What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

More good news

slider

Hasta la Viska
Club Member
Some 09 recruits are having trouble passing admissions (it originally looked like everyone would qualify) :cry::rolleyes: Some have had to cancel their summer classes

Last edited:
Some 09 recruits are having trouble passing admissions (it originally looked like everyone would qualify) :cry::rolleyes: Some have had to cancel their summer classes

Is that "some" as in "a couple" or "more than a lot."
Spill the beans and shame the devil.

This happens at every school...live with it.

Oh noes with these guys having trouble getting in...WTF is up Hawk??? Doesn't this guy have any sense to not recruit guys that have trouble getting in? Losing season again...it's all Kiesau's fault right. Fire Hawk...hire Embree:rolleyes:

Oh noes with these guys having trouble getting in...WTF is up Hawk??? Doesn't this guy have any sense to not recruit guys that have trouble getting in? Losing season again...it's all Kiesau's fault right. Fire Hawk...hire Embree:rolleyes:

Nope everything is fine. we have plenty of wr's to replace smith and it's up to recruits to make the grades. We're winning 10 games this year :rolleyes:

Nope everything is fine. we have plenty of wr's to replace smith and it's up to recruits to make the grades. We're winning 10 games this year :rolleyes:

Smith may have been more explosive but even those white walk-ons in Maxwell and Espy were much better all-around WR's imo. I'd rather have a team with Smith then without but it's not the end of the world. Atleast we have Celestine and Clemons:smile2:

Smith may have been more explosive but even those white walk-ons in Maxwell and Espy were much better all-around WR's imo. I'd rather have a team with Smith then without but it's not the end of the world. Atleast we have Celestine and Clemons:smile2:

Celestine and clemons, yeah that's great but they won't play til 2010. Hope simmons gets in because the thought of mcknight,maxwell and espinosa being our deep threats is a nightmare.

Scumbag_U-Has-a-Smell.jpg

Not them thankfully

That's fine if you don't want to publicize the names of kids having trouble in school, but then don't put that s*** out there in the first place.

No one wants to read a bunch of garbage about "some" kids having a hard time even if it's true. Just leads to speculation. Either be prepared to name names or keep that s*** to yourself.

Boo.

Not sure why I posted this I was shocked that Smith transferred...and a little drunk

We have some qualification issues with every class, not sure why some are acting like this is new or an indicator of impending doom. DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM! I, for one, LIKE the higher academic standards that we have.

Must be only a few with issues...

"A large percentage of CU's 2009 football signees are in Boulder today for the start of summer school." story

Please paraphrase...I don't fork over the dough for the prem accounts.

Not a complete list, but from what I've pieced together.

2009 class said to be on campus June 1 for summer school/conditioning:
Bonsu, Darden, Grossnickle, Handler, Harris, Kasa, Orms, Ussery, Webb and West of the recent commits, (probably a few more, that's just what I noted)

and also 2009 walkons/preferred walkons: Mario Conte (Mullen), Quick Hildreth (Denver East), Seth Lobato (Eaton CO), Jerry Slota (Chapparal) and Alex Wood (Steamboat Spgs) are said to be there for summer.

Also returning Kendrick Celestine and transfer Toney Clemmons have each said in interviews they will be enrolled for summer. Celestine's status and future are unknown, but he's in Boulder and taking a class.

Of the 2009 class, we know that the California players are unlikely to show up before July due to the later class date (including Bahktiari and Moten). And Clark Evans first has to found a couple of orphanages, save the endangered White Rhino and restore the Rocky Mountain News to its former glory before he can enroll, but he'll be here in a couple of weeks.

For real good news, this is from Hawkins release today:
New Walk-Ons. Nine players have confirmed their enrollment and will be joining the team as walk-ons this fall, including seven from Colorado high schools. Here’s the list of new Buffaloes:
Player Pos. Ht. Wt. Class Hometown (High School)

Marion Conte WR 6- 0 175 Fr. Lakewood, Colo. (Mullen)

Scott Fernandez DL 6- 4 250 Fr. Broomfield, Colo. (Legacy)

Quentin Hildreth TB 5- 8 165 Fr. Aurora, Colo. (Denver East)

Trevor LaBarge TB 5-11 220 Fr. St. Louis, Mo. (Chaminade Prep)

Seth Lobato QB 6- 5 200 Fr. Eaton, Colo. (Eaton)

Cody McAninch DB 6- 0 210 Fr. Broomfield, Colo. (Broomfield)

Geoff Sissom LB 6- 1 220 Fr. Greenwood, Ind. (Center Grove)

Jerry Slota QB 6- 3 215 Fr. Golden, Colo. (Chaparral)

Alex Wood TE 6- 2 190 Fr. Steamboat Springs, Colo. (Steamboat Springs)
the rest of the CU release is here, and not premium.

Last edited:
To not be internet scum, just tell us who ISN'T having trouble getting in :cool: Beacause you're not, not telling us... or something like that

Back