also taken some solid shots,

The walk on is TJ Patterson who is competent to take snaps. In an emergency they could go to Awini as well.

This injury frustrates me because it looked like Sefo was making some steps forward that last few games. I don't think he's great but I do think he has a lot more potential given some support than the other guys we have seen. Won't include Montez in that evaluation because we haven't seen him. I do know that coming in the concensus was that he was a kid who needed developing. I don't think that development happens in a miracle RS year..

I was hoping for Sefo to have a breakout senior season followed by a Montez with some back-up experience being ready to take the reigns following. Hopefully Sefo comes back quickly but if not Apsay shows signs that we may not be in bad hands next year.

Sefo is a great QB, but he would have been far better and we would have won at least three more games if he played smart instead of tough. He should have just taken the sack right away instead of trying to fight through it. He should slide when he runs instead of taking the hit. QBs have to stay healthy. That is part of winning as a QB.

Well, I guess the folks that wanted to see more apsay got their wish. He had a rocky performance last night, but showed some flashes of real talent. It will be interesting to see what he does with a full week of starter reps

The difference in peoples perspectives is interesting. I thought he had a solid performance last night.

Well, the Rockies are solid, so maybe we saw the same thing after all. Nevermind

The difference in peoples perspectives is interesting. I thought he had a solid performance last night.

Well, the Rockies are solid, so maybe we saw the same thing after all. Nevermind
When we went down by 10 and SC, seemingly, had the momentum and we had a red shirt freshman getting thrown into the fire, there were people leaving the stadium. The men on the field did not give up. They fought to the end. I know. It's a tale told too many times. Nevertheless, I'm proud of this team.

Burning Montez' shirt with 2 games left would be asinine. Make Awini an emergency QB if you have to.

Back