What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

More Depressing News...CU football Recruiting in Texas...

Idot Buff

Today's Fort Worth Star Telegram includes several articles on football recruiting, and includes State and Area recruit status. I was in a hurry, but I did not see one CU commit, nor did I see any references to CU for recruits considering. Hell, I saw CSU mentioned twice!

This program is in a death spiral. If anyone can photoshop Bohn, Benson, and Destuffadoosh in the photo below, I would be most appreciative. Maybe they are the guys over Danny's left shoulder.

http://www.star-telegram.com/358/story/1824847.html

http://www.star-telegram.com/358/story/1825074.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we are in on several kids in Tejas. They just aren't "top" kids.
They are the usual "sleepers" that will come here and do great things - and I'm going to hold my tongue on that note.

We currently have one commitment from Texas. Lowell Williams is from the Houston area and is an under-the-radar type guy. We have a visit from Eric Humphrey (from Dallas) scheduled for January. Other than that, it is slim pickings in Texas for us. For the most part, the coaches have never been able to figure out how to recruit Texas.

To get any sort of jump on the major in-state players or other big-time programs like OU/LSU, along with the Big 12 North programs that have made major in-roads, you better have built a relationship during the kid's junior season. Otherwise, those kids are going to commit early and you are forced to go to Plan B or Plan C. The coaches have done a decent job with getting in on some 2011 prospects early, but it is still not nearly enough.

California is CU's primary recruiting focus, so the worthless places like Texas don't get much attention. Just look at all the success Dan's had in recruiting nationally-ranked RB's out of the LA area!

Best thing that CU could do is to poach David Beaty off Kansas's staff (or immediately snatch him up if he's not retained). We'll need a WR coach anyway if Ambrose takes over the DBs. That guy was a successful HS coach in the Dallas area before moving on to Rice for 2 years as WR Coach and passing game coordinator. He's been at KU for 1 year as WR coach. The guy is absolute money recruiting the DFW area... six commits and counting, all 3* or better, and all from the DFW area this year.

Back